Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
vice350z

"Bedroom" Theme

Recommended Posts

The last SNES picture you posted of the SNES ones is better one IMO.  It has more lighting effects with the darker background and the lighter desk.  The original theme has lots of ambience (atmosphere), with the pink glow from the neon lights reflecting off the TV etc (it feels alive).  I like the opacity of the strip in the very first NES picture though.  The NES one is nice with the lighting effects.

Edited by spektor56

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love this. It will be an amazing theme. I started dreaming that as well as the age of the room reflecting the era, the age of the person there also aged. For the later systems there might be more slightly more risque posters and a can of beer instead of a soft drink etc..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2017 at 11:31 AM, spektor56 said:

The last SNES picture you posted of the SNES ones is better one IMO.  It has more lighting effects with the darker background and the lighter desk.  The original theme has lots of ambience (atmosphere), with the pink glow from the neon lights reflecting off the TV etc (it feels alive).  I like the opacity of the strip in the very first NES picture though.  The NES one is nice with the lighting effects.

Yeah, the darker background sets off the foreground better. The background will be a fanart file and the opacity of it can be adjusted through the settings to a users liking. The TV and everything to the left of it on the Nintendo one is from the original Retro Arcade theme I'm basing it on so that's why that has that lighting effect that the original creator created. Makes sense in the dark arcade setting he's doing. Not so much in my "room" setting where you wouldn't normally have such a dark over head light kinda setting.

On 1/17/2017 at 10:52 PM, MatticusFinch1820 said:

Still my most anticipated theme!!!

 

 

On 1/18/2017 at 7:27 AM, salyangel said:

OMG!! this theme is amazing!!! 

 

On 1/18/2017 at 10:07 PM, phaeren12 said:

Really looking forward to this theme!

 

On 1/19/2017 at 3:46 PM, nnescorpionn said:

wow!!! i love it!!! release date?

Thanks folks. Release date? Not really sure...never really thought about that. This all started with me wondering how the Retro Arcade theme would look with a theme I had in mind, tried one out and asked if there was any interest. Since a few are actually interested I guess I should continue on, huh? lol. A little busy at the moment and waiting for my new computer parts to come in for a PC I'm building. Right now I'm using my living room table as a desk and working off a projection screen..so its not an optimal/comfortable work experience. Should have my PC done this week and then have a lot of work projects to work on. Will have to figure out how to work in this theme project. 

1 hour ago, 80sarcadeboy said:

Love this. It will be an amazing theme. I started dreaming that as well as the age of the room reflecting the era, the age of the person there also aged. For the later systems there might be more slightly more risque posters and a can of beer instead of a soft drink etc..

lol, i like that idea. Only thing is that doing movie posters keeps the theme consistent. But it would be easy to take a request and use different posters in the background if someone wanted that.

Edited by vice350z
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/1/2017 at 0:00 PM, vice350z said:

Thanks folks. Release date? Not really sure...never really thought about that. This all started with me wondering how the Retro Arcade theme would look with a theme I had in mind, tried one out and asked if there was any interest. Since a few are actually interested I guess I should continue on, huh? lol. A little busy at the moment and waiting for my new computer parts to come in for a PC I'm building. Right now I'm using my living room table as a desk and working off a projection screen..so its not an optimal/comfortable work experience. Should have my PC done this week and then have a lot of work projects to work on. Will have to figure out how to work in this theme project. 

lol, i like that idea. Only thing is that doing movie posters keeps the theme consistent. But it would be easy to take a request and use different posters in the background if someone wanted that.

 

I regret that you cant work comfortably. I hope you can finish this project, I really like your theme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I really love this theme it's a trip to 80 and 90's with a love of gaming!

I know You have a lot of work :)

 

I use the city hunter theme with viking video but when your project will be finish I will replace it immediately.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, salyangel said:

Yes I really love this theme it's a trip to 80 and 90's with a love of gaming!

I know You have a lot of work :)

 

I use the city hunter theme with viking video but when your project will be finish I will replace it immediately.

 

me too!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2017 at 8:21 PM, Dormat said:

Looks nice. I vote for removing the arcade; doesn't fit the theme in my mind.

you mean the arcade machine in the room? Yeah..i was just trying to fill space but not sure if I liked it in there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys! How are you?

@vice350z; I registered to tell you that this bedroom theme is what I was looking for for a long time! Simply beautiful!

Would you be doing any other console? (N64, PSX, SMS, SG).

I LOVE this theme! Thanks for sharing your vision.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kondorito said:

Hey guys! How are you?

@vice350z; I registered to tell you that this bedroom theme is what I was looking for for a long time! Simply beautiful!

Would you be doing any other console? (N64, PSX, SMS, SG).

I LOVE this theme! Thanks for sharing your vision.

Thanks..i will eventually be doing more systems...the mainstream ones anyway. Just busy with work stuff now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MatticusFinch1820 said:

Is there a release date for this? 

unfortunately no release date has been set. As mentioned earlier I kinda did this for fun just to see how it would come out but now that there's some interest I will finish it at some point. Just a little busy with work related stuff right now. I've never done a theme before so I'd have to make sure I have the files for whatever views right and all that jazz.

Glad to see people like the idea but apologize that it will take some time for me to fit in. Be patient :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MatticusFinch1820 said:

Right on! Cant wait to see the final version. I wish I could help but I have no idea how xml works. Maybe one of these days I will look into it. 

well that makes 2 of us that don't know XML lol. I've only needed to edit one of the XML files to get rid of text otherwise its all photoshop work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...