LaunchBox Community Forums

Guide: Cheap Arcade Light Guns with Touchemote

14 hours ago, spacorn said:

Just came by to thank tsoukkis for his fork on Touchmote! I use my Wiimote to navigate my HTPC and have been depending on Touchmote for some time, so I was very happy to have a new version of it with major improvements! :)

I have no idea how to compile, is there a binary of the new fork compiled for download?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for this thread. I am currently trying to get things setup but when I try to user tsoukkis's method I get lot's of build errors and can't move forward. I'm sure this is user error but I've tried following the directions exactly to no avail. Here's what I get. Any advice would be appreciated. I can get the guns working put the cross hair in most games is really off.

Many thanks for any advice!

Jay

Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State

Warning    CS0067    The event 'MultiWiiPointerProvider.OnNewFrame' is never used    WiiTUIO    C:\Users\TheArcade\Downloads\Touchmote-tsoukkis-mss\WiiTUIO\Input\WiiProvider\Pointer\MultiWiiPointerProvider.cs    76    Active

Warning    CS0414    The field 'MultiWiiPointerProvider.waitingToConnect' is assigned but its value is never used    WiiTUIO    C:\Users\TheArcade\Downloads\Touchmote-tsoukkis-mss\WiiTUIO\Input\WiiProvider\Pointer\MultiWiiPointerProvider.cs    137    Active

Warning    CS0067    The event 'WiiProvider.OnStatusUpdate' is never used    WiiTUIO    C:\Users\TheArcade\Downloads\Touchmote-tsoukkis-mss\WiiTUIO\Input\WiiProvider\WiiProvider.cs    198    Active

Warning    CS0168    The variable 'e' is declared but never used    WiiTUIO    C:\Users\TheArcade\Downloads\Touchmote-tsoukkis-mss\WiiTUIO\KeymapConfig\KeymapDatabase.cs    495    Active

Warning    CS0168    The variable 'e' is declared but never used    WiiTUIO    C:\Users\TheArcade\Downloads\Touchmote-tsoukkis-mss\WiiTUIO\KeymapConfig\KeymapDatabase.cs    592    Active

Warning    CS0414    The field 'MainWindow.minimizedOnce' is assigned but its value is never used    WiiTUIO    C:\Users\TheArcade\Downloads\Touchmote-tsoukkis-mss\WiiTUIO\MainWindow.xaml.cs    45    Active

Warning    CS0414    The field 'MainWindow.providerHandlerConnected' is assigned but its value is never used    WiiTUIO    C:\Users\TheArcade\Downloads\Touchmote-tsoukkis-mss\WiiTUIO\MainWindow.xaml.cs    49    Active

Warning    CS0414    The field 'MainWindow.pProviderHandler' is assigned but its value is never used    WiiTUIO    C:\Users\TheArcade\Downloads\Touchmote-tsoukkis-mss\WiiTUIO\MainWindow.xaml.cs    69    Active

Warning    CS0414    The field 'MainWindow.bConnected' is assigned but its value is never used    WiiTUIO    C:\Users\TheArcade\Downloads\Touchmote-tsoukkis-mss\WiiTUIO\MainWindow.xaml.cs    75    Active

Warning    CS0168    The variable 'e' is declared but never used    WiiTUIO    C:\Users\TheArcade\Downloads\Touchmote-tsoukkis-mss\WiiTUIO\MainWindow.xaml.cs    250    Active

Warning    CS0168    The variable 'e' is declared but never used    WiiTUIO    C:\Users\TheArcade\Downloads\Touchmote-tsoukkis-mss\WiiTUIO\MainWindow.xaml.cs    276    Active

Warning    CS0162    Unreachable code detected    WiiTUIO    C:\Users\TheArcade\Downloads\Touchmote-tsoukkis-mss\WiiTUIO\Output\TUIOVmultiProviderHandler.cs    121    Active

Warning    CS0162    Unreachable code detected    WiiTUIO    C:\Users\TheArcade\Downloads\Touchmote-tsoukkis-mss\WiiTUIO\Output\TUIOVmultiProviderHandler.cs    166    Active

Error    C1083    Cannot open include file: 'd3dx9.h': No such file or directory    D3DCursor    C:\Users\TheArcade\Downloads\Touchmote-tsoukkis-mss\D3DCursor\main.cpp    11    

Warning    C4947    'RequestMinimum' : marked as obsolete    WiiCPP    C:\Users\TheArcade\Downloads\Touchmote-tsoukkis-mss\WiiCPP\AssemblyInfo.cpp    40    

