Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
paulmichel21

Script Xpadder / NoMousy

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, I have 2 problems and I need your help.

1- In the applications of the games I add Xpadder to start before the game, and a bat to close it when it closes. With the new versions of LB now it opens to me and I close without being able to use it.

2- How can I do to load an xpadder profile directly with a script in applications?

When I use nomousy I have the same problem mentioned in number 1. It opens nomousy and closes instantly without being able to function.

I hope you can help me.
From already a thousand thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi paulmichel21.

You can use an Additional App to run an XPadder profile before your game, and a 2nd one to stop XPadder after you quit your game.
You don't need to use a batch file or a script to do this.

You have to create 2 Additional Apps for each game.

Application Name:
Type what you want in here, it's only a description.

Application Path:
Set this to point to your XPadder.exe file.

Application Command-Line Parameters:
For the Additional App to start XPadder set this to the path to your XPadder Profile for the game. The /M switch just minimises XPadder to the tray.
There's no need to include the Profile extension,; XPadder will add it automatically.
By the way, XPadder is rumoured to not like spaces in the path to a Profile. If you have spaces, then you may need to enclose the path and profile name in double quotes.
If you have to use double quotes, then leave the /M bit outside of them.

For the Additional App to close XPadder set this to /C

See images below for an example.

Sorry I can't be of help with nomousy, but I don't use this.

AutoStartGameProfile.PNG

AutoStopXPadder.PNG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

xpadder support profiles so.... you could just load xpadder at windows start using a default empty profile. and when LB load the game xpadder change automatically to the game profile. I use last version of xpadder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, spycat said:

Hi paulmichel21.

You can use an Additional App to run an XPadder profile before your game, and a 2nd one to stop XPadder after you quit your game.
You don't need to use a batch file or a script to do this.

You have to create 2 Additional Apps for each game.

Application Name:
Type what you want in here, it's only a description.

Application Path:
Set this to point to your XPadder.exe file.

Application Command-Line Parameters:
For the Additional App to start XPadder set this to the path to your XPadder Profile for the game. The /M switch just minimises XPadder to the tray.
There's no need to include the Profile extension,; XPadder will add it automatically.
By the way, XPadder is rumoured to not like spaces in the path to a Profile. If you have spaces, then you may need to enclose the path and profile name in double quotes.
If you have to use double quotes, then leave the /M bit outside of them.

For the Additional App to close XPadder set this to /C

See images below for an example.

Sorry I can't be of help with nomousy, but I don't use this.

AutoStartGameProfile.PNG

AutoStopXPadder.PNG

Awesome ... now works perfect. I did the same with nomousy and also works very well ...
Thank you very much really thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This works per game if you have a few but what if I want a default profile to lad for say all Sega Model 2 games or all Capcom Play 2 games. By this method it would be edit every game, Cant there be a global application start before and after on the plaform /emulator config?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@DR9 , there is a global way per emulator. just use the autohotkey tab to run xpadder on startup and exit on exiting the game.

Edit:

Here is an example I use:

Run, C:\Xpadder\Xpadder.exe /m
$Esc::
{
        Run, R:\LaunchBox\Games\Tools\taskkill.exe /F /IM Xpadder.exe
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

Edited by ckp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2017 at 10:27 PM, ckp said:

@DR9 , there is a global way per emulator. just use the autohotkey tab to run xpadder on startup and exit on exiting the game.

Edit:

Here is an example I use:

Run, C:\Xpadder\Xpadder.exe /m
$Esc::
{
        Run, R:\LaunchBox\Games\Tools\taskkill.exe /F /IM Xpadder.exe
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

This is perfect if you only have one default profile in Xpadder but how can I modify this so that it loads a specific profile if I have many different profiles?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think if you use a specific Xpadder profile per game in the same emulator, you would need to not use this ahk and instead use the before and after additional applications  tab for each game individually, where you would run the specific Xpadder profile command. 

Edit: you could use the global method if you want to get fancy with autohotkey by passing in the rom name into the ahk script, stripping off the extenstion and having your Xpadder profile  be that name. 

Edited by ckp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I mean is I have different profiles depending on the platform. How do i get it to load my Atari 2600 profile for example? Not on a per game basis, but specific profile per platform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mcfilmmakers said:

What I mean is I have different profiles depending on the platform. How do i get it to load my Atari 2600 profile for example? Not on a per game basis, but specific profile per platform.

oh, in that case can't you just modify the ahk tab script for each platform to include the profile parameter for that platform? so then you would just have a slightly different ahk for each platform.

like use this in the ahk for atari2600:

Run, C:\Xpadder\Xpadder.exe Profiles\Atari2600 /m

Edited by ckp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mcfilmmakers said:

Right, that's what I'm asking. What is the proper syntax for the profile?

it's like this:

Run, C:\Xpadder\Xpadder.exe C:\Xpadder\Profiles\Atari2600.xpadderprofile /m

So fix the paths to where you actually have your files. This is just an example

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2017 at 10:27 PM, ckp said:

@DR9 , there is a global way per emulator. just use the autohotkey tab to run xpadder on startup and exit on exiting the game.

Edit:

Here is an example I use:

Run, C:\Xpadder\Xpadder.exe /m
$Esc::
{
        Run, R:\LaunchBox\Games\Tools\taskkill.exe /F /IM Xpadder.exe
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

FYI this code launches xpadder perfectly but it does not close Xpadder when exiting the game. This is true for MAME anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a lot of games (mostly windows) with several xpadder profiles, but when I exit a game on Bigbox and choose another game that don´t uses xpadder, like exemple game in Sega model 3, the game assumes both controls (arcade and xpadder from last game). Does anyone know when exiting  a game that uses xpadder, how to make xpadder go back to my default profile (that I use in launchbox / bigbox menu) ?

note: I use Logitech G27 Wheel

Edited by franciscoclement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, franciscoclement said:

Does anyone know when exiting  a game that uses xpadder, how to make xpadder go back to my default profile (that I use in launchbox / bigbox menu) ?

Yeah, when you exit the games just have your batch file or ahk script or whatever you use run the xpadder command to set your default profile. That way, when you exit games Xpadder will be put back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ckp said:

Yeah, when you exit the games just have your batch file or ahk script or whatever you use run the xpadder command to set your default profile. That way, when you exit games Xpadder will be put back. 

I use xpadder throught additional apps on launchbox to define each profile for each game.
LaunchBox > Edit Game > Additional Apps
Example:
Application path ... /xpadder.exe
Application Command-line Parameteres  .../cars2.xpadderprofile
Automatically Run Before main Application: checked
 
thanks, now I can add script to every game when I exit to run the default profile, but there no easy way to make a script to all games or platforms assuming xpadder default profile only when exiting games ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you can do it in the ahk tab for emulators, but i don't think there is an easy way like that for Windows PC games platform. There is no platform level ahk script on exit (i think there is for game startup), but I think it's on the list of things to do.

Edited by ckp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ckp said:

you can do it in the ahk tab for emulators, but i don't think there is an easy way like that for Windows PC games platform. There is no platform level ahk script on exit (i think there is for game startup), but I think it's on the list of things to do.

I said I can add script to every game when I exit to run the default profile, but doesn´t work, because xpadder assumes this default profile in the game instead of the game profile, so I still don´t know how to xpadder assumes default profile when on the menu of launchbox / bigbox

Example:
Application path ... /xpadder.exe
Application Command-line Parameteres  .../defaultprofile.xpadderprofile
Automatically Run After main Application: checked
 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...