LaunchBox Community Forums

Update: Alternate Titles

Vlansix

Hi @Freestate,

We're currently working on this stuff. Please either lookup the patch notes for LaunchBox itself, the twitch livestream and/or youtube videos where Jason develops the LaunchBox client live, or join the LaunchBox public discord and drop into the database channel to get the latest new re: what's being worked on and/or what's already fixed :).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have some questions about alternate titles.

1. Is the region field mandatory now when adding an alternate title? I did add an alternate title without a region. The change was accepted, but the game doesn't display the alternate title. 
2. What region should be set when there isn't a specific region attached to the alternate title?
I have an example:
Game: LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias
Alternate name: LostWinds 2
"LostWinds 2" isn't attached to any region. MobyGames categorizes this as "Informal title"

According to the guidelines the facing name is North America in this case, because it was released there. This is why I did set North America as the region for the alternate title. Is this correct?

3. What region should be used for Rom Hacks?
I've added some Rom Hacks to the Games DB and did set "World" as the region. Is this correct?

Edited by Norfair

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/7/2017 at 6:57 AM, Norfair said:

Hi, I have some questions about alternate titles.

1. Is the region field mandatory now when adding an alternate title? I did add an alternate title without a region. The change was accepted, but the game doesn't display the alternate title. 
2. What region should be set when there isn't a specific region attached to the alternate title?
I have an example:
Game: LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias
Alternate name: LostWinds 2
"LostWinds 2" isn't attached to any region. MobyGames categorizes this as "Informal title"

According to the guidelines the facing name is North America in this case, because it was released there. This is why I did set North America as the region for the alternate title. Is this correct?

3. What region should be used for Rom Hacks?
I've added some Rom Hacks to the Games DB and did set "World" as the region. Is this correct?

Yes is very important to assign the region in every alternate name, for me must be mandatory, this because if you have a game with an alternative name , but in the the Db this alternate name does not have region, the scarper won't recognize the game and won't download the artwork and metadata, and the game shouldn't be correctly merged.

Edited by Drodrick