LaunchBox Community Forums

Open - Moderation problems - Issues #86, #46, #179, #210, #105, #168, #266, #274, #300

Petitfool

Hello! I am a new contributor to the games database. I've recently had enough contributions approved to become a moderator for it. Eager to start, I got my first submission to appraise. Unfortunately, whenever I try to approve it, I get an error message ("could not approve record: internal server error") and cannot move on from the initial submission. Any help would be much appreciated, as I am excited to start moderating. Thank you!

Screenshot 2016-11-28 23.12.42.png

Hi guys, I fixed some of the moderation bugs last night, but probably haven't caught everything yet. We still have all the stats but we archived some of the historical data in order to help with performance. We have it on our to-do list to make the stats work properly with the archived historical data.

That's good to hear that you've been working on it. As an update on my situation, I'm still stuck on the first submission. Like FoxyMonty, I also see "N" listed underneath, even when the game I'm reviewing has little in common with that entry. Hope to hear some more news soon!

• 1 month later...
On 06/12/2016 at 1:27 AM, Jason Carr said:

Hi guys, I fixed some of the moderation bugs last night, but probably haven't caught everything yet. We still have all the stats but we archived some of the historical data in order to help with performance. We have it on our to-do list to make the stats work properly with the archived historical data.

Any news about that ?

I totally understand it's not your top priority but I have to admit it bugs me to my see changes status at zero whereas I contributed quite a lot :)

Well it doesn't help that @Vlansix and @Kirsten Marie seem to have dropped off the face of the earth, and @Jason Carr is (understandably) focused on the part of the program that actually makes him any money. Dunno what to tell you. I'm doing what I can, but I don't have the same free time to contribute that I used to, and I'd hoped we'd have built up a bigger moderation team by now.

7 minutes ago, FistyDollars said:

Well it doesn't help that @Vlansix and @Kirsten Marie seem to have dropped off the face of the earth, and @Jason Carr is (understandably) focused on the part of the program that actually makes him any money. Dunno what to tell you. I'm doing what I can, but I don't have the same free time to contribute that I used to, and I'd hoped we'd have built up a bigger moderation team by now.

Jason should do more giveaway stuff involving moderation competitions instead of just giving them away for free.  Being able to moderate in batches would be nice too, it's too slow going 1 by 1.  Progress bar would be nice too to see how many are in the moderation queue.  I like to complete things and it's disheartening not knowing how many more there are to do.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Tony Hawk Downhill Jam for PS2 submitted as a new game entry. It looks like the submitter did not include the game title, which may be the reason for the server error. I have tried every option, but the only way thing that works is to skip for 24 hours. If there is not currently a check for completeness before a new game is submitted, it should be added.

Also, instead of only be able to reject data/images for inaccuracy, or accepting needed data/images and making notes to go back and correct once it clears moderation, perhaps an option to correct inaccuracies during the submission process that will then restart the moderation count.

edit: Clue / Mouse Trap / Perfection / Aggravation 4 Game Pack for Nintendo DS is also missing title data and is causing internal server errors.

Edited by bosspatrone