LaunchBox Community Forums

Nesica xLive Theme

Evilmaster

On 1/26/2017 at 1:37 AM, shro2016 said:

Hi @Evilmaster, thanks for the like. The theme is progressing well and I have most views built. Animated gif code was broken in 7.4 but hoping this has been fixed in 7.5 so I can get that element added. Currently working on the steam banners for systems so thanks for the link as that is not one I was aware of.

As you say the original theme that this is based on has two rows of banners. At present this is not something launchbox is capable of in its theme so trying workarounds for the minute to get the layout right until they add in a grid style wheel to launchbox which is what this really needs.

I am currently adding dynamic control layouts to the side bars which can be changed by replacing the image files by the user. Hopefully won't be too much longer before I have a finished version to upload with video. 

Hey @shro2016, found another link here https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/2102/new-view-in-bigbox-grid

Someone already made a request for the grid that look like steam be available to big box with a video preview. Wonder if @Jason Carr is reading this then it might get speed up if you work with him?

Regards,

Evilmaster

• Like 1

Thanks @Evilmaster, that seems to have most of the ones the other doesn't. I've also added my comment to the issue request for grid view so fingers crossed that will be in a future release. Just really need the animated gif feature working again now and also trying to work out how to get the users launchbox version number into a textblock, if anyone knows how to do this please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 1/27/2017 at 8:45 AM, SIMPLY AUSTIN said:

I know a few places that have info, packs and all kinds available for it and much more.   But TAITO first have to see it to act on it.  I have too much attention on my channel to simply sneak it out :(  

HOLY SHIT!!! WE HAVE A YOUTUBER ON HERE!?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

In response to the grid look like in steam, it seems that it has already been resolved. https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/2102/new-view-in-bigbox-grid If that is the case, are we able to make this theme look more like the actual Nesica theme? 

As attached, the Nesica theme has either 2 or 3 rows of games grid, aka the steam big box look, then the top will have the preview. In this way, the player can have a wider bird's eye view to see what he wish to play, making the experience way better than "scrolling wheels" - that is a very limited view. Can @simplyaustin help in this?

Evilmaster

2d2hvrc.png

8NQ9vy3.png

Edited by Evilmaster

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
6 hours ago, lessthanzero33 said:

It has been some time so i am asking has anyone been able to get an update on this theme?

Sorry I have not been active in the community for a while due to other commitments. I know the theme manager has been introduced since I last worked on this theme - if anyone can point me in the direction of what I need to do to make this theme available there I can make those changes.

It would be useful to know what other updates you are looking for in the theme? I know grid view has been implemented to BigBox which I was hoping would really bring this theme to life. last time I checked this though it could only scroll vertically, not horizontally and was not possible to reduce the row gap sufficiently to get it to work as the original Nesica theme does. Whether things have moved on since I last checked I will find out.

Other than grid view and being in the theme manager is there anything else people feel is missing from the theme or requires fix/update? 

• Like 1