LaunchBox Community Forums

BigCouch Theme

viking

1 hour ago, viking said:

@shadowblind : Yes, it's quite possible and it's easy! 

• Dont put my videos in         [LaunchBox / Video / Platform / ...]
  • But in [LaunchBox / Theme / BigCouch / Video / Platform / ...]

In this way, the media set applies only to this theme specifically. This also works for the "Images" folder as well.

Never knew this! Awesome, thanks. LB gets better and better.

10 hours ago, viking said:

@nicknamex @ALIE : It's very strange ! Especially the fact that the alignment changes between the platforms. :S

Some ideas:

• BigBox up to date? Version 7 (beta) and higher.
  • Is my theme up to date ?
  • You must have Windows Media Player installed on your computer.
  • You must have selected WMP as video engine in BigBox
  • Is your windows up to date ? (I think especially for .net package)
  • I noticed a bug that affects videos under all themes: Showing BigBox on screen 2 is problematic for videos. Do you display my theme on screen 1?

@shadowblind : Yes, it's quite possible and it's easy! 

• Dont put my videos in         [LaunchBox / Video / Platform / ...]
  • But in [LaunchBox / Theme / BigCouch / Video / Platform / ...]

In this way, the media set applies only to this theme specifically. This also works for the "Images" folder as well.

That's the same problem I'm having, where the video is in a different position for each platform.  Everything is up to date, using WMP, only have one screen, etc.  I'm wondering if it's some setting we each have outside of Big Box that could be causing it?  I'm on Windows 8.1, not sure if Windows 10 does anything differently.

13 hours ago, viking said:

@nicknamex @ALIE : It's very strange ! Especially the fact that the alignment changes between the platforms. :S

Some ideas:

• BigBox up to date? Version 7 (beta) and higher.
  • Is my theme up to date ?
  • You must have Windows Media Player installed on your computer.
  • You must have selected WMP as video engine in BigBox
  • Is your windows up to date ? (I think especially for .net package)
  • I noticed a bug that affects videos under all themes: Showing BigBox on screen 2 is problematic for videos. Do you display my theme on screen 1?
  • bigbox 7 beta-12
  • theme v.1.3.0
  • Windows Media Player 12
  • set WMP in bigbox
  • windows update (windows 10 )
  • desktop 1920*1080

@shadowblind @ALIE @nicknamex  @madpossum O.oDamn !!! It's strange! I developed and tested this theme on windows 7. My only computer run windows 10 is my 4:3 Bartop. I will do some tests asap. The strangest is the random positioning. This is not normal at all. In fact, the video is simply displayed with 2 alignment constraints: vertical = stretch + horizontal = right. It is this alignment command that poses a problem visibly. Still, I have not had this type of feedback on my other BarTop theme that uses exactly the same principle.

Can you try changing the transition mode for videos? For example, on "fade" or "none".

• BigBox option > Transition > Platform video transition > Fade or None

Maybe @Jason Carr has an idea on the matter ??

@Nyny77 I fix all the bug before and I decline other views.

• Like 1

The alignment properties are buggy for WMP and VLC but each has its own problems with that. I encountered that problem for my own theme as well and it appears that it depends on the video. Some videos aren’t affected at all while others always have the same issue to be not properly on the position they should be.

Yes, I realized that. :( 

@shadowblind @ALIE @nicknamex  @madpossu

OK, here is a test to work around the problem. I attach just this particular view to this message. For test.

PlatformWheel2FiltersView.zip

• Go into your :  LaunchBox / Theme / BigCouch / Views
  • Make a backup of your   "PlatformWheel2FiltersView.xaml"   file.
  • Put the new test   "PlatformWheel2FiltersView.xaml"   file to this location.
  • Relaunch BigBox

This file fix the problem ??

Edited by viking

7 hours ago, viking said:

Yes, I realized that. :( 

OK, here is a test to work around the problem. I attach just this particular view to this message. For test.

PlatformWheel2FiltersView.zip

• Go into your :  LaunchBox / Theme / BigCouch / Views
  • Make a backup of your   "PlatformWheel2FiltersView.xaml"   file.
  • Put the new test   "PlatformWheel2FiltersView.xaml"   file to this location.
  • Relaunch BigBox

This file fix the problem ??

Can't speak for the others, but I'm still getting the issue :/

• Like 1

Ok, ok. I cant reproduce the bug on my setup, so I have to ask you to test. Sorry. Here is a new test to fix the video alignment bug for the Platform View 2.

PlatformWheel2FiltersView_FIX test v2.zip

Same story as yesterday: replaced the file in your folder  [Theme / BigCouch / Views / ...]  And tell me if the bug is fixed.

This time I test a grid inception for trying to force the correct display. For the curious, here is the code tested:

<Canvas x:Name="VideoCanvas" Grid.Row="0" Grid.RowSpan="12" Grid.Column="0" Grid.ColumnSpan="25">

<UniformGrid Width="{Binding ElementName=VideoCanvas, Path=ActualWidth}" Height="{Binding ElementName=VideoCanvas, Path=ActualHeight}" >

<Grid VerticalAlignment="Stretch" HorizontalAlignment="Right">

<transitions:TransitionPresenter TransitionSelector="{Binding ImageVideoTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding ImageVideoView}" IsContentVideo="true"/>

</Grid>

</UniformGrid>

</Canvas>

@ALIE : I dont think the  ThemeSettings.xml  file is at issue for this bug.

@Jason Carr : Thx! I still have some ideas to refine this theme once the video bug fixed ;-)

@adu : You forget my 3rd theme BarTop =) Thank you for those words, it's nice to hear!

@Zombeaver : I'm limited in the number of view. Unfortunately, I will not be able to make all custom request. For Arcade and PC texts, you can add your own text for a coherent display.

1 hour ago, GreenGriffon said:

Hey Viking,

Love the theme, but I have a bit of a problem while using it. My background appears completely white, and I can't figure out why this is happening.

Do you know what might be causing this issue?

Thanks,

GG

Desktop 11.30.2016 - 14.00.18.01.png

Desktop 11.30.2016 - 14.06.48.02.png

Have you deleted anything from the download? did you extract the whole theme to your themes folder? I ask because that looks correct but you are missing a background image.

If you are not sure delete and re download.

Hope this helps.

19 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Have you deleted anything from the download? did you extract the whole theme to your themes folder? I ask because that looks correct but you are missing a background image.

If you are not sure delete and re download.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply neil9000. I never touched anything in the BigCouch folder, except to add videos to the theme. The background images and vignettes were in the theme folder as they should be, but were not displaying, even after running the image refresh a few times.

What I just did was delete the theme, ran BigBox once, closed it out, then I re-installed the theme. For some reason that worked.

Strange, but all is well now. Thanks!

Edited by GreenGriffon

5 minutes ago, GreenGriffon said:
5 minutes ago, GreenGriffon said:

Thanks for your reply neil9000. I never touched anything in the BigCouch folder, except to add videos to the theme. The background images and vignettes were in the theme folder as they should be, but were not displaying, even after running the image refresh a few times.

What I just did was delete the theme, ran BigBox once, closed it out, then I re-installed the theme. For some reason that worked.

Strange, but all is well now. Thanks!

Cool, I was not saying you did anything wrong!! lol downloads can be a b*****t sometimes they miss stuff, but yeah if in doubt, delete re download. glad its cool for you now..