Grila

BigForce Theme

View File

BigForce v1.0.0
BigBox Theme
02/08/2017

Theme Description
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BigForce is a modern, dark theme focused around the visual style of the computer graphics giant, nVidia. The idea is based off a RetroFE theme called Ergo Proxy by ryuuji that I adapted and modified for BigBox.

Theme Notes 
~~~~~~~~~~~
* Requires the fonts geforce-bold.ttf and geforce-light.ttf. Both are included in the root theme folder. Install them before running BigBox.

* This theme is designed for 1080 but works well at the following resolutions with one missing reflection (due to the way it was implemented):
    -1280x720: no reflection of the details on the text views
    -1366x768: no reflection of the details on the text views
    -1600x900: partial reflection of the details on the text views

* If you have your games rated in LaunchBox (5-star rating system), it will be reflected in the theme.

* I made this based on high quality vertical covers for all systems, it's not going to look right with horizontal covers. I am aware of this, there's no need to tell me. A good source for these is http://www.thecoverproject.net/.

* Included are a handful of vertical platform banners I made based off eash system's original box design. If the ones you need aren't included, get creative and make your own.

platform1.pngplatform2.pngplatformtext.pnggame1.pnggame2.pnggametext.pngmenu.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ALIE said:

Cool so does it make all game cover into that's dvd type or do we do that?. 

Also love the platform Images how many do you have now? 

No, it doesn't change anything you have. You have to source your own vertical covers for your games. Check the site in the description, it has nice, high quality ones.

The number of platform images hasn't changed since my Translucent theme although I am getting ready to whip up a few more that I'm missing for my own system and will gladly add them when they are complete. After that you guys are on your own though as I have no intention of making a full pack (just the ones I need).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ALIE said:

May I ask as noob who would definitely look into making those console images.  What software do you use, any pre sets you can share? Sorry complete noob at something like that 

Photoshop. Go to this link http://www.thecoverproject.net/forums/index.php?topic=1610.0 and scroll down to the post by the user shenske. Download his templates, they are the best on the site. Then get creative!

And for the ones I made I just took the device image from Wikipedia (png) and put it over a blurred screenshot from the platform I was making. Easy peasy.

Edited by Grila
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stephy said:

Grila : 

I had two issues with your theme. 
I repost here.

U are a LEGEND Grila! 

Im so shocked . This theme is SOOO good. Just takes my breath away, 

Hope someone makes platform banners for more system. I might do it myself just to get this amazing theme complete. Soo damn nice!

<3 <3 <3

Edit: Also I think something is alittle wrong. 
My video in Platform VIew appear in the top-right - 

oLwmg7.jpg

Also in game View : it looks right, but two things that is different. 

https://i.snag.gy/FpMgm3.jpg

1. games that isnt selected are blurry. dno if that is new version..
2. the lower-right corner shows a picture of the game, not video. 

it could be settings are wrong ofcourse. .. Please help! :D 

Also do anyone where where to find these platform clear logos?? the one that says arcade, atari, windows etc
Zs2iBH.jpg

#1 - The blur is intentional in that view to give depth of view effect. Switch views to use the one that isn't blurred. Pro tip: bind a key to switch views in the options menu.

#2 - It will show an image if background videos are on. I can't change that, it's how BigBox is coded.

1 minute ago, stephy said:

Fixed it :)
F3ZyCR.jpg

Its a wonderful theme. Ty very much. 
One idea: Maybe you can add the backgrounds for each platform in the theme ?  - like in your nintendo Wii image. 

Those are just scraped fan-art backgrounds so they won't be included. You can scrape them on your system.

3 minutes ago, stephy said:

Is it possible to make the game that shows up. be the one that is not visible - instead of the middle one ? 
looks Awesome still =)

Knc1j8.jpg

That's how I intended it but none of my coding tricks could make it work due to the way the wheels are coded in BigBox, so I had to just settle for the way it currently is.

26 minutes ago, Grila said:

That's how I intended it but none of my coding tricks could make it work due to the way the wheels are coded in BigBox, so I had to just settle for the way it currently is.

Still super -fkn- impressed that you made a such great game-view theme. So I don't have to use coverflow anymore :D 

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, ALIE said:

@Grila cant remember but can themes have unique cover sets ?.  going with the lovely dvd style is great here but i wanna keep traditional on other themes ..

I not entirely sure but I don't think so @ALIE. The only theme specific images we can set are platform images.

• Like 1