LaunchBox Community Forums

Customize list view?

Xzfgiiimtsath

On 11/29/2016 at 0:18 PM, Jason Carr said:

Agreed, those features are indeed planned. Hopefully we can get that stuff added soon. :)

Coooool. I've been hoping this view would get fixed up soon. Currently, sorting by Title in list view completely ignores custom sort titles. 9_9

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Great, awesome, incredible app guys! I'll chime in here too if I may. I was thinking of starting a new thread but found this one. I'd love to have the LB list view save the column configuration so that it stays the same as you had it upon shutting down and restarting. For example, I like to narrow the columns as much as possible to get the most data visible, and move certain columns like Last Played to the left so it's visible, and other things that are less important to me like Rating I move over to the far right. Having it stay that way would be something I'd vote for if it came up in a survey. And yeah I hadn't thought of inline editing, but that would be awesome too. The Calibre program for ebooks has that, pretty handy.

Cheers!

• 8 months later...

Hi all. I’m about to do the purchase of a premium account for the same reason the user that created this post. I would like to know what is the current state of the list view. Did the devs implemented new features or is still working the same way it worked a year ago?

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, danilote1234 said:

Hi all. I’m about to do the purchase of a premium account for the same reason the user that created this post. I would like to know what is the current state of the list view. Did the devs implemented new features or is still working the same way it worked a year ago?

Thanks!

The program is a frontend not a catalogue of your games, there are available programs if you need some sort of absolute listing.

4 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

The program is a frontend not a catalogue of your games, there are available programs if you need some sort of absolute listing.

Yes I know, I actually have a catalog on Excel, but I would like to have some kind of list in here too. I would probably buy the premium account anyway, the big box launcher is a feature that I was looking for long time ago.

1 minute ago, danilote1234 said:

Yes I know, I actually have a catalog on Excel, but I would like to have some kind of list in here too. I would probably buy the premium account anyway, the big box launcher is a feature that I was looking for long time ago.

Then that's fine, just be aware it was never designed to catalogue as such, but just to make setting up and organising very easy. And the reason I purchased the product was also for the bigbox, so I get you. :) 

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2017 at 4:33 PM, Lordmonkus said:

Improvements to the list view like the ones requested in this thread are on the "Small Things" list but only 2 people asked for them so it's not one of the higher priorities.

Put me down as someone else who would love to see at least two improvements to the list view:  ability to remove columns and for LB to save your current list view.  Maybe not many use the list view?  Personally I stay in list view while using LB and save BB to display graphics, so these small changes would make a big difference.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I will delete my posts in other areas so I don't double up but I would like this list view feature to make changes and have it save on closure.

I have halfway figured out for those that don't mind messing with the code.

If you go in Launchbox/Data/Settings in notepad you can edit the Column Field Order without needing to do it each time.

Do this by searching for ListViewOrderedColumnProperties and there you can edit the order and it will save. Do not edit this in the LBTheme or you won't get your changes.

However, when you go try to have it sort by they have a line below in the code that says IndexPriorities. You cannot edit this numbering and get your Sort by to work. Not even if you make the First Column what you want to sort by.

I hope this helps people get part of the way there without having to make more changes every time you open Launchbox.

I would love for the Priority to be editable.

• 3 years later...