LaunchBox Community Forums

ePSXe quit message

dov_EL

The solution I found was using RocketLauncher. 

It is a bit more complicated than using Launchbox alone but it is worth have it working: when you configure your ePSXe emulator with RLUI, you go to "Settings", "Main Settings", "controls" then set your exit emulator key with your gamepad. 

It works flawlessly.

I tried both script solution (with alt f4 or escape) and also tried Lilypad, both didn't work. 

For the ahk script, it showed the confirmation on exit when I pressed my gamepad exit combination. 

As  for Lilypad, it did not work at all. 

The RocketLauncher stuff is not the best solution I agree, I understand that in fact it is not RocketLauncher that closes the confirmation box, in fact I set same combination for exiting emulator in both RocketLauncher and Launchbox, so when I am playing and press my exit buttons both RocketLauncher and Launchbox catch the input, so it presses twice exit and I have no exit confirmation. 

I was using RocketLauncher for emulator bezels anyway so it does not bother me. I still do not understand why the AHK script did not work though.

The AHK script should have worked, so I am confused there too. When I tested things, I pressed my controller automation buttons again on that screen and it closed fully. Sure, you have to press them twice, but it's much better than having to close it with your mouse.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/12/2017 at 3:56 PM, tacos912 said:

This is how I fixed it:

In Launchbox go to Tools->Manage Emulators. Click edit on your ePSXe. Put this in the AutoHotKey Script:

; This section closes EPSXE when pressing alt+f4(the auto close for controller)
$!f4::
{
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

The automation close via controller calls ALT+F4 on the keyboard to close the emu. So by using an AutoHotKey Script to close the application on ALT+F4 it solves the problem. This should work with any other emulators that experience this issue(epsxe is the only one I found)

this worked for me!!! thank you, the other suggestions did no.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, dovella said:

LShift::return

LAlt::return

LCtrl::return

I'm not sure why you have this bit in there. This shouldn't do anything whatsoever in and of itself. Literally all the :: does is "When I press this key, do the next thing I specify" so in your case LShift, LAlt, or LCtrl will send... return. Which does nothing by itself.

Here's an example of how it can be used:

595e8ec1d31c7_SendCommand.thumb.JPG.37035992fb3f2d6cadef608743118ef4.JPGMind you, having it in there shouldn't hurt anything, but it shouldn't actually be doing anything either :P

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

I was having similar problems.

My system was hanging on the confirmation window so I made one change to the popular script below

On 1/21/2017 at 5:42 PM, AnAnarchist said:

$Esc::
{
}

I added a Send {Enter} to address the confirmation box that was popping up.   My exists are now extremely clean.  My script below.

$Esc:: 

Send {Enter}
}

Hope this is helpful to others

Stone