LaunchBox Community Forums

Who has the largest collection currently standing in Launchbox?

cleverest

2 hours ago, Starbuck said:

Currently setting at 70,000. No dupes. The one thing I do have is for most of my systems, I have sub categories for homebrews, hacks, conversions and prototypes. These categories are forever growing and many of them are fun to play.

How do you organise these sub categories Starbuck? Do you list them as separate platforms? This is something that I am keen to do once the nested folder feature appears in Launchbox! 

Edited by Dan

2 hours ago, Starbuck said:

Currently setting at 70,000. No dupes. The one thing I do have is for most of my systems, I have sub categories for homebrews, hacks, conversions and prototypes. These categories are forever growing and many of them are fun to play.

Would you be willing to enable counts in LB and post screenshots of your platform lists? I have 43k and have no idea what I could be missing....besides a lot of ps3 and several hundred ps2 games I cannot fit...also, what is the total size of your collection? Mine barely fits on a 8TB drive.

Don't have a lot of the games for the newer systems. WII, WII U Ps2, PS3, 3ds. I set up separate Platforms until nested folders appears. I do have them setup, just not a lot of games.

Close to  8tb. Going to start setting some of the bigger systems up on a separate drive and set folders in rockerlauncher so I will have games on 2 separate drives. Have a number of mess systems I want to set up thru mame. I have game counts setup. I believe. It shows the game count when I scroll to a system. Is that what you need?

Wanting to add Flash games and several others. Am working on a spreadsheet

Happy to share whatever I can.

3 hours ago, cleverest said:

Starbuck, yes would be nice to see how many games per platform....to see what I may be missing. Thank you!

Would you like me to up the spreadsheet. I am am adding and taking out a few systems as we speak but i n a bit I can up it for you. Wanting to add some things like flash games currently looking for some.

14 minutes ago, cleverest said:

That would be awesome!

Spreadsheet not completely up to date. I spend more time searching for games and getting them to run thru Launchbox then keeping it up to date. I use someone's spreadsheet that was posted here a while back. I thank them who ever it was. I have and continue to modify it . Would be awesome if one day we had one database and Launchox would check a platform against what you have and tell you what you are missing. Checked and currently have over 500 systems. Many of them are ran thru Mame. I have only imported about half.

Systems.xlsx

13 hours ago, Dan said:

How do you organise these sub categories Starbuck? Do you list them as separate platforms? This is something that I am keen to do once the nested folder feature appears in Launchbox! 

I too like to organize some of my systems into different platforms. Here are my SEGA Mega Drive categories for your interest:

1.thumb.png.c0b46d68222b40361f1479e2a654d099.png2.thumb.png.5883a736083038ac996e9374eb074b1f.pngI have made a clear logo and video for each platform. There are 12 platforms all up just for the Mega Drive. You can see them in more detail here: My Systems.xlsx

Edited by Dane

22 minutes ago, Dane said:

I too like to organize some of my systems into different platforms. Here are my SEGA Mega Drive categories for your interest:

1.thumb.png.c0b46d68222b40361f1479e2a654d099.png2.thumb.png.5883a736083038ac996e9374eb074b1f.pngI have made a clear logo and video for each platform. There are 12 platforms all up just for the Mega Drive. You can see them in more detail here: My Systems.xlsx

Look like you are the one I owe thanks too for the spreadsheet, I started with. Love the way you are doing these. can you share the logos etc. I have 2 Sega Mega drive category that I don't see in your spread sheet. Sega Mega Drive (Russian Unlicensed) 89 games & Sega Mega Drive (NonGood) 106 games

23 minutes ago, Starbuck said:

Look like you are the one I owe thanks too for the spreadsheet, I started with. Love the way you are doing these. can you share the logos etc. I have 2 Sega Mega drive category that I don't see in your spread sheet. Sega Mega Drive (Russian Unlicensed) 89 games & Sega Mega Drive (NonGood) 106 games

Yes I am happy to share my logos and videos. I will upload them shortly for you. I used to have a decent collection of actual physical shitty Russian games for the MD back when I used to collect instead of before going the digital download route. I wish there was good artwork available for all the Korean Samsung releases as they look lovely but due to them not being common I doubt anyone will ever do them. I would be interested in what Russian hacks 'n' stuff you have. What are these NonGood ones you have?

4 hours ago, Dan said:

Many thanks, that looks awesome Starbuck! I wonder how that will be implemented with nested folders, and whether BigBox will have nested systems also.

This morning I got my second 8tb drive hooked up and now have games on 2 different drive running thru Launchbox at the same time. This will allow me to start adding some more platforms to my setup as well as increasing the number of games in some of my newer platforms.

10 hours ago, Dane said:

Yes I am happy to share my logos and videos. I will upload them shortly for you. I used to have a decent collection of actual physical shitty Russian games for the MD back when I used to collect instead of before going the digital download route. I wish there was good artwork available for all the Korean Samsung releases as they look lovely but due to them not being common I doubt anyone will ever do them. I would be interested in what Russian hacks 'n' stuff you have. What are these NonGood ones you have?

here are directory prints of the 2 platforms you asked about

Sega Mega Drive (NonGood).txt

Sega Mega Drive (Russian Unlicensed).txt