LaunchBox Community Forums

Fundamental Theme

Grila

10 hours ago, zetec-s-joe said:

Hey Grila, I know your a very busy man! But, if there is any chance on your next update you could add a view like I have mocked up here it would be perfect. With my Media OCD I would only have to download Clear Logo/Video/Game Maker Meta Deta, leaving it super clean

Capture.JPG

For sure! I'll start on it Monday when I'm back in my office. I believe I already have a platform view like that but can't remember off hand. If I do, it will only take me a few minutes to port it to a game view.

• Like 1

@neil9000 The RetroPie theme update is committed to GitHub now.  I haven't added all the systems yet as I was focusing on the ones I personally use, but they will be created in due time. You should just be able to update through the RetroPie Themes menu, but if not here's the GitHub link. https://github.com/G-rila/es-theme-fundamental

@zetec-s-joe Almost done with your new game view, it'll be uploaded shortly.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Grila said:

@neil9000 The RetroPie theme update is committed to GitHub now.  I haven't added all the systems yet as I was focusing on the ones I personally use, but they will be created in due time. You should just be able to update through the RetroPie Themes menu, but if not here's the GitHub link. https://github.com/G-rila/es-theme-fundamental

@zetec-s-joe Almost done with your new game view, it'll be uploaded shortly.

Awesome news, thanks for the update @Grila ill check that out here in a few minutes. :) 

6 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Awesome news, thanks for the update @Grila ill check that out here in a few minutes. :) 

Oh, forgot to mention that the RetroPie menu may be a little FUBAR at the moment since I don't have my Pi with me to fully test and tweak the layout. All other systems should be good to go though since I can test those on Windows.

38 minutes ago, Grila said:

Oh, forgot to mention that the RetroPie menu may be a little FUBAR at the moment since I don't have my Pi with me to fully test and tweak the layout. All other systems should be good to go though since I can test those on Windows.

Retropie menu looks just fine @Grila :). One little issue though, for the platforms you haven't added yet there is just a totally black background, so i can't even see what platform i have selected, see shot's. Any chance you can make them blue like the rest so i can at least read the platform i'm on, currently it's black text on black background. :) Thank's again. 

IMAG0033.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

Retropie menu looks just fine @Grila :). One little issue though, for the platforms you haven't added yet there is just a totally black background, so i can't even see what platform i have selected, see shot's. Any chance you can make them blue like the rest so i can at least read the platform i'm on, currently it's black text on black background. :) Thank's again. 

IMAG0033.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

Yeah, that's what happens with ES when a specific system theme isn't created. If you let me know which ones you need I can do those first. Looks like Ports is one of them, let me know the rest and I'll get banging on them.

Ah i see, sorry i just thought you meant there wouldn't be a clear logo and a description for certain platforms, gotcha. :) I'll have a look at what platforms they are and get back to you, there is nothing fancy though just the usual 8 and 16bit stuff plus mame, N64, ps1 and spectrum.

18 hours ago, zetec-s-joe said:

Any progress Grila? Eager xD

EDIT: Also, sorry to be a pain, but in the new view, would you be able to remove the publisher info life? The year is fine as matches the platform style view, just for OCD purposes :o

First, replace the settings XML with this one:

ThemeSettings.xml

Second, copy the Wheel3GamesView.xaml to the views directory overwriting the existing one.

Wheel3GamesView.xaml

Then, go into options and turn on game bg videos.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Grila said:

First, replace the settings XML with this one:

ThemeSettings.xml

Second, copy the Wheel3GamesView.xaml to the views directory overwriting the existing one.

Wheel3GamesView.xaml

Then, go into options and turn on game bg videos.

Thank you so much, this is perfect! Looking foward to your future updates and other work, but this for now will keep me very happy

Hey Grila, the theme has been great, love it xD

Any chance you could remove the Year info line and recentre the video so it all lines up straight? same for Platform screen aswel if possible? I am probably annoying you now, but my game collection looks so good now, I am going to post a video soon, can use it as a demo for your theme once its up if you like

@Grila This is a fantastic theme and my go-to theme on bigbox! I was wondering if there was a way that you could include the boxart and videos together on the standard games text-list? This is only available at the moment with the wheels view. I put together a photoshop concept below to illustrate exactly what I mean. Also, I tried to play around with the code but I still haven't been able to figure out XAML xD

fundamental-concept.thumb.jpg.25930cce7fd6d81394c1d07f343c59f1.jpg

9 hours ago, bundangdon said:

@Grila This is a fantastic theme and my go-to theme on bigbox! I was wondering if there was a way that you could include the boxart and videos together on the standard games text-list? This is only available at the moment with the wheels view. I put together a photoshop concept below to illustrate exactly what I mean. Also, I tried to play around with the code but I still haven't been able to figure out XAML xD

fundamental-concept.thumb.jpg.25930cce7fd6d81394c1d07f343c59f1.jpg

2nded