LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox And CPS3

Flintz

3 minutes ago, Maddoc1007 said:

@Flintz I bet it is because you are missing the roms corresponding  .chd files for each game which should be in a folder inside the emulator called CHD the chd's needed are 3ga000.chd,  33s000.chd,  cap-33s-2.chd, cap-jjk-160.chd,  jjk000.chd,  jjm000.chd,  sf3000.chd,  wzd000.chd.

Whaaaaaaat??

Well, I just ran Red Earth OUTSIDE of Launchbox without issues.

Just now, Maddoc1007 said:

@Flintz Well if its working outside LaunchBox it should work fine, open one of the bat folders and click on it does it launch the game answer quick or i wont be able to reply as it extremely early in the morning here and i need some sleep

Nothing works now for some reason.  I double click and it tells me that the roms are missing.

@Flintz have you set the paths as i stated earlier put the roms and the bats inside the emulator folder in a folder called roms (lower case) and make sure you change the paths properly in the bat useing notepad pointing to the emulator see the underlined bits

cd /d "C:\Users\PC\Documents\LaunchBox\Emulators\cps3emulator"
start "Emulator" "C:\Users\PC\Documents\LaunchBox\Emulators\cps3emulator\emulator.exe" %~n0

Edited by Maddoc1007
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Maddoc1007 said:

@Flintz have you set the paths as i stated earlier put the roms and the bats inside the emulator folder in a folder called roms (lower case) and make sure you change the paths properly pointing to the emulator see the underlined bits

cd /d "C:\Users\PC\Documents\LaunchBox\Emulators\cps3emulator"
start "Emulator" "C:\Users\PC\Documents\LaunchBox\Emulators\cps3emulator\emulator.exe" %~n0

Yep, I did exactly that.  I had to configure each bat file and then rename it to the zip file name so they matched.

@Flintz This is what the ini file should look like make sure to just change the screen resolution to the same as yours nothing else in the ini needs to be changed

;Configuration file for the Capcom System 3 emulator
;All text to the right of ; is ignored (use as comments)

;Add your rom directories here (max 10)
;ROMS subdirectory in the same folder than the exe is always scanned when searching for roms
;(remove the ; form Dir1)
[RomDirs]
;Dir1=c:\cps3\roms

[Renderer]
ForceSync=0            ;Force directx to lock to vsync refresh
SoftwareVertexProcessing=1    
ForceManaged=0            ;Forces the DX driver to use Managed textures instead of Dynamic. Use it if the emulator
                ;crashes after loading or doesn't show anything
FilterTilemaps=1        ;Perform bilinear filtering when stretching in fullscreen
FullScreenWidth=1280
FullScreenHeight=1024

;These options are configured from menus so don't touch
FullMode=3    
Sound=1
Frameskip=-1
AutoFull=1
Filter=0

[CPS3]
Region=3

• Like 1

@Flintz when you open the emulator itself by clicking on its exe, then click on Emulator and then load rom you'll see that what the roms should be named which is exactly the same as what i had the bats named see screenshot and the bats should be inside a folder called after the GAME NAME as i stated earlier and showed in a screenshotUntitled.png

Edited by Maddoc1007
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maddoc1007 said:

@Flintz when you open the emulator itself by clicking on its exe, then click on Emulator and then load rom you'll see that what the roms should be named which is exactly the same as what i had the bats named see screenshotUntitled.png

Ok, I'll double check.  I just extracted all of the .bat files and changed their directory to reflect my set up.

4 minutes ago, Maddoc1007 said:

and just to make sure it works i put my emulator and bats in a different directory and just changed the address of where the emulator was like i showed you in the bat and clicked on the new bat and it worked perfectly

Yep, mine don't work still.  I still get the same error message that the files are missing.

Yeah, those are all .zip files.  I just use WinRAR to extract them.