LaunchBox Community Forums

BigCouch Theme

viking

Damn !!! Again !
You give me the list of video with good alignement. This is allways the same ? Even after a BigBox restart ?
Would you give me some exemple of video that's never align propely ? For comparaison.

Maybe, this is a good tracks. Because my video dont show up in the last Jason video download feature. The preview dont work. And it's come from my files.

4 hours ago, viking said:

@nicknamex

For those who have the bug: Can you test using this video? Does this fix the bug for this particular platform?

SNK Neo Geo AES.mp4

Unfortunately the problem continues ...Update the video in \ LaunchBox \ Themes \ BigCouch \ Videos \ Platforms And \ LaunchBox \ Videos \ Platforms In case there was any difference .. but still the same.

2016-12-04 11_16_09-LaunchBox Big Box.png

3 hours ago, shadowblind said:

Just out of curiosity, are you using them as the primary platform videos for Bigbox? Or making them specific to the Bigcouch theme?

I've tried it with the videos as the primaries and as specific to the theme, it didn't make any difference.

Mine still looks just like video above does as well, none of the fixes have worked for me either.  I'm on Windows 8.1 so it's not a Windows 10 thing.

OK. I just tested on my bartop : windows 10 - 4:3 monitor 1024x768 - BigBox v7 last beta.
Everything works very well ! No alignement issues. It's really a very strange bug. I dont understand at all what is not working.
Here are snapshots of my settings. What are yours? I try to see if there is not a setting that disrupts the display.
The idea is to isolate the problem for solve it !

(Yes, it's in French. But you can easily find the match)setting_01.jpgsetting_02.jpgsetting_03.jpgsetting_04.jpgsetting_05.jpg

For those interested in the code, in the latest version, I use the grid to align the videos. In principle, there is no longer a bug because of the alignment properties.

<!--GLOBAL GRID SETUP-->

<Grid.RowDefinitions>

<RowDefinition Height="720*" />

<RowDefinition Height="300*" />

</Grid.RowDefinitions>

<!-- SPECIAL 4:3 VIDEO SET BACKGROUND -->

<Image Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/BigCouch/Images/Theme/Videobackground.jpg" Grid.Row="0" HorizontalAlignment="Right" Stretch="UniformToFill" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" />

<!-- SPECIAL 4:3 VIDEO RIGHT ALIGN -->

<Grid Grid.Row="0">

<Grid.ColumnDefinitions>

<ColumnDefinition/>

<ColumnDefinition Width="Auto"/>

</Grid.ColumnDefinitions>

<transitions:TransitionPresenter Grid.Column="1" TransitionSelector="{Binding ImageVideoTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding ImageVideoView}" IsContentVideo="true"/>

</Grid>

The idea is simple:

<Grid.ColumnDefinitions>

<ColumnDefinition/>             [Without anything], the column fits and fills the gap.

<ColumnDefinition Width="Auto"/>   [Auto]: Adapts to content. Here, the video.

The code for the video is simply the original one, recommended in the PDF.

It's unstoppable. I dont understand the bug...

• If it is not the code.
  • If not the video files.
  • If this is not the setting of BigBox.
  • ... Where does it come from ??? :(

@Jason Carr Always about these video alignment problems:
To call an image, there is a choice between:

• <transitions:TransitionPresenter TransitionSelector="{Binding ImageTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding ImageView}" />
  • <Image Source="{Binding Path=SelectedPlatform.BannerImagePath}" />

For calling videos, is there a code similar to the second line? More direct, with no transition or "if" ?
I would like to try something in this style to see if the problem percisite.

Thx !

Edited by viking

Well. New UPDATE v.1.5.0

• Always try to fix video alignement issue.
  • Now VLC video engine work as well (!!)

Trying to work the code to fix the alignment issue, I just make it work with VLC! :o
Tested and functional at home, under windows 7 and windows 10.
Tell me if it works for you !!!!

In fact, I just make : 

::::::::::::::: From this ::::::::::::::::

<Grid.ColumnDefinitions>

<ColumnDefinition/>

:::::::::::::: To this :::::::::::::::::::

<Grid.ColumnDefinitions>

<ColumnDefinition Width="*"/>

Edited by viking
  • Like 2

20161206_172015.mp4 : (WMP ?)

Wait, but the display is good !!! No ?
The white background is not a code problem. It's because it dont find the theme images.
You would not accidentally delete the file: LaunchBox > Theme > BigCouch > Images > Theme ...
This is the place I put all theme images.

20161206_172109.mp4  : (VLC ?)

Here OK, the video is not displayed. But why does it work at home !!??

EDIT : @ALIE

It is normal that the video doesn't take the whole screen. That's why I make images to hide this. The problem of alignment is that the videos dont always seem well glued to the right of the screen. And that's not normal. 
With the images folder, it's work for you ?

Edited by viking

@keltoigael : Strange !

You must have :

• BigBox v7 BETA. Last version is best
  • Theme last version : v1.5.1

Tell me if it's work !

@ALIE : Here is a photomontage to be clearer.

video normal.jpgThis is the correct display. The red frame is video. The rest is made by image. The video must take all this height, without distortion and remain glued to the right. With the latest version v.1.5.1, the display is OK for you?

@shadowblind @nicknamex  @madpossu , anybody :
Still have the display bug with this last theme version ?

Edited by viking

@viking 

Definitely does not work, update to latest version and apply your same configuration and error follows ..

Try your other theme
BarTop and I have the same problem with the videos, shows them in different sizes and positions ..

it will be me? You do not love me vikings

Another theme that I use with your videos is Futurestate and this works perfect, but I understand this Background Videos and I think your theme is different ...

I am seriously thinking of learning and contruit a theme maybe I can help to correct the problem ..

Anyway, greetings and thanks!