LaunchBox Community Forums

Unified Widescreen Platform Video Theme Project

CriticalCid

If you provide me with everything I need for that than I would be happy to create this theme video for you. I’m not an artist at all, I just merge media together that already exists. So I'm sorry to tell you that I won't be able to create a logo for you for this.

Everything I would need from you is listed in the start post of this thread.

@Charco Do you have a clear logo I could use for your request?

24 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

Hey @Charco, here you go. Sorry for the delay.

I removed the Rayman Legends part of @viking's video because that absolutely isn’t an Indie Game at all and it felt very out of place for me. So I hope you are okay with that.

Microsoft Windows (Alt - Indie Games).mp4

This is great Cid, thanks so much! You are right about Rayman Legends, Ubisoft could not be less indie ?

I'll add this to my Big Box set up this evening, thanks again!!

11 hours ago, viking said:

For the record, I made this video for my bartop. Originally, the idea was to make a video with the playable games with an arcade panel. That's why there's Rayman. ^_^

Sure, makes sense. I was just wondering why Rayman is in a video called “Windows Indie” but now I know, so everything is fine ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Here are the .psd source files from most of the Unified themes.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_6XLOBnGwlUNmY4dG1pMWdHU1E

I don’t use any other templates. I just exported each element of the .psd files as PNG and mashed them together in After Effects.

As for scripts I'm using this Adobe Media Encoder preset to render the After Effects project in maximum quality:

AE.epr

After that I convert it with the same ffmpeg script that I also use for all of my HyperSpin recordings (to have everything in the same exact format and quality settings). Be aware that the ffmpeg script also adds video and audio fade in's and out's at the beginning and the end of the video. If you want to use it you have to manually edit the time codes for that in the script based on the length of your video:

convert AE.cmd

• Like 1

The project is still going on. Actually there’s an update with the handful of themes that I did per request in the past few months coming very soon.

But you should know that I’m not the original designer of these themes. I just made video versions out of them in order to use them with BigBox and I already did all existing Unified themes that I'm aware of.

With that said, if you have a request for a missing platform I would need all source files from you. Check the first post to see what I exactly need for that.

• 2 months later...

@CriticalCid After a bit of a hiatus I've returned to work on my custom platform videos (which i'll hopefully upload here when i've made some more progress). However, the source psd files hosted on google drive seem to no longer exist. You wouldn't happen to have a mirror for them. Otherwise, could you upload some of the psd's which you've downloaded previously (assuming you still have them).