LaunchBox Community Forums
cleverest

Who has the largest collection currently standing in Launchbox?

3 hours ago, Starbuck said:

Do you have the logo and videos for your gamegear platforms

I have not gotten around to doing individual videos for my SEGA Game Gear 'platforms' so I just use the one @viking made for all of them. As for the logos, I added them here.

Posted (edited)
On 8/12/2018 at 9:25 AM, Dane said:

Do you have any kind of lightgun or are you just using a controller or mouse? I would love all the Wii games. Only thing with the Wii though is I would have to wait until Retroarch gets better compatibility for it as I try to only use MAME and Retroarch for everything.

I bought a brand new official WiiMote (£35) and a "Mayflash Dolphin Bar" (£16) which is the Bluetooth sensor that the WiiMote or Lightgun and other Wii peripherals work with and this is setup in the Dolphin emulator just by selecting "real WiiMote" in the control settings. It's really easy and it works great as well, better than I expected it to. You'd definitely need to use the Dolphin 5.0 emulator for it though I think. Dolphin is a BRILLIANT emulator. I'd go as far to say it is a masterpiece with the amount of stuff and complexity of the stuff it emulates.

Ahh man, I've had a lot of fun discovering all these Wii and WiiWare games. I never touched a Wii during the time it was around so it's fun been to go back and play the games with the actual controller the games were designed for. I'd say that Wii games are ones that don't themselves too seriously. Some of the shovelware is actually pretty fun lol.

In recent weeks, I played Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword for the first time ever and it is awesome with the WiiMote. You must use the WiiMote for it because of the way Link uses his sword which can't be emulated on a 360 Controller. There are two Wii House Of The Dead games which I've yet to try but I'm expecting them to be awesome!

Edited by JamesBond@ge
  • Like 1

On 8/12/2018 at 1:37 PM, harryoke said:

last time I played it my kids walked in the room just as I was engrossed in Barbie fashion princess :D 

Haha now I'm a Wii convert I'm all about the Barbie Fashion Princess, My Petz Horsez and My Petz Hamzter now. I blame that machine for the "brony" phenomena, but I just can't help it.......

just surpassed 107,000 after adding lots of obscure romsets.

But with it comes the problem of no boxart :( for some titles.

2018-08-18_092407.thumb.png.9664772b5cd157d2e1cea5795809ce48.png

4 hours ago, gamerboii said:

Anyone have large Windows games collection? Just bought a 8tb only for pc games. They sure take up space.

The size of games goes hand-in-hand with more advanced graphics and technology. You could get quite a few games from the mid-90's for the size of GTA 5 :) MS-DOS-games or 3.x games are tiny, so if you want numbers, those are probably the way to go :)

7 hours ago, gamerboii said:

Anyone have large Windows games collection? Just bought a 8tb only for pc games. They sure take up space.

Well, a complete install of my Steam account would probably fill that 8tb. The last time I checked I was a 11tb. 😁😅

I only have about 20 Windows game, they take up too much space on my single 8tb drive. Can't wait until a 16TB NAS solution becomes more affordable!

I have the Win3xO collection, but not loaded it into Launchbox yet. Waiting for eXo to release his updated pack and then I'll give it a go. Worth a look if you're interested in Windows games.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

I have the Win3xO collection, but not loaded it into Launchbox yet. Waiting for eXo to release his updated pack and then I'll give it a go. Worth a look if you're interested in Windows games.

same here.