LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for MS-DOS Special Edition 1.0 Discussion

Jason Carr

Interesting stuff but any estimated time frame on features like bulk edit rom paths, user profiles and custom platforms.

I really think that those 3 things would add a lot of to Launchbox. Personally I don't need to bulk edit rom paths and user profiles but I really think those 2 are really wanted by many people. I do really want custom platforms and I know for a fact many people really want them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

Interesting stuff but any estimated time frame on features like bulk edit rom paths, user profiles and custom platforms.

I really think that those 3 things would add a lot of to Launchbox. Personally I don't need to bulk edit rom paths and user profiles but I really think those 2 are really wanted by many people. I do really want custom platforms and I know for a fact many people really want them.

Two weeks. ;)

1 hour ago, wkLeon said:

How cool. It reminds me back when I used to have the Access menu program to launch my games with: http://members.quicknet.nl/blankendaalr/

If there's a way you can get a VGA-based GUI on it, it would be awesome.

Exactly. I remember using a really old version of Access way back as well, but it had stupid limitations. I'm guessing I never used the later versions though.

It would be neat to figure out the VGA graphics stuff. That said, I'll probably never get that good at DOS development lol.

Hey all, I just put out version 1.1 already lol. I added a bunch of features (and one fix) this past weekend and things seem to be working well enough. Here's the change log:

- New "Move to Top" and "Move to Bottom" options are available under the Edit menu

- New "Insert Separator" option available under the Edit menu

- Each application can now have a separate set of commands for configuring the application

- New explicit "Run Selected" and "Configure Selected" options are available under the File menu

- New "Browse and Run" option is available under the File menu

- New "Lock" option is available under the File menu to help prevent accidental changes

- Changed the batch file process to better support DOSBox and older versions of MS-DOS

I updated the download link in the main post, and here it is again: http://bit.ly/LBXDOS11

Happy MS-DOS. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Hey all, I just put out version 1.1 already lol. I added a bunch of features (and one fix) this past weekend and things seem to be working well enough. Here's the change log:

- New "Move to Top" and "Move to Bottom" options are available under the Edit menu

- New "Insert Separator" option available under the Edit menu

- Each application can now have a separate set of commands for configuring the application

- New explicit "Run Selected" and "Configure Selected" options are available under the File menu

- New "Browse and Run" option is available under the File menu

- New "Lock" option is available under the File menu to help prevent accidental changes

- Changed the batch file process to better support DOSBox and older versions of MS-DOS

I updated the download link in the main post, and here it is again: http://bit.ly/LBXDOS11

Happy MS-DOS. :)

Good stuff right here. Thanks. :)

• Like 1