LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroFresh

faeran

8 minutes ago, faeran said:

Hey @BlueArrowUK,

You are right. The issue here is that I set the grid background to fit the size of a 16:9 aspect ratio video, so any other videos that are not in that widescreen format will not fit to the edges. I played around with trying to stretch 4:3 videos to fit without any luck. 

No problem at all my friend, now I know I will use a temporary platform video until I get the right one ;)

Thanks for the reply :)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Faeran great work! Am loving RetroFresh as its one of the cleanest and lightweight themes around.

One (slight) hiccup is that am having some trouble with manually updated clear logos in the games view. (using manage platform)..

Within the platforms view all looks great (Pic1),  -  Neo-geo, CPS2 and Cave have been manually updated in launchbox -

58b5f858ac751_Screenshot2017-02-2822_21_55.thumb.png.c4ecacbb03b656b3e575390d6e8b0ce8.png----

Auto populated clear logos work fine (pic 2),

58b5f9316e3a7_Screenshot2017-02-2822_22_30.thumb.png.e7a932f2c551cf6c9aa3224992370825.png----

But are missing when updated. is is CPS2  (displayed as arcade before)

58b5f864d9f8d_Screenshot2017-02-2822_21_40.thumb.png.747ec9bffd9426c9bbf811c720960cb0.png

----

Cave is an experiment with the new custom playlists. And displaying as arcade for some reason. Any ideas on a fix?

Screenshot 2017-02-28 22.22.04.png

Edited by Mrtots

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason, I cannot get the platform clear logo to appear in the top right box in the Horizontal Wheel 1 game view. It's just blank. This is in the detailed version.

It's probably my error, but what setting do I need on for that to work? Or am I just lacking a certain pack of images? 

Thanks!~

Edited by Panthon13

On 2/28/2017 at 5:50 PM, Mrtots said:

Hey Faeran great work! Am loving RetroFresh as its one of the cleanest and lightweight themes around.

One (slight) hiccup is that am having some trouble with manually updated clear logos in the games view. (using manage platform)..

Within the platforms view all looks great (Pic1),  -  Neo-geo, CPS2 and Cave have been manually updated in launchbox -

58b5f858ac751_Screenshot2017-02-2822_21_55.thumb.png.c4ecacbb03b656b3e575390d6e8b0ce8.png----

Auto populated clear logos work fine (pic 2),

58b5f9316e3a7_Screenshot2017-02-2822_22_30.thumb.png.e7a932f2c551cf6c9aa3224992370825.png----

But are missing when updated. is is CPS2  (displayed as arcade before)

58b5f864d9f8d_Screenshot2017-02-2822_21_40.thumb.png.747ec9bffd9426c9bbf811c720960cb0.png

----

Cave is an experiment with the new custom playlists. And displaying as arcade for some reason. Any ideas on a fix?

Screenshot 2017-02-28 22.22.04.png

Hey @Mrtots. Sorry, been MIA. I haven't played around with playlists yet, but what the code does is pick the platform for the active game, and looks in images/platforms/clear logo/ folder for a png file with the platform name. I'll have to see how exactly playlists will work to figure out exactly what I can do about them displaying the correct logo. 

3 hours ago, Panthon13 said:

For some reason, I cannot get the platform clear logo to appear in the top right box in the Horizontal Wheel 1 game view. It's just blank. This is in the detailed version.

It's probably my error, but what setting do I need on for that to work? Or am I just lacking a certain pack of images? 

Thanks!~

Hey @Panthon13. platform logos are being pulled from

[launchbox folder]/Images/Platforms/[platformname]/Clear Logo/

check each of your platforms to make sure you have a clear logo in there. The clear logo should have the complete name of the platform, and be a png image (ie. Nintendo Entertainment System.png)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, faeran said:

Hey @Panthon13. platform logos are being pulled from

[launchbox folder]/Images/Platforms/[platformname]/Clear Logo/

check each of your platforms to make sure you have a clear logo in there. The clear logo should have the complete name of the platform, and be a png image (ie. Nintendo Entertainment System.png)

Yup... Most of them were JPEGs. Weird. I think it was the default images as well. I wonder why they didn't go with PNGs to begin with. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

Great theme. It ALMOST does everything I am looking for. Two small things I cannot figure out how to do, even after going through what I feel were all the settings and combinations of settings. Both are related to the images I am posting below. My questions are as follows:

1) Is there a way to get the system or game clear logo in that upper right hand corner as opposed to the text details being show. Would prefer the game logo but since that is also used on the left scroll well, it is probably better to be a platform logo.

2). When I scroll through the games, the background image changes, causing lag (naturally). Is there either a way to disable this background image or, better yet, make it so it is a single static image for every game? Perhaps a background image of the platform.

Unrelated to this issue, I had one more question. On the platform screen as shown below, when I have "Arcade" selected, it shows the notes below it. However, if I select any of the others platforms (Console, Handheld, Playlist), the text I have entered through the Launchbox front end does not display at all. Is this a known issue or am I missing a setting? Also, is there a way to give the platform view in image 2 a static background image as well?

All help is appreciated, thank you in advance!

1.png

2.png

Edited by Ripklawe
Cleared up some wording issues/

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, mmartinssantos said:

Is there any way to add a default video to the background instead of a platform?

I was hoping that this would be possible too as I've seen in a few other themes, but I've tried it and it doesn't seem to have this option. Would be nice though :) 

11 hours ago, mmartinssantos said:

Is there any way to add a default video to the background instead of a platform?

I did not realize this was an option. How does this work?

Also, may be easier to implement if I can look at a theme that can already do this.

8 hours ago, faeran said:

I did not realize this was an option. How does this work?

Also, may be easier to implement if I can look at a theme that can already do this.

You can also see this option being used in the theme RetrAO Cafe with a rather cheesy yet effective background video :)

On 3/29/2018 at 9:06 PM, bundangdon said:

You can also see this option being used in the theme RetrAO Cafe with a rather cheesy yet effective background video :)

So if my understanding is correct. This would allow a background video being played. Something like this?

• 1 month later...

I'm using Retro Fresh Detailed and the platform sections are looking very bland. It basically shows a video fullscreen and nothing else.

I've fooled with a bunch of settings and can't figure it out.

Once I select a platform and start viewing games, everything is looking as it should. 

Help please!

1.thumb.jpg.a25666927af54e763b917c8544b4240b.jpg