LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroFresh - Big Box Theme

faeran

4 hours ago, Porl Hendy said:

Still lovin this theme. Is there a way i can make the wheel fade out a bit more, if not completely fade out? thanks

Hey @Porl Hendy. There should be a way for you to get a completely faded out wheel.

Just go into the Views folder in the theme, and open up the xaml file that you want to change. For example: PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml

In the code you will see a WHEEL FADE STORYBOARD section, and you just need to replace the numbers "0.05" to "0.00". Save the file and you will be good to go. You just need to do this for any view that you want completely faded away. Let me know if you have any issues.

1.PNG.b7a1ffe957b8d1bc27dc1a36737ff4f4.PNG

• Like 1

Love this theme but I have 2 questions

1. Is it possible to move the logo and video to the center and have the box cover on the right side? I think that would balance it out more

2. Is it possible to remove the blur and use platform backgrounds just like the default big box themes? In my current setup i have each platform set to use a specific background with the exception of windows where i use specific backgrounds for each game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Styphelus said:

1. Is it possible to move the logo and video to the center and have the box cover on the right side? I think that would balance it out more

2. Is it possible to remove the blur and use platform backgrounds just like the default big box themes? In my current setup i have each platform set to use a specific background with the exception of windows where i use specific backgrounds for each game.

Blur is pretty easy to remove. Search the view you use with notepad++ for blur and change the value of its current percentage to "0"

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Styphelus said:

Thanks @Styphelus

@keltoigael is right. Blur would just be a simple number that needs to be reduced to 0. Inside of the Background with Blur section of the code, you'll see a BlurEffect Radius="80". That radius number would just need to be brought down to 0, and the blur would be gone.

1.PNG.b017985e0e468898928aa1b093214592.PNG

To swap the logo/video with the box cover, it would be a matter of swapping grid location, and changing the sizes of the grids. Here, I took my main theme and made the changes for you so you can see what it looks like. Just place the folder in your themes folder and check it out. Let me know if you have any issues:

RetroFresh - Styphelus.zip

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, faeran said:

Thanks @Styphelus

@keltoigael is right. Blur would just be a simple number that needs to be reduced to 0. Inside of the Background with Blur section of the code, you'll see a BlurEffect Radius="80". That radius number would just need to be brought down to 0, and the blur would be gone.

1.PNG.b017985e0e468898928aa1b093214592.PNG

To swap the logo/video with the box cover, it would be a matter of swapping grid location, and changing the sizes of the grids. Here, I took my main theme and made the changes for you so you can see what it looks like. Just place the folder in your themes folder and check it out. Let me know if you have any issues:

RetroFresh - Styphelus.zip

Thanks a lot. Really appreciate it. Will try it out as soon as I get home tonight.

• 1 month later...

Awesome theme, thank you!  How did you get the color schemes on each of the platforms to do a color fade?  All the platforms I select just have a black background.  I tried changing the colors in regular launchbox but don't see a color fade and it didn't affect the theme in big box either.  Thanks a lot!!!  :)

• 9 months later...

Faeran, I still use this theme, still love it, and wanted to ask if it was possible to change/add something?

I have Platform Categories set up, Computer, Console, Handhelds, etc.. the only thing missing is that the Notes I put into Launchbox aren't transferring to the Notes/Detailed box under the theme video.

5aa54e7c672f1_Pic1.thumb.png.27ade1a819cc8193f273a05622bcd744.png

Like it shows under the individual Platforms.

5aa54e9c59c30_Pic2.thumb.png.d49100af15e2a6ff1311074358028f6a.png

Can this be fixed?

Thanks very much!

1 hour ago, denmiclaw said:

Faeran, I still use this theme, still love it, and wanted to ask if it was possible to change/add something?

I have Platform Categories set up, Computer, Console, Handhelds, etc.. the only thing missing is that the Notes I put into Launchbox aren't transferring to the Notes/Detailed box under the theme video.

5aa54e7c672f1_Pic1.thumb.png.27ade1a819cc8193f273a05622bcd744.png

Like it shows under the individual Platforms.

5aa54e9c59c30_Pic2.thumb.png.d49100af15e2a6ff1311074358028f6a.png

Can this be fixed?

Thanks very much!

Hi @denmiclaw. How are you adding the notes to the categories? Looks like RetroFresh is working with mine:

RetroFresh-1.thumb.png.0224cc3db3cf79211fc3bd7481718bfb.pngIn LaunchBox, I select Platform Category in the dropdown, right click one of them and choose Edit.

image.png.c30f911c7b90275843e77020280c1738.pngIt seems to be displaying whatever is in the Notes tab.

image.thumb.png.cbbad631c110dfbc50c1123d81c2086a.png

Same process I used, but mine aren't showing..  must be something I didn't setup correctly somewhere.  Thanks :) at least I know it's working for someone heh.

This is what's showing in the Platforms.xml

<PlatformCategory>
    <Name>Handhelds</Name>
    <Notes>In 1976, Mattel introduced the first handheld electronic game with the release of Auto Race. Later, several companies - including Coleco and Milton Bradley - made their own single-game, lightweight table-top or handheld electronic game devices. The oldest true handheld game console with interchangeable cartridges is the Milton Bradley Microvision in 1979.

Nintendo is credited with popularizing the handheld console concept with the release of the Game Boy in 1989 and as of 2014 continues to dominate the handheld console market with their 3DS systems.</Notes>
    <VideoPath />
    <LastPlatform>Atari Lynx</LastPlatform>
  </PlatformCategory>

Edited by denmiclaw

7 minutes ago, faeran said:

What is the resolution of your display?

It is 2560x1080 at 21:9 ratio.

I switched my monitor into 16:9 to see if that makes a difference but the video still doesn’t fill that border. My understanding of ratios and resolutions is very limited so this type of thing bamboozles my mind. 

2 minutes ago, sw1fty808 said:

It is 2560x1080 at 21:9 ratio.

I switched my monitor into 16:9 to see if that makes a difference but the video still doesn’t fill that border. My understanding of ratios and resolutions is very limited so this type of thing bamboozles my mind. 

I can put together a version that will stretch the video no matter the size, and you can see if you like it better.

1 minute ago, faeran said:

I can put together a version that will stretch the video no matter the size, and you can see if you like it better.

I would love that. Thank you. 

I wonder if another option could be to shrink the video and text border widths to match that of the video. Then widen the wheel to close the gap.

Made some changes to RetroFresh and RetroFresh detailed, which bumped both of them to version 1.5

• Platform View 1 and 2
    • the banner now fades away after 3 seconds
    • Peak view has been implemented. The wheel now moves out of the way after 4 seconds.
  • Platform View 3
    • The video now stretches to fit different aspect ratios
    • Had to change the code for displaying background images for the video to stretch
      • created a fade-in animation for the background image
  • Fix
    • Fixed the issue where Platform notes were not displaying properly
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, sw1fty808 said:

This is awesome. Thank you so much!

Any chance of getting the same stretched videos in the game view? Even if you just put the bit of code for that here, I would be happy to paste that in myself.

Thanks again.

I thought about it, however, in order to implement it, I would have to change the way the background images work, and I haven't really found a suitable solution.