Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
angelobodetti

Thoughts on Citra (3DS)

Recommended Posts

Yeah, you can put the AHK code directly into the emulator settings within LB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

did something change in citra with latest canary ?

When i switch it on with some game citra crashes. When i run games from citra itself everything works ok.

 

I am guessing some default commands changed or something. Like how you load rom to citra.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2018 at 2:07 AM, perkel666 said:

did something change in citra with latest canary ?

When i switch it on with some game citra crashes. When i run games from citra itself everything works ok.

 

I am guessing some default commands changed or something. Like how you load rom to citra.

i'm having the same problem 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2018 at 11:38 AM, Lprong said:

i'm having the same problem 

 

There seems to be some major changes made to the program's interface in windows in the last few 'canary' updates, so it's very likely that some of this new code has affected other areas

Edited by bundangdon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something has changed with this it seems. I remember my 3DS games working with the Citra core in RA but now the two Citra cores won't even load manually in RA let alone launch a game from LB or BB. Has anyone else lately tried with the 3DS with the RA core and failed as of late?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dane said:

Something has changed with this it seems. I remember my 3DS games working with the Citra core in RA but now the two Citra cores won't even load manually in RA let alone launch a game from LB or BB. Has anyone else lately tried with the 3DS with the RA core and failed as of late?

I use the standalone Citra, so I'm not sure...sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, cleverest said:

I use the standalone Citra, so I'm not sure...sorry.

After you posted this I tried Citra and it certainly works better than the RA Citra core. Still nowhere near good enough yet though so I think I will just let my 3DS games sit until the emulation gets better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to ask about the 3DS in RA using the Citra core. I saw a video on how to set it up with RA but there is nothing special you really need to do. I have above OpenGL 3.3, my video driver is GL, my ROMs are decrypted and are .3ds. They will not work in RA alone or launched with LB. When I do try and play a game RA pops up, displays a white screen for a few seconds then closes. I know the standalone emulator might be better but I have seen RA do it fine. Has there been much progress on this core since I posted last in 2018 or is there anything I might look at asides from the above mentioned?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dane said:

Just wanted to ask about the 3DS in RA using the Citra core. I saw a video on how to set it up with RA but there is nothing special you really need to do. I have above OpenGL 3.3, my video driver is GL, my ROMs are decrypted and are .3ds. They will not work in RA alone or launched with LB. When I do try and play a game RA pops up, displays a white screen for a few seconds then closes. I know the standalone emulator might be better but I have seen RA do it fine. Has there been much progress on this core since I posted last in 2018 or is there anything I might look at asides from the above mentioned?

There's a pretty good video tutorial on Youtube if you want to use LB to play 3DS. Heads up though, there are still lots of games that don't work properly...Must be difficult with this 3DS system.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GamerMTL said:

There's a pretty good video tutorial on Youtube if you want to use LB to play 3DS. Heads up though, there are still lots of games that don't work properly...Must be difficult with this 3DS system.

Yeah as I said in my post I did watch a video about it but the videos aren't any help because setup is very straight forward. I have checked all the requirements such as file extension, decryption, video driver etc so on paper it should work, but it is not, RA just launches to a white screen then crashes. Even though standalone Citra is better if I cannot do it with RA I am going to forget the 3DS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dane said:

Yeah as I said in my post I did watch a video about it but the videos aren't any help because setup is very straight forward. I have checked all the requirements such as file extension, decryption, video driver etc so on paper it should work, but it is not, RA just launches to a white screen then crashes. Even though standalone Citra is better if I cannot do it with RA I am going to forget the 3DS.

Standalone citra needs system files doesnt it? So is Retroarch the same?

https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/wiki/User-Directory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Standalone citra needs system files doesnt it? So is Retroarch the same?

https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/wiki/User-Directory

It specifically says to use the GL video driver and would you believe what made it work was NOT using the GL video driver. I tried null and it loaded straight up. Would anyone happen to know where the screen gap option is on the new RA menu as I cannot find it? I did it for the DS but now I am doing the 3DS in the new menu it is eluding me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dane said:

It specifically says to use the GL video driver and would you believe what made it work was NOT using the GL video driver. I tried null and it loaded straight up. Would anyone happen to know where the screen gap option is on the new RA menu as I cannot find it? I did it for the DS but now I am doing the 3DS in the new menu it is eluding me.

Glad you got it working. I dont think there is a screen gap option for that core unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Glad you got it working. I dont think there is a screen gap option for that core unfortunately.

Well go and make that for me, now! Just kidding. That is a shame as that was the only reason I wanted to use RA so I could use a nice overlay but without the screen gap option it wouldn't work. That is okay, I have about 25k other games and cannot have everything. Thank you for replying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I got a question. After trying out many 3DS games through LB with the RetroArch Citra core and as well with both the Citra Nightly/Canary standalone emulators, seems like the games run better with the standalone's. The one major issue I have with LB is that I get a message with many games..."Fatal Error Encountered: Mii Data . At this point the screen just freezes.

Anyone have any clues how to get around this?

Other games run just fine. And some just don't run, period! LOL!

On a side note, how do I update the Citra core within RetroArch, please?

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GamerMTL said:

The one major issue I have with LB is that I get a message with many games..."Fatal Error Encountered: Mii Data . At this point the screen just freezes.

Anyone have any clues how to get around this?

You need the user data folder dumped from a 3DS, like i said and linked to a couple of posts up.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

You need the user data folder dumped from a 3DS, like i said and linked to a couple of posts up.

Sorry missed that. So i have a 3DS handheld that i own. I get it from there? Odd thing is that i don't get that same message from Citra standalones, just happens in RetroArch with the citra core. 

Edited by GamerMTL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GamerMTL said:

Sorry missed that. So i have a 3DS handheld that i own. I get it from there? Odd thing is that i don't get that same message from Citra standalones, just happens in RetroArch with the citra core. 

The unbroken tutorial does not mention any data folder and I did not do anything regarding that and it works fine. You might have to do that with the standalone but not RA. I could be incorrect on that one but I am reasonably confident that is the case. If you are getting any kind of issues try changing the video driver on RA from GL to NULL. After you change it save it as a core override so it does not change for all your other platforms. It might not do anything for you but that is what worked for myself on my setup.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dane said:

The unbroken tutorial does not mention any data folder and I did not do anything regarding that and it works fine. You might have to do that with the standalone but not RA. I could be incorrect on that one but I am reasonably confident that is the case. If you are getting any kind of issues try changing the video driver on RA from GL to NULL. After you change it save it as a core override so it does not change for all your other platforms. It might not do anything for you but that is what worked for myself on my setup.

The issue he has above is specifically this, 

 

11 hours ago, GamerMTL said:

Fatal Error Encountered: Mii Data

So its a Mii error, some games will use the Mii data as soon as they are launched, and if you dont have a "user folder" which also contains data for a Mii, then you will get that error.

image.thumb.png.a24142e46e06cffa504e8b8468b326f1.pnghttps://citra-emu.org/wiki/dumping-system-archives-and-the-shared-fonts-from-a-3ds-console/

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...