LaunchBox Community Forums

Bigbox lag

noiseordinance

On 10/7/2018 at 2:28 AM, Jason Carr said:

That is correct; I did not write that plugin. I'm not exactly sure of a way to do it with a priority from that plugin. You're saying prioritizing Big Box to high made a significant difference for you?

ok thats what I thought, I will do some extra testing with the priority change :) With the latest Beta 8 it was pretty damn smooth overall for myself, definitely far less glitchy and jumping between 1 to 5 games in the list that would occasionally happen in previous versions. The only lag I seem to see now is if it gets to a game title it might take an extra up or down press on the controller to get it to move to the next item but that is very rare :)

If I find that the priority  change does eliminate all problems then I can try to script something myself or request a mod from the Kodi Plugin Dev :)

thanks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, DR9 said:

Any have lag when using a XBOX 360 controller when pressing direction keys takes several presses to register and sometime I have to press red or execute button several times to launch something?

do you mean when moving within menus? if so then yes thats basically exactly what this whole thread is about. The symptoms most were seeing is as you mentioned sometimes multiple presses of the up and down arrow keys within menus and also occasionally 1 longer press of the down key jumping a heap of menu items at once :)

On 11/11/2018 at 4:52 PM, Rjay said:

do you mean when moving within menus? if so then yes thats basically exactly what this whole thread is about. The symptoms most were seeing is as you mentioned sometimes multiple presses of the up and down arrow keys within menus and also occasionally 1 longer press of the down key jumping a heap of menu items at once :)

Yup add me to that list, been like this forever and even on newest betas.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm using Big Box 9.0 and Unified Redux theme with my Wired Xbox360 controller. 

System Specs:

Intel i7 -6700HQ
Nvidia 960m
Windows 10 1809

My scrolling wheel works fine without the lag or pause.  I have had it crash on me several times where I need to end task on Big Box.  BUT for the life of me, I can't figure out why my "A" button which is "select" will do a double press majority of the time while in Big Box. My "B" button which is "back" doesn't do a double press.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Hello again on this guys. As you guys probably know, we've been to hell and back trying to get this resolved for everyone, and as far as I can tell we've resolved it for the vast majority of people, but apparently not for everyone.

@DR9 @xman By chance, are you guys running Steam? Do you still get the same issues if you completely close out of Steam? I ask because we recently became aware of Steam causing duplicate inputs for some people in other threads.

Whatever is causing this is isolated and somehow unique to certain systems or certain configurations.

@Jason Carr I usually have Steam open while using BigBox.  I will completely close out Steam and get back into BigBox to see if that resolves the issue as soon as I get a chance.  Thanks for putting your hard work and effort in trying to resolve this issue.  Otherwise, a great product that I just got a forever license during Black Friday!  I'll post results here.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, xman said:

@Jason Carr I usually have Steam open while using BigBox.  I will completely close out Steam and get back into BigBox to see if that resolves the issue as soon as I get a chance.  Thanks for putting your hard work and effort in trying to resolve this issue.  Otherwise, a great product that I just got a forever license during Black Friday!  I'll post results here.

Results: I closed out Steam before starting BigBox and the double press on my "A" button had gone down to every once in a while (I'd say a 95% improvement).  I hadn't mentioned that it also fixed my controller scroll up/down on the menus as it was jumping to every other selection so I think you were correct to say Steam was causing duplicate inputs.  Hope that helps you in resolving any issues or your troubleshooting.

Note: I updated BigBox to version 9.1 and turned on Steam and was able to reproduce the double input entry.

Edited by xman

3 hours ago, xman said:

Results: I closed out Steam before starting BigBox and the double press on my "A" button had gone down to every once in a while (I'd say a 95% improvement).  I hadn't mentioned that it also fixed my controller scroll up/down on the menus as it was jumping to every other selection so I think you were correct to say Steam was causing duplicate inputs.  Hope that helps you in resolving any issues or your troubleshooting.

Note: I updated BigBox to version 9.1 and turned on Steam and was able to reproduce the double input entry.

Okay. I'm still trying to figure out what on earth Steam is doing to cause this. It doesn't seem to be an issue with Big Box, but of course we still need to figure it out. I haven't been able to replicate it myself, so I'm still a bit lost on it.

All I can figure is that Steam is somehow converting inputs from one type to another, and Big Box is picking up both of them. Do you have Use All Controllers checked in the Big Box options? What happens if you uncheck that?

I already had Use All Controllers unchecked and controller is XINPUT XBOX 360/XBOX ONE and now I have Steam up and running in the systray and my controller is fine now?!

The only thing I did different was go into Steam-->Settings-->Controller-->General Controller Settings and noticed my controller was Unrecognized. I made sure Steam recognized my controller and it came back as an XBOX ONE controller (which it's not, it's a wired XBOX 360) and I fire up Big Box multiple times and no double input??

• Like 1

13 hours ago, xman said:

I already had Use All Controllers unchecked and controller is XINPUT XBOX 360/XBOX ONE and now I have Steam up and running in the systray and my controller is fine now?!

