LaunchBox Community Forums
mrhappydude

AAE - Working

mrhappydude    8

This is a basic set of steps required to get this working with the best emulator for vector games.

IT took me a bit to get this going but I think I have a working solution to share.

• First you need to download AAE.  http://pages.suddenlink.net/aae/
  • Then roms *Hint:TheRomGuru*
  • Need JoyToKey (or XPadder). http://joytokey.net/en/download You will need to map all the joystick buttons to keyboard buttons in a new joytokey profile including (start + select to exit use button alias under options).  Make it detect the process so it only takes over joystick control when AAE is running.
  • When importing make sure you select import duplicates.
  • On AAE Emulator settings check use filename only without extension.

If you need screen shots let me know.

• Like 2

dvdbob    4

Hi, sounds good.  I'm not sure how to " Make it detect the process so it only takes over joystick control when AAE is running. "  Can you give me any advice on that setup please

Cheers

Steven

mrhappydude    8

dvdbob,

in joytokey you can setup mappings for individual applications.  Simply setup a profile for AAE and it will detect when AAE is running and take over joystick control.  I kill the joytokey process after the application exits and it works very well.  Youtube has videos on how to set this up.

• Like 1

dvdbob    4

Hi,  much appreciated.  I give that a go over the next few days.  If only I could launch individual games from launchbox, at the moment regardless of what I launch I just get the main AAE menu.  I have this working fine in Rocketlauncher, I took a look at their module thinking I might see a switch I could replicate in the LB config but I couldn't understand any of it :)

Thanks again

Steven

mrhappydude    8

Capture1 - Is the Emulator Settings

Capture 2 - In the Emulator Folder. Note the Roms must exist here.

Capture 3 and 4 - JoytoKey screen shots.  You will map your joystick buttons and special key combos ie.  Select + Start to exit...etc.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

dvdbob    4

Perfect, all up & running now.  Really appreciate this, it's been a great help :)

I didn't have the "Use file name only...." selected in the emulator config area

latin625    12

h, I just switched to analog joysticks and would like to map AE keyboard to joystick, but am a bit confused on how to "map, any videos to tutorials I can go to?  Thanks!"