LaunchBox Community Forums

Guide: Cheap Arcade Light Guns with Touchemote

1 minute ago, Tomkun said:

You shouldn't need to configure any controls in Mame at all. You might need to configure touchmote though. I'll send you my Touchmote zapper config in about 10 minutes. 

ok !  thank you.  Im missing something becuause ive just restarted Mame (having just configured it) and started lethal enforcers for first time and its forgotten X and Y axis settings for both and also player 1 button 1 and 2 . :(

AGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thanks again Tomkun.  I do really appreciate your help.

Thanks for tip on lightgun in config.  changed it to keyboard.

Ive downloaded the zapper config and placed in correct folder.  selected it in touchmote.  started mame (ensured all previous config files have been deleted).  

Lethal enforcers worked for up and down gun movement but not for left and right.  the setting is wrong for that if i select input for this machine : 

IMG_2017.jpg

Just now, retroplay said:

Thanks again Tomkun.  I do really appreciate your help.

Thanks for tip on lightgun in config.  changed it to keyboard.

Ive downloaded the zapper config and placed in correct folder.  selected it in touchmote.  started mame (ensured all previous config files have been deleted).  

Lethal enforcers worked for up and down gun movement but not for left and right.  the setting is wrong for that if i select input for this machine : 

IMG_2017.jpg

Lightgun X  is not right, the Y is correct.  I can change it obviously but i assume mame will loose whatever i put in there

If you are only using the files I sent you, I can't understand how this is happening. The only way is if you have somehow inadvertantly overridden one of the settings. Although, the settings you posted above look correct to me. I don't know if you meant it, but the setting you have highlighted is not the light gun x axis. 

12 hours ago, Tomkun said:

Same, latest. I'm going to double check as soon as I get home.  If it's not something with my config filrs, it must be on your end somewhere. I suspect you have a rogue cfg file somewhere overwriting the controls. 

Hi Tomkun.  I deleted all other config files in mame, inc all the default ones, so the only config file is your controller file.

The good news is the games are fine with player 1 wiimote.  Home button adds credit, A button starts a game and trigger works fine.

Player 2 doesnt work though.  

Would you mind if I posted some screenshots of the various settings I now have to see if you can compare to yours for me?

49 minutes ago, Tomkun said:

Sure thing!

Could you send a screenshot of your windows USB controller window and a copy of the mame64.exe -verbose output? That should help tell us where the missing controller is going!

just sorting screenshots now.  i have no idea how to run mame verbose though :(

Sorry attached images are not in order.  Various pics of my setup.  

Player 1 light gun seems fine.

Player 2 is an issue.  Noted that in the windows game controller configuration, when i moved player 1 wimote it was showing me the crosshair moving in a box correctly.  However player 2 wiimote does not move the little cross hair plus sign, instead Z axis moves.  Also no buttons are mapped on player 2 wii mote. - which would obviosuly explain why its not working in mame ! 

Any advice on how to check config of player 2 wiimote Tom?

Thanks

IMG_2018.jpg

IMG_2019.jpg

IMG_2020.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

IMG_2022.jpg

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

IMG_2025.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

Just to be clear, if i go in to the windows controller settings, player 1 wii mote works fine, but player 2, when you move controller you can see the X and Y axis red line moving, but NOT the little cross in the box.  Also no buttons are mapped.  When i press controller buttons nothing happens.  Surely this is something to do with the touchmote setup?

Your MAME settings all look correct and from what you are describing, it does sound like your Touchmote settings are a bit screwy. The settings I sent to you work here, so it might be easier for you to set up Touchmote from scratch by yourself.

As long as you make sure that the IR pointer controls the left stick and the trigger is "A" it should work. You can set the other buttons as you wish. I like to have the Wiimote's A button as "Start", but that's just preference. The "2" button there was to work with another game, with unconfigurable start buttons. It doesn't affect MAME at all.

3 minutes ago, Tomkun said:

Your MAME settings all look correct and from what you are describing, it does sound like your Touchmote settings are a bit screwy. The settings I sent to you work here, so it might be easier for you to set up Touchmote from scratch by yourself.

As long as you make sure that the IR pointer controls the left stick and the trigger is "A" it should work. You can set the other buttons as you wish. I like to have the Wiimote's A button as "Start", but that's just preference. The "2" button there was to work with another game, with unconfigurable start buttons. It doesn't affect MAME at all.

Thanks Tomkun.  Im fine with messing about the with touchmote setup for player 2.  however do i then need to edit your controller config file to match my changes in touchmote?