LaunchBox Community Forums

Indie Games (PC) custom boxarts collection ( WIP thread / 300+ )

Aurel

Alright, I'm officially done with all the indie games I have in my Big Box setup : )
I'll now concentrate on the vids for these games.

That said, I'm not done making boxes for indie games if you guys need me to!
If you have a request, please tell.

A few rules, because one has to draw a line somewhere:
I'll happily make boxes for games:

- Out of early access (the name of the game and visuals can still change)
- With positive reviews
- (Or If you're the author of the game and want it to be included in the database)
- (Or if it's really really a favorite of yours, even if other people don't like it.)

> Please don't throw game names you've never played, and only own for collection.

Happy requests!

seasons after fall.png

Yomawari Night Alone.png

YIIK Episode Prime.png

Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm.png

wuppo.png

Wondership Q.png

voxatron.png

urban trial freestyle.png

tricky towers.png

toto temple deluxe.pngThe Spatials Galactology.png

Princess Remedy in a heap of trouble.png

Planet Centauri.png

pix the cat.png

Edited by Aurel
  • Like 1

I'd love one for Streets of Rage Remake, in the style of this Mega Drive inspired cover if possible ?

sorrv5.jpg

There is no video on Emumovies for this game either, so if you were making videos it would be great to have one showing a few playable characters and different stages. This is probably my favourite game of all time ?

Thanks again @Aurel. Your work is pretty much appreciated!

I hope I don’t act rude when I drop a list on you, but I just went through my whole collection and wrote down every indie game which would need your awesome Photoshop magic :)

Aces Wild: Manic Brawling Action!
Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden
Eojjeonji Joheun Il-i Saenggil Geot Gateun Jeonyeok
Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy
Half Minute Hero: The Second Coming
In Between
Kathy Rain
Lethal League
Mighty Switch Force!: Hose It Down!
Mount Your Friends
Mushroom 11
Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness - Episode 3
Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness - Episode 4
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds
Punch Club
Supercharged Robot VULKAISER
The Beginner's Guide
We Are The Dwarves

@CriticalCid Well, that's a lot, but I'll slowly go trough it.   Eojjeonji Joheun Il-i Saenggil Geot Gateun Jeonyeok  was interesting to dig, I don't know much about korean games, and I was happy to discover it. Oh, also, if you're into Vulkaiser, you might want to check Geppy X on playstation : )

Here are 3 boxes from your list:

mushroom 11.png

Eojjeonji Joheun Il-i Saenggil Geot Gateun Jeonyeok.png

supercharged robot vulkaiser.png

Edited by Aurel
  • Like 1

2nd pack uploaded, and another 27 games painstakingly added to the DB. 

A few requests: (I think I've earned that much :))

PAC-MAN 256

Power Bomberman

Viscera Cleanup Detail

The Jackbox Party Pack

The Jackbox Party Pack 2

The Jackbox Party Pack 3

Serious Sam Classics: Revolution

Shadowrun: Dragonfall: Director's Cut

Super House of Dead Ninjas

Roundabout

Strife: Veteran Edition

20XX

Descent Underground

Gwent: The Witcher Card Game

The Basement Collection

Elite: Dangerous

Thanks in advance!!!!

• Like 1

I think I've earned that much  " >  you know you're  sending this to the database for the community, not for me right? I obviously already have these boxes in my setup ^^!

That said, sure, I'll do your boxes  as well : )

For others : please stop the requests for now. Requests will be ok again after the two previous lists are completed!

(The point is to avoid an endless list and being demotivated at some point.)

Edited by Aurel

Lol believe me, I'm aware of who I'm doing this for. Before the count was reset with the latest update to the DB, I had over 10,000 contributions to the database and roughly 50,000 moderations. Not that it's a contest (which I came in second place on when it happened.) 

Point is, thanks for doing this. Indie games don't get as much love as other big releases, so this is nice to see. I tried to find (and was able to for 90%) some clear logos as well for the games being added; it's nice to have everything looking uniform.

• Like 1

Hello, (first time posting on the forum!) I really love the style of your box.

I was so inspired of your box style that i wanted to do one myself.

Here is an example:

Frogatto.jpgWould you be ok if I upload a few of mine using your style?

Edited by madfox

@Fistydollars 10 000? 50 000?!! Holy Shit man!

Alright, I have no time for photoshop tonight (nor tomorrow sadly), but I've made a little something after reading your message.