Warning    C4995    'BluetoothAuthenticateDevice': name was marked as #pragma deprecated    WiiCPP    c:\users\thearcade\downloads\touchmote-tsoukkis-mss\wiicpp\WiiCPP.h    309    

Warning    C4996    '_swprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _swprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.    WiiCPP    c:\users\thearcade\downloads\touchmote-tsoukkis-mss\wiicpp\WiiCPP.h    107    

Warning    C4018    '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch    WiiCPP    c:\users\thearcade\downloads\touchmote-tsoukkis-mss\wiicpp\WiiCPP.h    504    

Warning    C4267    'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data    WiiCPP    c:\users\thearcade\downloads\touchmote-tsoukkis-mss\wiicpp\WiiCPP.h    515    

15 hours ago, Tomkun said:

I didn't have any of those errors when I compiled, or if I did they didn't prevent it from compiling. I'm not at my computer right now, so I can't tell you the exact settings I used, sorry.

No problem and thanks you for the replay. I'll keep trying and if I can't get it figured out the developers at work are going to get some free donuts and a small request! 

On 17/6/2017 at 5:36 PM, ThePolish said:

I have no idea how to compile, is there a binary of the new fork compiled for download?

I didn't know before this either. It did prove a bit difficult because Microsoft's VS page doesn't have the Express 2012 version anymore, and I couldn't get it to build on the newer version (it didn't come with the libraries needed when I tried). I managed to track down a download installer for the 2013 version (close enough). After that I was still missing DirectX SDK. Only then I got it to build it. Got some warnings during the process, but the built files seem to work fine anyway.

I'm not sure about why tsoukkis decided to go this route instead of simply sharing his built binaries... Are we free to share our built files now? 9_9

Edited by spacorn

8 hours ago, spacorn said:

I'm not sure about why tsoukkis decided to go this route instead of simply sharing his built binaries... Are we free to share our built files now? 9_9

Well, normally the built files should work fine. However I remember building on Windows 10, and then trying it on another Windows 10 machine and did not work! :S

I have development experience, but not with MS VS.

So, instead going the route of why, what, troubleshoot, etc, it was easier to share the build procedure.

I believe it is ok to share the built files - let's hope they will work as expected!

• Like 1

I wanted to ask before simply uploading it in case the reason was one of those open source forks policies things that us non-developers wouldn't know about :D

Ok then! Here it is, for people who've had trouble building it themselves. I'm a bit skeptical about all the warning messages I got during the building process, so if whoever tries it, if you encounter any problems, go back to trying to build it yourself. I know jack shit about all this, all I did was following instructions and googling for whatever dependencies VS said I was missing.

This was made and used on Windoes 10 x64. Regular Touchmote drivers and app (v1.0b14_x64) were properly installed on the system before using this. Tested this fork on a different location, then when everything was right I moved it over the regular installed folder and overwrote it.

Edited by spacorn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

By the way, tsoukkis, is there a way to increase the maximum range?

As it is, the "middle" is set on 0.5/0.5/0.5/0.5, left and top decreases, right and bottom increases. My dolphinbar is on the bottom of the screen, When I set the top margin, I go as low as 0.05, or even 0.00, but still I'm an inch from reaching the very top of the screen. I tried to use negatives (-0.10), but the range got even shorter (maybe it dismissed the negative symbol and read it as a positive...)

Actually I'm not even sure it's a Touchmote issue, maybe I reached the limit of the sensor's reach or whatever... But if it sounds like it could be a Touchmote issue, do you think that, maybe, setting the center at something other than 0.5 (for example 1.0, so I have a longer range before I reach 0.0) would let me set the margins farther?

• Like 1

On 24/5/2017 at 2:07 AM, Thatman84 said:

Anyone got a view on if this would work with retroarch mame and shield tv? Or is the touchmote app the linch pin here.

I wanna test but dont wanna invest in stufff that wont work. :(

I just came across this old post, just wanted to mention that yes, Touchmote works with RetroArch. In fact, setting up MAME "inside" RetroArch is exactly the same, in-game you can access the same in-game configuration menus from standalone MAME, and you can find all of MAME's inis and cfg files inside RetroArch's system savefiles folder.

Edited by spacorn
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, spacorn said:

By the way, tsoukkis, is there a way to increase the maximum range?

As it is, the "middle" is set on 0.5/0.5/0.5/0.5, left and top decreases, right and bottom increases. My dolphinbar is on the bottom of the screen, When I set the top margin, I go as low as 0.05, or even 0.00, but still I'm an inch from reaching the very top of the screen. I tried to use negatives (-0.10), but the range got even shorter (maybe it dismissed the negative symbol and read it as a positive...)