The only thing I did different was go into Steam-->Settings-->Controller-->General Controller Settings and noticed my controller was Unrecognized. I made sure Steam recognized my controller and it came back as an XBOX ONE controller (which it's not, it's a wired XBOX 360) and I fire up Big Box multiple times and no double input??

Well that is good to know, and also pretty weird. Can anyone else here test this to see if it makes any difference?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I have been trying for months now to figure out why my computer will not allow me to play BigBox without major lag. All video backgrounds play at a super slow framerate and transitions are taking forever. I can play next gen games on my PC, the specs are solid. I can't seem to figure this out! I want to buy a lifetime license because I love Launchbox and the BigBox interface has so much potential for me personally. I have scoured the forums and all the posted solutions do not work for me. PLEASE HELP ME. Here are my PC specs:

Operating System
    Windows 11 Home 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i9 10900K @ 3.70GHz    40 °C
    Comet Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
    64.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1333MHz (19-19-19-43)
Motherboard
    Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. MPG Z490M GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7C76) (U3E1)
Graphics
    ASUS VG289 (3840x2160@60Hz)
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 (EVGA)    48 °C

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
    Manufacturer    NVIDIA
    Model    GeForce RTX 3060
    Device ID    10DE-2503
    Revision    A2
    Subvendor    EVGA (3842)
    Current Performance Level    Level 0
    Bus Interface    PCI Express x16
    Temperature    48 °C
    Driver version    31.0.15.1694
    BIOS Version    94.06.14.40.45
    Memory    4095 MB
Storage
    1863GB WL2000GSA6472 1 (SATA )    35 °C
    476GB KINGSTON OM8PCP3512F-AI1 (SATA-2 (SSD))
    4657GB RSH-339 ASM1153E SCSI Disk Device (USB (SATA) )    38 °C
    465GB SABRENT SCSI Disk Device (USB (SATA) (SSD))    41 °C
    1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20 EARX-00PASB0 SCSI Disk Device (USB (SATA) )    32 °C
Optical Drives
    No optical disk drives detected
Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

6 hours ago, SpicyDeathRoll said:

I have been trying for months now to figure out why my computer will not allow me to play BigBox without major lag. All video backgrounds play at a super slow framerate and transitions are taking forever. I can play next gen games on my PC, the specs are solid. I can't seem to figure this out! I want to buy a lifetime license because I love Launchbox and the BigBox interface has so much potential for me personally. I have scoured the forums and all the posted solutions do not work for me. PLEASE HELP ME. Here are my PC specs:

Operating System
    Windows 11 Home 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i9 10900K @ 3.70GHz    40 °C
    Comet Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
    64.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1333MHz (19-19-19-43)
Motherboard
    Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. MPG Z490M GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7C76) (U3E1)
Graphics
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 (EVGA)    48 °C

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
    Manufacturer    NVIDIA
    Model    GeForce RTX 3060
    Device ID    10DE-2503
    Revision    A2
    Subvendor    EVGA (3842)
    Current Performance Level    Level 0
    Bus Interface    PCI Express x16
    Temperature    48 °C
    Driver version    31.0.15.1694
    BIOS Version    94.06.14.40.45
    Memory    4095 MB
Storage
    1863GB WL2000GSA6472 1 (SATA )    35 °C
    476GB KINGSTON OM8PCP3512F-AI1 (SATA-2 (SSD))
    4657GB RSH-339 ASM1153E SCSI Disk Device (USB (SATA) )    38 °C
    465GB SABRENT SCSI Disk Device (USB (SATA) (SSD))    41 °C
    1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20 EARX-00PASB0 SCSI Disk Device (USB (SATA) )    32 °C
Optical Drives
    No optical disk drives detected
Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

Did you build this PC, or did you buy it pre-built, as there are some very strange inconsistencies in your specs there. You have a z490 motherboard with a 10th gen I9, thats fine, but you then say you have 64GB of 1333mhz RAM, 1333mhz RAM is DDR3 and will not work with your motherboard as that is DDR4 only.

MSI MPG Z490M GAMING EDGE WIFI mATX Gaming Motherboard (10th Gen Intel Core, LGA 1200 Socket, DDR4, SLI/CF, Dual M.2 Slots, USB 3.2 Gen 2, Wi-Fi 6, micro-ATX, DP/HDMI, Mystic Light RGB)

Also your GPU looks suspect too, the  RTX 3060 is not available as a 4GB variant, it comes with 12GB.

EVGA - Products - Graphics - GeForce 30 Series Family - RTX 3060 12GB

How did you get the specs posted above, it looks like you copied them from a program, like cpu-z or dxdiag, is that correct? Cause if they are reporting correctly then something strange is going on. It's not unknown for Chinese scammers to say a product is one thing and its something else flashed with a fake bios in order to trick the PC into thinking a product is something else, hence why i asked if you built this PC, if you did, did you get the parts from respected vendors?

The GPU, that is reasonable suspect to be tampered with if it is in fact only got 4GB of VRAM. I swear there is at least one rando new user every week signing up on TechPowerUp to go "help plz my GPU is fake how to fix!?" Too many ppl buying no name GPU's from China sold on Aliexpress!