LaunchBox Community Forums

Fundamental Theme

Grila

Cannot wait for the DPI scaling issue to be address. I have gone through all the themes and this is the one that I like the most, without question. The font cut off though......

Here's hoping there is an update soon. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Sorry guys, I got super busy at work. It's going to be at least a week or two before I can get back to LB/BB stuff but I do promise to work on this theme first when the time comes. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Grila, sorry i know you have been busy lately but i have a quick question if you don't mind? I have imported my Movies and TV Shows into bigbox and am using fundemental, but on my TV Shows i don't have trailers so i just have a big open space in the middle of the screen (see pic) I was wondering if it was possible to edit the xaml to fall back to Fan art Background if no trailer is available. Is this even possible? If so some tips would be very welcome. :) 

Thanks again for this excellent theme.

Edit: Sorry never mind, i found a workaround by copying the background images to a different image folder and that works fine. Sorry to bother you, carry on. :) 
Screenshot (175).png

Edited by neil9000

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update for you folks. My work project is running a bit over schedule (and budget), but should be wrapping up in a relatively short period. Then I can get back to my usual theme contribution level. I appreciate all of your patience.

And as a side note, first I'll focus on fixing the issues with the current Fundamental theme. Then I'll be working on a new one, Fundamental Redux, which will incorporate many of the requests you have all made along with the new features available through the plugin system and recent development.

• Like 14

4 hours ago, Grila said:

A quick update for you folks. My work project is running a bit over schedule (and budget), but should be wrapping up in a relatively short period. Then I can get back to my usual theme contribution level. I appreciate all of your patience.

And as a side note, first I'll focus on fixing the issues with the current Fundamental theme. Then I'll be working on a new one, Fundamental Redux, which will incorporate many of the requests you have all made along with the new features available through the plugin system and recent development.

YOUR THE BEST EVAR!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I starting fixing the DPI scaling issues today so they should be completed in a day or so. I'm also making a few other minor changes to solve some of the more prominent issues:

• I embedded the font so there will no need to make sure the correct one is installed on your system
  • I removed the rounded corners from the videos. This negates the need to use WMP for video playback and VLC is now preferred, but we lose the pretty rounded corners on the videos in the process.

I'll post when the update is available in the "Downloads" section. Thanks for the patience guys and gals.

• Like 8

Fundamental Changelog:

v1.2.0 (08/01/2017):
- Fixed DPI scaling issues (tested from 100% up to 175%)
- Removed corner radius mask from all videos to negate the need to use WMP
- Added transition selectors back to everything that doesn't use the corner radius mask
- Embedded the font file so users no longer need to install it on their machine
- Added two more hq vertical platform banners (tg16 and master system)

• Like 2

Awesome, thanks for the update @Grila work's perfectly as expected. :) Just one little note though you might wan't to add to the download description. I had to unblock the font .dll you included in the plugin folder, not a issue but i didn't know it was there when i installed and switched to the theme, so bigbox through a error saying the .dll was blocked. Just thought i'd mention it.

Thank's again for the theme and the update. :) 

7 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Awesome, thanks for the update @Grila work's perfectly as expected. :) Just one little note though you might wan't to add to the download description. I had to unblock the font .dll you included in the plugin folder, not a issue but i didn't know it was there when i installed and switched to the theme, so bigbox through a error saying the .dll was blocked. Just thought i'd mention it.

Thank's again for the theme and the update. :) 

Ahh yes...good old Windows blocking dll's. I'll add that to the description. Thanks @neil9000 :)

• Like 1

Awesome Theme Grilla i have never really used it because of the scaling issues.  Looks perfect now but i am having one issue i have placed the silver ring logos in the themes folder and refreshed but it don't seem to pick them up. 

6 minutes ago, ALIE said:

Awesome Theme Grilla i have never really used it because of the scaling issues.  Looks perfect now but i am having one issue i have placed the silver ring logos in the themes folder and refreshed but it don't seem to pick them up. 

I just tried it on my machine too. I had to use "Refresh All Images" to get them to show up (instead of "Refresh Platform Wheel Images"). It may be a bug in the latest beta if that's the version you're on. Nothing in the theme has any control over that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grila said:

I just tried it on my machine too. I had to use "Refresh All Images" to get them to show up (instead of "Refresh Platform Wheel Images"). It may be a bug in the latest beta if that's the version you're on. Nothing in the theme has any control over that.

Yah your are right.

• Like 1