LaunchBox Community Forums

MinimalX

eatkinola

1 hour ago, andyco47 said:

is there a way to make the platfrom videos and the game videos brighter they seen dull with the theme. there bright when i play them without the theme thanks.

Yes, you can decrease the Opacity of the scanlines and vignetting.  It's probably the vignetting (meant to help give a CRT look) you want to turn down.  Look in AOStyles.  I hope to make this easier to set w/the next update.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Where's the intructions? How do I install this great looking theme?

Hi Dan.  Download Minimal-AO-v3.0-CORE.zip and unpack, copy the Minimal-AO folder into the LaunchBox Themes directory, then in BigBox go to Options > Views and select Minimal-AO as the theme.

Yeah that's totally messed up.  Not sure off hand why it's doing that.  Are you using LaunchBox version 7 or higher?  I'm running on Windows 7 at 1920x1080.  Resolution alone shouldn't be the issue.  Minimal-AO uses some xaml from the Default theme.  Have you made any changes to the Default theme?  Does this happen with other themes?

2 minutes ago, andyco47 said:

hi mate sorry to be a pain again but were it says genres,modes,platform,developer,plays,stars were is the setting to make it brighter, iv done the others like u said just need this and then its spot on mate plus its a brill theme one of the best.

In AOStyles, look for:

<SolidColorBrush x:Key="AODecoFontColor" Color="#22FFFFFF" />

The color code includes as the first two characters an opacity hex code 22.  You can increase this part of the color code to make it brighter, for example "77FFFFFF" (brighter), "FFFFFFFF" (100% opacity the brightest).  If you take away the first few characters and leave "FFFFFF", it will be white with 100% opacity -- probably will be too bright.  Play around with this string to see what works best for you.  It will change the color of other parts of the theme that use this font, e.g., game year and title in the Games Wheel 2 view, game title in Wheel 3 view, etc.

And it's no problem at all -- I need to improve the documentation and make it easier to change some of the settings.

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

I might have chosen the wrong folder before. I chose the right one this time, and it still doesn't look right:

Good catch. Yes, that looks better -- just looks like it's not finding the background skins. Try one of the default skins such as Abstract-Kevlar. First, make sure you see the skin folder Images/Panels/Skins/Abstract-Kevlar ... should be there because it's included in the download. Then, make sure the AOSkin element towards the top of the config file Styles/AOStyles.xaml is set to Abstract-Kevlar ... it should be because that's the default set in the download.

Aside from not loading the skin image, it looks much better. That looks like Platform Wheel 1 which is a pretty basic view. You can change the platform and game views to some of the more detailed views if you want. Before you do that, see if you can get the skin images loaded.

Thanks for hanging in there, looks like you almost have it working.

One of the default skins? There is only one default skin in my BigBox menu and it's called "default"?

Edit: my mistake - I see that Abstract-Kevlar is one of the skins in your download. I can find it in the folder.

Line 52 of the AOStyles.xaml reads:

<System:String x:Key="AOSkin">Abstract-Kevlar</System:String>

Now what do I do? Do I need to install Visual Studio?

Edited by Dan

I justed wanted to chime in here and say I have been following this theme for a while and each revision you do it keeps getting better and better. This is an awesome theme and I really like seeing the scanlines on the game videos as they were ment to be shown as it just gives it that polished retro look. This theme has moved in to my top 3 list for sure and the one I am currently using as I switch up my themes every once in a while to keep BigBox fresh. Great job you are doing on this theme!:)

• Like 2