LaunchBox Community Forums

CPWizBiz - Game Controls Display

• 1 month later...

Updates:

Added game manual browse from Games tab
Added change game controls from CPWizBiz

Added Snap + Save current CPWizard display. 
> Assists with documenting specific layouts (E.g. Default Emu/System button layouts)

Added UPdate CPWizard Function
> Downloads CPWizard and compares against local version. If newer, copies relevant files to local installation. 

BugFix: Fixes Update Rig bug where this mucked up database.

Added facility to edit Emulator Function Labels directly in the admin interface
Added ability to change the default image viewer for CPWizard grab to one of user's choosing. 

Added copy emulator functions from another system (for multi-system emulators such as RetroArch)
Re-wrote Marquee and CPWizard dynamic image routine. Now includes any 'de-tagged' images in image results in absence of direct match (e.g. "Tekken 3 (USA)" used where game = "Tekken 3")
Landing page for Maquee edit changed to Images
Improved update routine, now keeps update stats via ftp. 

@stigzler

I am interested in this project, not sure if anyone got back to you but I saved your spreadsheet and added in the launch box platform names, there could be a few systems that I was not sure about but I did put a few notes on the sheet.

I have not played with the program yet but is it able to show an xbox controller or the like?

another cool feature would be if it could pull the controller information straight from mame and retroacrh! :)

FESystemsMap.xlsx

Nice one fella. Send me your gmail and I'll give you editing rights to the sheet. So lunchbox has standardised names?

Yes, you can setup any controller you like. It basically just maps buttons and controls to functions. If you dig around in the YouTube vids, I thinks there's one showing an example of how to set up an Xbox controller.

Mame doesn't need cpwizbiz, as cpwizard works with it out the box. You mention retroarch... Does this have a games controls database or something? Or is it just controllers? If so, any idea where these are kept?

Thanks for the contribution. If you're interested in helping out further, let me know and I'll add you to the project members....

Edited by stigzler

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

new to mame here.  Will this app help me with my issue?

I'm using mame0.816ui. My Xbox 360 controller wireless keeps losing the config in Mame.  I thought it was happening when I launched mame without my controller turned on but tried it again today and lost the config again even though the controller was on.  I changed the config file to be read only, not sure what else to do.  any suggestions.  I have mame and roms in the root of c drive.

4 hours ago, stigzler said:

Errr, cpwizbiz wont help with this, but luckily for you, I also wrote an app that may help with this. You might be having the well known device id issue. Check the below.. forgive the broken image links... blame dropbox

https://controllerremapgui.codeplex.com

this sounds awesome, im a total newb, i may need a bit of help to set this up.  Ill watch your vidoes now.

Nope. Sorry, If you're a total newb to the hobby, then you may as well start as you mean to go on. Step 1: Do your research. You need to make sure it is the device ID issue first. Lookup "ControllerRemap" on BYOAC (google) to read more about it.

good luck