Actually I'm not even sure it's a Touchmote issue, maybe I reached the limit of the sensor's reach or whatever... But if it sounds like it could be a Touchmote issue, do you think that, maybe, setting the center at something other than 0.5 (for example 1.0, so I have a longer range before I reach 0.0) would let me set the margins farther?

I am definitely sure it is not a Touchmote issue but a sensor issue. And particularly the sensor of the Wiimote, since this is the the receiver one.

Possible solutions:

- Step away from the screen

- Put the sensor above the screen might help. Helped in my case because I usually stand while playing, so the angle to the sensor is smaller.

Always re-arrange values of course.

On 8/7/2017 at 11:36 AM, tsoukkis said:

Well, normally the built files should work fine. However I remember building on Windows 10, and then trying it on another Windows 10 machine and did not work! :S

I just had to format my PC because of an unrelated issue (main HDD died), and, what do you know, the binaries I built didn't work anymore, so I had to install VC2013, DxSDK, and everything, to make another one :P 

Oddly enough, the new one is a lot smaller (???), but so far it works just the same. I have absolutely no idea what makes this one work now and not the last one. Maybe it was because I had a year old version of Win10 on my last setup and now I'm on the latest update? Who knows... The important thing is that I got it working again, so I'm uploading the current one here just in case...

(Now I'm gonna disable Windows Updante on my gaming PC and clone the shit out of the current clean OS HDD to never have to go through this again.)

Touchmote-tsuokkis-bin-v2.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.  I stumbled on this board looking to fully calibrate my wiimote with touchmote.

I am sad to say, i tried to build my own code and got the lot of error messages others have had.

Also, i tried downloading both of spacorn's bin and both don't work, the application just doesn't start after double clicking it or running it as admin, i am on windows 10 64bit.  Any ideas why it is not working?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

You probably do need to build it yourself after all. Hopefully at some point someone more knowledgeable on Visual Studio makes bins everyone can use. Until then...

You could try installing the DirectX SDK and Visual Studio version I linked to a few posts ago. That's all I needed to get to build it again on a clean Windows 10 install.

If you get any kind of dx-related errors when building maybe try checking if Visual Studio is findind the SDK files in your computer. (That's a problem I ran into, I fixed it by following instructions on this page)

Another thing to keep in mind (although it's probably obvious but I'm gonna point it out just in case) is that you need to have regular Touchmote installed because launching the binaries alone won't install drivers, device signatures and whatever other stuff it does to your system. So install regular Touchmote, then run tsuokkis build from a different folder.

Edited by spacorn

Thank you very much for your reply!

Yes regular touchmote is installed, from the official site not the github,no difference i guess?

Thank you for the info i will try installing the DxSDK and build it myself as i just formatted.

Thank you i hope it works i REALLY wanna play Point Blank without crosshair :D

16 hours ago, Swrd said:

Thank you very much for your reply!

Yes regular touchmote is installed, from the official site not the github,no difference i guess?

Thank you for the info i will try installing the DxSDK and build it myself as i just formatted.

Thank you i hope it works i REALLY wanna play Point Blank without crosshair :D

I am sooo close hahaha!

Got to build and boot the modified touchmote bin, thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Sadly, another problem! :'(

I can connect the wiimote to my modified touchmote, buttons respond but no way to get the cursor to move in either mouse mode or touch cursor.  When i try with regular touchmote, the cursor and mouse mode both work,

Maybe pertinent to mention, iam not using a mayflash dolphin bar but a real wii bar powered by a wii.

Sorry to bother you again with this, i am about to give up myself, but i wanted to check if you had any idea.

Thank you!

I have Touchmote working great in Mame, but I've ran into an odd issue with BigBox.

My big box/Launch box is not happy working with Touchmote with the virtual x360 drivers. For some odd reason the moment a wii remote is paired, no matter the touchmote profile for the wii remote, it's as if a analogue stick has been stuck in a downward position, and in launch box and it continually scrolls through menus none stop. The only way I can get that to stop is by killing touchmote.

If I disable controller use in Launch/bigbox and just use a keyboard/mouse for navigation it's fine, but the moment I select use controller (not all controllers just a designated one, which isn't a 360 pad) the issue is back.

Has anyone encountered this issue?

Here's a video of the issue happening in real time. Notice the menu's after I open touchmote? Again i'm not scrolling that no idea what it is.