LaunchBox Community Forums

Who has the largest collection currently standing in Launchbox?

cleverest

On 10/21/2018 at 9:37 AM, Dane said:

Out of curiosity has anyone obtained a full PS2 library? I have been trying to get there for a couple of months now and gee it is time consuming. I have not seen a full set available, understandably so due to the size. So I have been acquiring them individually. I have 910 titles thus far but won't add them to LB until I am done. Boy oh boy I look forward to having all of that PS2 goodness!

I have almost a full set with hyperspin xml

Think im missing 2

Some games i have in Europe but are labeled US with hyperspin

That is 2585 roms in total but some games are 2 discs

i have nearby 25.000 games with around 17 TB of used storage for that. Ah, yes. over 70 System so far. I like to divide arcade systems instead of having them all under ARCADE like CPS 1 to 3, Model 1 to 3. or all the different Namco Systems 1868787098_Bildschirmfoto2018-11-24um15_14_57.thumb.png.59ce282b804b31b2651b580f865aba84.png

8.500 C64 and 2.500 Amiga games are also waiting to import but to match them with the GamesDB is horrible and I will wait until there is a easy to use solution for that.

I am also trying to match around 1.700 games with the DB. mostly MSX1 and 2 Games.

3 hours ago, cleverest said:

I have just over 43k games, but all on an 8tb drive so i'm not sure how you are using so much space...do you have many later console games? (Ps3, etc), do you not compress anything?

Ps3, pc, WiiU,, switch, etc are all in 

even my ps2 set is around 1,8TB

i compress wherever it possible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dynamite Jewduh said:

Are you guys using cloud storage? I'm trying to find something reasonable that's unlimited. Right now I'm running my games off of a 8tb external HD with another 8tb external backing up with macrium.

The fear of losing my data is crazy at this point, I want to find a 2nd back up solution. 

Same set up as me, save I backup the ROMS onlya slightly smaller drive, but for a backup I also use backblaze, it TAKES FOREVER, but it's a flat $5 a month, unlimited...hopefully that works out well.

8 hours ago, cleverest said:

Same set up as me, save I backup the ROMS onlya slightly smaller drive, but for a backup I also use backblaze, it TAKES FOREVER, but it's a flat $5 a month, unlimited...hopefully that works out well.

Thanks man I'm going to give it a go. On backblaze you can set it up to only backup the external drive?

You can checkmark which drives are backed up and what is not, but it may also force the OS drive to be backed up...which should still be fine...it's unlimited and you can choose to restore only a certain drive or files from a drive as desired.

Edited by cleverest
  • Thanks 1

Currently I'm at 3,120 games spread over 9 systems. I have NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Sega Genesis, Dreamcast, Playstation, PS2, and Steam. I'm currently working on MAME 0.193 and we'll see how many thousands that will add. After that it's on to the Nintendo handhelds and CPS1&2, I couldn't find CPS3 anywhere. I want to add the Wii and WiiU but the way my system is set up the computer is located in the back of our family room 12 feet from the tv. unless the Dolphin Bar can work with a usb cable to extend the cable I won't be able to play those games.