LaunchBox Community Forums

Kodi addon for LaunchBox

1 hour ago, Keith Krummel said:

It keeps asking me where the.exe file

You don't need to select the EXE thru the addon. Just point it to the Launchbox install directory. 

Also, where is your LB install directory? I always had difficulty when LB was on a network location. 

16 minutes ago, Keith Krummel said:

I just wrote it above: Documents, Games, Kodi.

I have just downloaded this to test and it worked just fine. When i initially opened the add-on it said it cant find Launchbox in C:\\Launchbox\Bigbox.exe which is correct as its on D:\\ so i went into settings and pointed it to my Launchbox folder, ran the add-on and Bigbox loaded right up.

Here are the images of what i did.

457833830_Screenshot(168).thumb.png.a11cbb3b40c4a5b547c08faf055669f0.png897281605_Screenshot(169).thumb.png.5dc67b35464c54f61e4062a9fa9215dc.png1437556237_Screenshot(170).thumb.png.d6e0b81b5bc9244ab20e52b60b09bd83.png414614695_Screenshot(171).thumb.png.d199c78ebd7c4989f8bd0cc43634c6ad.png21038815_Screenshot(172).thumb.png.b632d12cedbb8fcd111fa79cd0b8aa4a.png1985174817_Screenshot(173).thumb.png.626aef45b359a494c2de40f64416a1c1.png1959489996_Screenshot(174).thumb.png.10e1fc42d27945a79df2b710a1acc83b.png2142631335_Screenshot(175).thumb.png.d97039a6f00af295b5121c1ef86e6a95.png693231946_Screenshot(176).thumb.png.f01393ddc9003c7870f33ead3ae754d5.png193862706_Screenshot(177).thumb.png.a2b25b6dd4ea6f556110959a16a984a3.png

2 minutes ago, Keith Krummel said:

I don't have a Launchbox folder in D. How do I do that, and is that the trick?

That is where my Launchbox folder is, you just point the plugin to where your Launchbox folder is. If you just did a default install of Launchbox without changing the path it will be in C:\Users\your username\Launchbox

There is not a .exe in the zip I keep downloading to use in Kodi.  Where exactly are you getting the download?  That's the first download on the page.

Kodi addon for LaunchBox version 1.5 released!

BIG CHANGES in 1.5.0:
- THIS KODI ADDON NO LONGER INCLUDES A COMPILED AUTOHOTKEY SCRIPT (LaunchBoxLauncher-AHK.exe). Why you ask, since this Kodi addon requires Launchbox to be useful and LaunchBox itself is required to include the AutoHotkey.exe separately to comply with the GPL license. There is no need for a compiled script. Instead, once you set your LaunchBox directory ( eg. C:\Users\<username>\LaunchBox\) in the addon settings, it will use LaunchBox's included AutoHotkey.exe to run the needed ahk helper script. This also allow better compliance with Kodi submission rules in the future for their repository, which is something that will be considered once LaunchBox run on other operating systems.

Bugfixes in 1.5.0:
- fixed idle shutdown timer issue shutting down users using the minimize option with the idle shutdown timer in kodi set in power savings system settings.

1 minute ago, Keith Krummel said:

There is not a .exe in the zip I keep downloading to use in Kodi.  Where exactly are you getting the download?  That's the first download on the page.

Kodi addon for LaunchBox version 1.5 released!

BIG CHANGES in 1.5.0:
- THIS KODI ADDON NO LONGER INCLUDES A COMPILED AUTOHOTKEY SCRIPT (LaunchBoxLauncher-AHK.exe). Why you ask, since this Kodi addon requires Launchbox to be useful and LaunchBox itself is required to include the AutoHotkey.exe separately to comply with the GPL license. There is no need for a compiled script. Instead, once you set your LaunchBox directory ( eg. C:\Users\<username>\LaunchBox\) in the addon settings, it will use LaunchBox's included AutoHotkey.exe to run the needed ahk helper script. This also allow better compliance with Kodi submission rules in the future for their repository, which is something that will be considered once LaunchBox run on other operating systems.

Bugfixes in 1.5.0:
- fixed idle shutdown timer issue shutting down users using the minimize option with the idle shutdown timer in kodi set in power savings system settings.

There wont be a .exe in that add-on you are downloading, its a zip file as that is what you need for KODI, the add-on is for KODI, you point it at your Launchbox installation folder and it allows you to open Bigbox from the KODI interface. Do you actually have Launchbox installed on your system?

I have Launchbox on my system, but haven't touched it. I didn't see the .exe and began trying other downloads until I found it but didn't know if it was for Kodi or not because it didn't say that. There is an .exe file in the Launchbox folder on pc, but I can't get to those files at the bottom in Kodi. I've been trying that all week.  That's blocked of, and I've been trying to Google and YouTube it until the forum finally responded yesterday. It's classified.

5 minutes ago, Keith Krummel said:

I have Launchbox on my system, but haven't touched it. I didn't see the .exe and began trying other downloads until I found it but didn't know if it was for Kodi or not because it didn't say that. There is an .exe file in the Launchbox folder on pc, but I can't get to those files at the bottom in Kodi. I've been trying that all week.  That's blocked of, and I've been trying to Google and YouTube it until the forum finally responded yesterday. It's classified.

Your Launchbox folder should look like this, with a Launchbox.exe and a Bigbox.exe close to the bottom. So you open KODI install the addon in KODI then point it to this folder, not the actual .exe just the folder and it will automatically pick up the .exe. Then you just run the addon inside KODI and it will launch Bigbox.

image.thumb.png.7ff42d2d6bad664b550fbe1fbe9328c0.png

Have you even setup Launchbox apart from installing it? You have added platforms and roms to Launchbox right?

The above response says there is an .exe in the pc folder, but Kodi won't allow to the files below the folders where the .exe is on the PC. There not even an option for a few files down at the bottom, and I've been checking within every folder.  I have not done anything besides install or understand the reason for having two folders.

1 minute ago, Keith Krummel said:

The above response says there is an .exe in the pc folder, but Kodi won't allow to the files below the folders where the .exe is on the PC. There not even an option for a few files down at the bottom, and I've been checking within every folder.  I have not done anything besides install or understand the reason for having two folders.

OK im now hugely confused.

What exactly are you trying to do? If you have not setup Launchbox then why are you trying to launch it from KODI? All the addon for KODI is, is basically a shortcut to launch Bigbox from within the KODI UI. You will need Launchbox installed and setup first otherwise there is no point in even launching it from KODI.

So yeah i'm confused here, what is the actual goal of what you are trying to achieve here? Are you wanting to play retro games like snes and such? If so then you need to download some snes games, and add them to Launchbox first.

Now I'm even more confused. I was planning on setting up Launchbox in Kodi and didn't understand the point of having two folders. I was waiting to find out how to get Launchbox in Kodi before setting it up and adding Roms so I wouldn't have to do it outside of Kodi and once in Kodi. I was hoping to get rid of the other folder  that I don't need except for the .exe.

Edited by Keith Krummel

2 minutes ago, Keith Krummel said:

Now I'm even more confused. I was planning on setting up Launchbox in Kodi and didn't understand the point of having two folders. I was waiting to find out how to get Launchbox in Kodi before setting it up and adding Roms so I wouldn't have to do it outside of Kodi and once in Kodi. I was hoping to get rid of the other folder  that I don't need except for the .exe.

OK, that isnt how this addon works. You need a fully working Launchbox, then when you use this addon in KODI it simply closes KODI and opens Bigbox, then when you close Bigbox Kodi restarts. It doesn't do anymore than that.