LaunchBox Community Forums

Unified Widescreen Platform Video Theme Project

CriticalCid

@imdavid555 I'm on it!

@bundangdon and everyone else who has a request for a system:

The structure of the unified themes is pretty simple, so with the right images I could create some new ones for you.  I will do all your requests BUT you have to provide me all of the following source files:

- Neutral Background image (no characters, consoles or controller). If possible in 1920x1080.

- Gameplay video (NO trailer / features at least 3 or more games)

- Clear Logo (transparent background / high resolution)

- Picture of the system (transparent background / high resolution) [I don't need that for arcade systems]

- Picture of a gamepad for this system (transparent background / high resolution) [I don't need that for arcade, handheld and computer systems]

- Character of a popular game which can be played on this system (transparent background / high resolution)

I have zero Photoshop skills, so all images already have to be properly edited to fit the requirements or I have to refuse your request.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Melu said:

Thank you for this Videos.

I have to say that the "Unified Widescreen Platform Video Themes (N)" part is corrupted. Thank you for your attention.

Might just be you. Just downloaded a few from the "N" section on my computer using Google chrome and they seem fine.

Hey guys, sorry for the late response but I got finally around to do your requests. I will wait until I have a couple of new videos done before I upload them as an Update Pack on EmuMovies though. Sorry for this inconvenience but on that way it's easier for me and you guys to keep track of the newly added stuff.

I've also updated the main post with the stuff you'll need to provide me for doing requests.

• Like 1

Hey CriticalCid,

Awesome job on these, but it looks like I found a mistake in one of the videos.

In the video for the "Punch-Out!!!" arcade game, the theme artwork itself is fine. However the actual gameplay video is from Mike Tyson's Punch-out, not the regular Punch-Out game. There is already a separate theme video for the Mike Tyson version.

Would you mind re-recording this one with the right gameplay footage? It's a huge favorite of mine, so this has been bugging me :)

Thanks for all your hard work.

Griff

Desktop_12_06.2016_-_16_14_38_01.png

That’s weird. I honestly don’t know how that could happen as this video also uses an older theme which I don’t even have anymore. Nevertheless, I have re-recorded it and it should be replaced in the LB downloader very soon.

If you don’t want to wait than you can already grab it on the EmuMovies FTP, it’s called “punchout.mp4”. Just replace your old one with it.

Here you can find further info's about the FTP:

I haven’t made one because my workflow for doing this in batch involves a lot steps for setting everything up properly and different programs for recording/edit/encoding. But if you wanna tackle console games than I’ll be more than happy to write something up and share my scripts with you. It could probably take a few days until it’s finished, so stay tuned :)

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Hi Cid, I have a request.

I was wondering if it would be possible to make a platform video for Windows indie games using the same assets used in the current Unified Microsoft Windows mp4 and replacing the gameplay video with the one from @viking's Nostalgia Windows Indie platform theme (if he can provide you with the raw video file) and replace Gordon Freeman with the below image of Shovel Knight and Shantae please?

1e612385770cb72a661a462a372eabaa.png