LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroFresh - Big Box Theme

faeran

On 2/6/2017 at 5:20 PM, oilertitanfan said:

Is there a way to use the simple theme but have scrolling meta data notes only in the game details screen?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Hi @oilertitanfan. Looks like the game details screen takes on the properties of the game list view. I made a custom version that will do what you want. Hopefully it works for you. Good luck.

RetroFresh 1.3 custom.zip

• Like 1

On 2/10/2017 at 9:41 AM, Porl Hendy said:

Great theme, would it be possible on system theme to have the system name (gameboy color, arcade, ect ect ) fade out so we can enjoy fullscreen video. A bi like hyperspin when wheel fades away after a second. Thanks

Thanks @Porl Hendy. It seems like this should be possible. If I ever get time to look into this, I'll add it to the theme.

• Like 2

First off, I love this theme, clean, just what I'm looking for.  I only have two problems that I'm quite sure are my own doing, perhaps someone could help with?

I'm using  Game Vertical Wheel View 2  - and I don't have the blurred backgrounds in any games - I'm sure it's a simple setting somewhere, but I can't find it.

Second - is there ANY way, in the game details, change it to show the number of players?

Thanks very much for this theme, and for any help!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, denmiclaw said:

First off, I love this theme, clean, just what I'm looking for.  I only have two problems that I'm quite sure are my own doing, perhaps someone could help with?

I'm using  Game Vertical Wheel View 2  - and I don't have the blurred backgrounds in any games - I'm sure it's a simple setting somewhere, but I can't find it.

Second - is there ANY way, in the game details, change it to show the number of players?

Thanks very much for this theme, and for any help!

Thanks @denmiclaw. I'm not entirely sure why your backgrounds are not blurred, they definitely should be. Which version of RetroFresh are you using? and are they blurred for other views?

I like the idea of including the number of players. I'm in the process of updating the theme a bit, so I might just throw that in there with the next release.

2 hours ago, faeran said:

Thanks @denmiclaw. I'm not entirely sure why your backgrounds are not blurred, they definitely should be. Which version of RetroFresh are you using? and are they blurred for other views?

I like the idea of including the number of players. I'm in the process of updating the theme a bit, so I might just throw that in there with the next release.

I'd appreciate it!  Mainly I wanted it for the Arcade games, since there's more than a few that have multiple versions - 2p vs 4p Gauntlet, etc

I used the download link from the 1st page.  Everything shows up, but the backgrounds are simply black. This is on the Main menu, and individual platform views - I get the text, video, wheel, and box art.  This occurs on every view, list, horizontal..

I do have screenshots for each game, they show up in regular Launchbox, I thought that was what Retrofresh used.  Like I said, I'm sure it's a setting I probably turned off, but I don't know what it is :)

Thanks for your help!   

And I just realized, I haven't checked any other themes to see if it's the same there, I will when I get home.

Edited by denmiclaw

1 minute ago, denmiclaw said:

I'd appreciate it!  Mainly I wanted it for the Arcade games, since there's more than a few that have multiple versions - 2p vs 4p Gauntlet, etc

I used the download link from the 1st page.  Everything shows up, but the backgrounds are simply black. This is on the Main menu, and individual platform views - I get the text, video, wheel, and box art.

I do have screenshots for each game, they show up in regular Launchbox, I thought that was what Retrofresh used.  Like I said, I'm sure it's a setting I probably turned off, but I don't know what it is :)

Thanks for your help!

Just spit balling before my class begins... I believe Launchbox tries to use fanart - background images as default for the backgrounds. There should be a setting somewhere to also include screenshots if you don't have any fanart images for a game. There should also be a setting to use clear logos in the background if you don't have either of those.

Off the top of my head, I can't remember where those options are located. It could be either a bigbox option, or a launchbox option that needs to be selected. I may have more time to look later, but at least that should give you some idea.

Hi Faeran,

First of all, awesome theme. I try just about every theme that pops up here, and although the competition is fierce with some absolutely stunning themes, I think yours is exactly what I'm looking for....thank you!

Something that I just noticed that I'm hoping you can fix. It seems that when a clear logo has its text completely in black, it disappears from your scroll wheel. You can see it when that particular logo is the active highlighted one, otherwise it disappears. This is most noticeable in Sega Master System games, where many of the logos are done completely in black text.

Any way to fix this? It's a pretty noticeable issue.

Hopefully this screenshot illustrates what I mean. Look at the scroll bar below.

Thanks,

GG

Desktop 02.25.2017 - 15.47.33.01.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GreenGriffon said:

Hi Faeran,

First of all, awesome theme. I try just about every theme that pops up here, and although the competition is fierce with some absolutely stunning themes, I think yours is exactly what I'm looking for....thank you!

Something that I just noticed that I'm hoping you can fix. It seems that when a clear logo has its text completely in black, it disappears from your scroll wheel. You can see it when that particular logo is the active highlighted one, otherwise it disappears. This is most noticeable in Sega Master System games, where many of the logos are done completely in black text.

Any way to fix this? It's a pretty noticeable issue.

Hopefully this screenshot illustrates what I mean. Look at the scroll bar below.

Thanks,

GG

Desktop 02.25.2017 - 15.47.33.01.png

Thanks @GreenGriffon.

I understand what you are talking about, it happens when you have the black logo in front of a dark background. I'll see what I can do about making the logo visible for the next update.

this has been my main theme for a few weeks now, really liking it.  i prefer the clean designs like this!

I'm not sure how hard it would be (or even if it is something you or anyone else would want) but one change that would make it easier to use for me would be:

1. during the searches, when bringing up the alphabet menu, rather than pressing up and down to cycle through letters it feels more natural to press left and right, then press up and down to get in and our of the menu.  just a thought.

keep up the good work mate!

4 hours ago, Phoenix415 said:

this has been my main theme for a few weeks now, really liking it.  i prefer the clean designs like this!

I'm not sure how hard it would be (or even if it is something you or anyone else would want) but one change that would make it easier to use for me would be:

1. during the searches, when bringing up the alphabet menu, rather than pressing up and down to cycle through letters it feels more natural to press left and right, then press up and down to get in and our of the menu.  just a thought.

keep up the good work mate!

Thanks @Phoenix415

I see what you mean. In order to accomplish this, I'll have to figure out some code. But I have some time, so I'll add it to the list for the next update.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...