LaunchBox Community Forums

Bigbox Intro

dmjohn0x

So I commissioned an intro for my Bigbox Setup that went with the 80s theme and aesthetic.

Intros have been integrated as of 7.5. You can download THIS intro under downloads then "Launchbox/Bigbox Official Media " and "Bigbox 1080p Retro Intro"
or by clicking this link 

To get this working. Simply download the intro, rename it to startup.mp4 the drop it into your ...\Launchbox\Videos\ folder.
Then, in bigbox, navigate to options>General and set a  startup delay/turn off bigbox logo on start.

Or you can watch this tutorial for more insight: 

Edited by dmjohn0x
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well, I feel like an idiot, because I just realized half my issue is that VLC isnt even being called and instead my mp4 is opening in whatever windows10 has listed as default for the mp4 player.

VLC is installed however. Do the windows 10 default file associations override even a bat file with specific order of events?

Last try:

start "C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" --fullscreen "F:\LaunchBox\Intros\BigBox_Retro1080.mp4"

If that doesn't work, I give up for now. The command prompt is shown because it's a batch file, so that'll be there no matter what you do (which is why native would be better).

5 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Gotta admit though, you've inspired me to do some late night coding. We might see a beta with it supported natively pretty quick here. ;)

If you do get native support in. I'd love the ability to play your bigbox sound effect over the video at a given time. would save me from having to edit the video. Initializing bigbox SE sounds great with this intro btw. reminds me of some classic terminator ish.

5 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Last try:

start "C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" --fullscreen "F:\LaunchBox\Intros\BigBox_Retro1080.mp4"

If that doesn't work, I give up for now. The command prompt is shown because it's a batch file, so that'll be there no matter what you do (which is why native would be better).

Not working. It's looking for --fullscreen as a file. removing it launches the video again but puts us back at square one. I can just wait on the new beta. Im not that impatient.

Yeah. I had a 15 second delay as bigbox tends to open for me in 3-4 secs.

Though an adjustable setting would probably be best so that people can drag and drop intros, also some beefier builds may take more or less time to boot.

Edited by dmjohn0x