@madfox

Hey, welcome! I'm quite  new myself.

You're very (VERY) welcome if you want to craft some boxes as well!
Some boxes are super easy to make (if one is already great and existing somewhere else) but sometimes to make them look "real",  it's better to grab some arts somewhere, some logo somewhere else, and mix everything later in photoshop with a few filters, blending modes, gradients on the corners, etc... You're confortable with this?
I quickly made a Frogatto example to show what I mean.

Anyway, please do! As said earlier, I won't be available for boxes tonight, nor tomorrow (lot of real work for the real world).
So don't hesitate to tackle some games of the lists ( or any of your choice ).
Much appreciated! : )

power bomberman.png

frogatto and friends.png

Edited by Aurel
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Aurel said:

@CriticalCid Well, that's a lot, but I'll slowly go trough it.   Eojjeonji Joheun Il-i Saenggil Geot Gateun Jeonyeok  was interesting to dig, I don't know much about korean games, and I was happy to discover it. Oh, also, if you're into Vulkaiser, you might want to check Geppy X on playstation : )

Here are 3 boxes from your list:

Awesome! Thank you very much! These are looking great as usual :)

Yeah, I don’t know very much about Korean games either but I found this gem through one of my favorite gaming websites http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/ I can wholehearted recommend this website to anyone who is interested in the complete spectrum of retro games!

Btw. thanks for the tip on Geppy X. Will definitely check that one out.

On 17/11/2016 at 8:30 PM, Aurel said:

@madfox

Hey, welcome! I'm quite  new myself.

You're very (VERY) welcome if you want to craft some boxes as well!
Some boxes are super easy to make (if one is already great and existing somewhere else) but sometimes to make them look "real",  it's better to grab some arts somewhere, some logo somewhere else, and mix everything later in photoshop with a few filters, blending modes, gradients on the corners, etc... You're confortable with this?
I quickly made a Frogatto example to show what I mean.

Anyway, please do! As said earlier, I won't be available for boxes tonight, nor tomorrow (lot of real work for the real world).
So don't hesitate to tackle some games of the lists ( or any of your choice ).
Much appreciated! : )

Thank you! I will try do to my best!

Here are already a few games from the lists and some of my own choosing:

Pacman 256.png

Super House of Dead Ninjas .png

visceral cleanup.png

8bitboy.png

99 levels to hell.png

a city sleeps.png

a fistful of gun.png

Aces Wild manic brawling action.png

Aedemphia.png

always sometimes monsters.png

anima gates of memories.png

apotheon.png

• Like 1

I noticed the black PC header at the top of these images is usually all garbled up,  do you have a psd file of this so someone can clean it up? 

Also, I was wondering if you guys have ever considered using a case template with boxart fliers?  I found what I think is a really nice one on deviant art and made a few for my PC games collection so far.

Aqua Kitty Milk Mine Defender.png

Boson X.png

hotline miami 2.png

Hotline Miami.png

Jamestown - Legend of a Colony.png

Risk of Rain.png

@Madfox They're even better than the first ones!

You're doing a fantastic job here! : )

Also, I should have a bit of time tomorrow evening to make the boxes from the previous lists.

@damageinc86

Oh, to answer about the plastic boxes and the blurry logo: I made a super long post about this, then I got a 503 error on the forum and has been too lazy to rewrite everything a few days ago.
To make it short: the plastic cases are very well made, but like Fistydollars I'm not very into it. They're great, it's just a matter of taste. The good thing is, you can easily batch the boxes in photoshop to add the plastic cases on top of the simple boxes (using the photoshop automated actions).

About the blurry logo, it's only some arial black on full black background, no need for a PSD.
That said, believe it or not, I made it blurry on purpose. I'm making myself a very minimalist big box skin, displaying very, very few texts elements (more like a simple nintendo interface, less like an hyperspin fancy in-your-face-look-at-my-big-setup thing). When the logo was sharp, it looked like a big box info text, so I blurred it on purpose so it kind of disappear and let the priority to the art on the covers.

Edited by Aurel

Yeah I totally understand about different tastes for gloss.  But what I meant about the header being garbled up is that there are like big square pixels that are gray, like when an image gets corrupted.  Probably not noticeable in the grand scheme of things.  What about the original boxart before it's had the black header put on top?  Are those being saved?  Because they could really help just in a general sense for a clean source of box art that people can shove inside any template they want maybe.

Edited by damageinc86