LaunchBox Community Forums

BigCouch Theme

viking

BigCouch Theme

View File

#01. Description:

BigCouch was designed for use on big TV screen. A clear and clean interface to navigate easily in your games and platform.

Seems to be a display bug for the video alignment for few users on PlatformView 2 . It's random and it sounds like a bug in the video engine.
CriticalCid has bypassed the problem by fixing the placement of the video for the 16x9 screens.
If you have an alignment problem, try its patch. Available next to the theme.

Thank you !

#02. Features:

• 4 custom platform view + 7 custom games view.
  • Design for used fanart in background, with automatic blur.
  • Custom icon set. (favorites, broken, ...)
  • Custom media set for Banner and video.  (See below.)
  • Use auto config : No adjustments to be made.
  • Annotated XAML file for easy customization.

#03. Showcase:

• Platform view 1 > Same design as the video version, but here with the banner images. (Download link below for Hardware images set)BigCouch_view17.jpg
  • Platform view 2 > Specially designed for my 4:3 video set. (Download link below) You must use the WMP video engine for proper alignment.BigCouch_view11.jpg
  • Platform view 3 > Same spirit, but with fanart background. (The blur is coded, no images modification required)BigCouch_view10.jpg
  • Platform view 4 > Another way. (The blur is coded, no images modification required)BigCouch_view12.jpg
  • Platform view 5 > A basic list page. Because I can't disable it. ^^BigCouch_view13.jpg

• Game view 1 > Media center style, with horizontal cover wheel, in light color.BigCouch_view19.jpg
  • Game view 2 > Media center style, with horizontal cover wheel, in dark color.BigCouch_view20.jpg
  • Game view 3 > Media center style, with horizontal coverflow.BigCouch_view21.jpg
  • Game view 4 > Media center style, with horizontal cover box.BigCouch_view22.jpg
  • Game view 5 > Same style for the classic list view.BigCouch_view23.jpg
  • Game view 6 > Same style as the classic list view, but with clear logo.BigCouch_view24.jpg
  • Game view 7 > Other style, for maxi cover size.BigCouch_view25.jpg
  • Selected Game view > For all pages, once the game is selected.BigCouch_view07.jpg

#04. Request :

• LaunchBox Premium with BigBox - v.7.0 (beta) and superior.
  • Windows Media Player must be installed on your computer.

#05. How To Install :

• Download the latest version of the theme.
  • Unzipped the "BigCouch" folder into your :   .../LaunchBox / Themes.
  • Open BigBox, go to [Option> View] and select [BigCouch] as theme.
  • In BigBox option, set the video engine on WMP. (you can test with VLC, But there are still some bugs)
  • Relaunch BigBox.
  • Done !

#06. How to Setup :

HOW TO - CHANGING THE VIEW STYLE (platform & games pages)

• In BigBox Option > Keyboard Mapper > Change View = assign a key.
  • Go back to main view and press this key.

#07. Specially designed custom media :

In addition, I shared a whole series of custom media designed to work with this theme.
I invite you to follow the installation instructions on the download pages below:

#08. Changelog :

v.1.5.7

• fix - Detail text space.
  • add - Search by letter in all games view.

v.1.5.5

• fix - minor graphic change.
  • add - 2 more Games View !

v.1.5.1

• fix - try to fix video alignement issue with windows 10. Tell me if it's work !
  • fix - Now work with VLC video engine as well.  But there are still some bugs for some user ... I dont know why =/

v.1.4.0

• fix - try to fix video alignement issue with windows 10. Tell me if it's work !
  • fix - In game view, grey bakground everywhere for games without any fanart.
  • fix - minor bug and graphic issues.
  • add - new custom platform view. (video style, but with hardware banner pict)
  • add - new custom games view. (list style with clear logo)
  • add - readme file into theme folder.

v.1.3.0

• add - rating stars on games view.
  • fix - adjust cover flow image size.

v.1.2.0

• add - another custom platform view
  • add - auto-scroll text everywhere.
  • fix - minor graphic fix.

v.1.1.0

• add - a custom platform video view
  • fix - minor bug

v.1.0.0

• Initial release.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Ahahah thx ^^ I will work the platforms page. I'm not happy about that.

@Nyny77 : I dont understand. The backgrounds are just the original fanart with a blur added in code. There is no asset here.

@Klamp @ALIE : Thx guys ! Tell me what you think, your suggestion and if there are any bugs !

@BakerMan : I'm not sure I understand. Are you talking about the page once the game is selected? This page is linked to the design of the GameTextList (here game view 4). I dont have a choice.

UPDATE : This morning I add a new platform view. Specially designed for my 4:3 video set. What do you think ?

Note: you must use WMP as a video engine for correct elements alignment. VLC bug has this level.

BigCouch_view09.jpg

I also did some minor retouching on the blurred view of the platform.BigCouch_view08.jpg

• Like 3

Oh ok ! Yes, it's pretty simple in fact. You only have to copy/paste my game view XAML file into your theme folder. This will overwrite your original views. So made a backup before !

Files to copy into : Themes/BigCouch/Views :

• WheelGamesView.xaml
  • TextGamesView.xaml
  • BoxesGamesView.xaml
  • CoverFlowWithDetailsGamesView.xaml

Files to copy into : Themes/BigCouch/Styles :

• all .XAML files =)

OK, new update! ^^    I calm down now, I think this theme comes slowly to maturity.

With this v.1.2.0 :

• add - Another platform view.BigCouch_view12.jpg
  • add - Auto-scroll text everywhere.
  • fix - minor graphic fix.
  • fix - minor ajustement on every platform view.
Edited by viking
  • Like 1

This theme is absolute near perfect, I use platform 2 setting so that when I boot into bigbox I have platform videos with a description of them. My only issue is I have created a Movies platform for my movie collection & I have a movie trailer that plays when I select that platform but I can only see half of the video footage as the Movie/Platform details section covers the left side of the screen. Is there a way to disable the details section or do I need to just get my movie trailer in 4:3 Aspect Ratio to fit

@daz : I cant answer the review. So I do it here : 

No, this view is created specially for this 4:3 video set. The best will be that I create a video platform for movies. You cant deactivate texts for this single platform. It's all or nothing for platforms theme. You can add a description for your platform "movie". Text and info.

Very well designed theme. I've been a bit out of the loop lately, have we gotten the ability to load platform videos based on the theme? I want to install this theme but I like MinimalHD with Baker's themes too much to permanently switch. I'd like to be able to switch between this and MinmalHD but it feels like it'd be a ton of effort to swap 35+ platform videos every time . . . unless there's an easier way?

@nicknamex @ALIE : It's very strange ! Especially the fact that the alignment changes between the platforms. :S

Some ideas:

• BigBox up to date? Version 7 (beta) and higher.
  • Is my theme up to date ?
  • You must have Windows Media Player installed on your computer.
  • You must have selected WMP as video engine in BigBox
  • Is your windows up to date ? (I think especially for .net package)
  • I noticed a bug that affects videos under all themes: Showing BigBox on screen 2 is problematic for videos. Do you display my theme on screen 1?

@shadowblind : Yes, it's quite possible and it's easy! 

• Dont put my videos in         [LaunchBox / Video / Platform / ...]
  • But in [LaunchBox / Theme / BigCouch / Video / Platform / ...]

In this way, the media set applies only to this theme specifically. This also works for the "Images" folder as well.

• Like 1