LaunchBox Community Forums

HyperSpin style wheel fade in BigBox

Grila

This is amazing! How would you go about adding an image that displayed only when the wheel was visible? Would be nice if screen could go slightly darker ONLY when the wheel is visible.

Easy, just add the logic to the storyboard. For instance, the overlay in the demo. Add the logic for opacity just like the wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

34 minutes ago, Grila said:

Easy, just add the logic to the storyboard. For instance, the overlay in the demo. Add the logic for opacity just like the wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know very little about how to do this..and I am struggling to make it work..mind giving an example?

Edited by igotdvds

1 hour ago, Maddoc1007 said:

@Grila Thank you very much sincerely for this i played around with it more and came up with a slight variation using part of your code, this gives the wheel element a fade which you can set the duration for.  Uploaded here is revised PlatformWheel2FiltersView.xaml for all to check out once again thank you for putting me on the right path.

PlatformWheel2FiltersView.xaml

Yes, without the movement the code becomes much more simple. Also, the duration can be changed in the original code that I posted.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grila said:

Here you go @igotdvds, place this file in the demo theme folder replacing the old one. On platform wheel 1, the background mask will fade in and out with the wheel. Obviously you could change the image to anything you wanted to.

PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml

Perfect!!! Thank you!!!

Last thing...I posted this but no one replied to the other thread..

You have backgroundvideos enabled here which allows 4:3 videos to fill the screen completely. How can i make the IMAGEVIDEO object do the same thing? I want to make the 4:3 videos play and fill the screen without backgroundvideos enabled as I only want it for certain views.

When I try, the videos center and I get a black bar at the top and bottom but backgroundvideos stretch to fill.

Edited by igotdvds

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...