LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroFresh

faeran

11 hours ago, johnugamer said:

Yes, similar to how Unified works where the playlists can have a different background for the game selection screen that it pulls from /images/background. I don't have any game specific backgrounds as of right now so right now the game selection view inside playlists show the fanart for the parent platform.

This wouldn't be too hard, when I have some time, I could PM you a way to do this.

2 hours ago, bundangdon said:

@faeran just wondering if you'll ever implement platform background videos in this theme? I have about 10-15 themes installed within launchbox, but this is the one I use the absolute most? It would be great to use Viking's platform videos in the background 

Sure, I can do this. Which view are you wanting the background platform videos implemented in?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/21/2018 at 10:15 PM, bundangdon said:

Sure, if that's possible? But if it's in any way overly complicated don't worry about it and I'm already happy with the way the theme is now

Ok, I figured this out for you, but it required a plugin for it to work. Here's how you can install it:

Download this plugin, developed by Eatkinola.

Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_8.dll

Make sure to unblock the pulgin, you can find instructions for that here:

Place the file in the RetroFresh plugins folder:

LaunchBox\Themes\RetroFresh\Plugins

Now, Download the TextGamesView.xaml file, and place it in the following folder (be sure to overwrite):

LaunchBox\Themes\RetroFresh\Views

TextGamesView.xaml

• Like 1

21 hours ago, faeran said:

Ok, I figured this out for you, but it required a plugin for it to work. Here's how you can install it:

Download this plugin, developed by Eatkinola.

Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_8.dll

Make sure to unblock the pulgin, you can find instructions for that here:

Place the file in the RetroFresh plugins folder:

LaunchBox\Themes\RetroFresh\Plugins

Now, Download the TextGamesView.xaml file, and place it in the following folder (be sure to overwrite):

LaunchBox\Themes\RetroFresh\Views

TextGamesView.xaml

Thank you very much! It's working great! This makes for a very nice (alternative) way to view the games list. Much appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

What are your thoughts on a revision that either removes the cells (boxes) that contain the images and text.  Or maybe round the edges of the cells to give it a more modern look?  I love this theme, but the cells seem a bit too harsh, if that makes sense.

On 3/10/2019 at 12:49 AM, KCJ101 said:

What are your thoughts on a revision that either removes the cells (boxes) that contain the images and text.  Or maybe round the edges of the cells to give it a more modern look?  I love this theme, but the cells seem a bit too harsh, if that makes sense.

Definitely plausible. I will be looking at getting this theme to officially support the changes made during the 9.4 update. I may look into a slight design change when I do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, faeran said:

Definitely plausible. I will be looking at getting this theme to officially support the changes made during the 9.4 update. I may look into a slight design change when I do.

Awesome!  I really love the theme, thanks!  My main request would be to either remove the cells or make them look a bit more modern for a cleaner look.  

• 1 month later...

I absolutely LOVE this theme for my arcade-only 4:3 CRT cab. One question though, as I'm a bit of a noob on this stuff. I love the view with the logos in the vertical wheel on the left and the big video playing of the game in the main area. Is there a way for me to customize this so that underneath, I can list Game Details? Specifically, I like to see the play count and last played as an example. Maybe there is a way to set this in options but if so I couldn't find it. Thank you again for creating such an awesome theme!!

1 hour ago, kriscraigs said:

I absolutely LOVE this theme for my arcade-only 4:3 CRT cab. One question though, as I'm a bit of a noob on this stuff. I love the view with the logos in the vertical wheel on the left and the big video playing of the game in the main area. Is there a way for me to customize this so that underneath, I can list Game Details? Specifically, I like to see the play count and last played as an example. Maybe there is a way to set this in options but if so I couldn't find it. Thank you again for creating such an awesome theme!!

Hi @kriscraigs. The only way to do something like that would be to edit the XAML and add that code to the view.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi. 

Really like the theme (detailed version) but I don't see any platform videos and Neo Geo, Sony Playstation and NEC TurboGrfx -16 logos are missing (I just get plain white text when scrolling through platforms).  Platform videos don't display in other themes either.  Do I need to download them separately as there is nothing in the LB-Themes--Videos-Platform folder?  The platforms with the missing logos are names as above. 

Can anyone help? Thanks

Edited by mcbbox

Just now, mcbbox said:

Hi. 

Really like the theme (detailed version) but I don't see any platform videos and Neo Geo, Sony Playstation and NEC TurboGrfx -16 logos are missing (I just get plain white text when scrolling through platforms).  Platform videos don't display in other themes either.  Do I need to download them separately as there is nothing in the LB-Themes--Videos-Platform folder?  The platforms with the missing logos are names as above. 

Can anyone help? Thanks

Themes do not come with videos, and rarely logos (although some do) so yeah you will need to supply your own.

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Themes do not come with videos, and rarely logos (although some do) so yeah you will need to supply your own.

Thanks for the heads up.  Is there a good source of platform videos you can point me in the direction of please? As most logos are working I assume I must have them stored locally somewhere and maybe there is a naming issue....