LaunchBox Community Forums

CONGRATULATIONS LB 7.7!!!

ResidentEvul13

Just wanted to stop in and give credit where it's do, first off this is an amazing forum and community and the admins are beast at response times and assistance always! The work you all are doing here is beyond and Brad personal shot for all your dedicated hard work and compassion you put forth in all this.

Congrats on updating to 7.7 I am now adding Dos games thanks to another one of Brad;s awesome video tuts. Even if I never get commodore 64 working lol I am quite proud of the setup I have thus far [video demo coming soon] Launchbox/Big Box are 2 of the most iconic creations in the gaming world hands down! [wipes drool]

I hate to say this has taken over my entire life... I mean if I didn't work from home I would be in retro-gaming withdrawal elsewhere... My fiance though gets no-more of my attention she is quite understanding at what I am trying to accomplish! 

Again amazing job, thank you all for all that you do, contribute, create, assist with etc. I will make some themes as soon as I can catch my breath!

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Patham said:

As an old retired guy who's been away from the emu scene for a long time I'm constantly amazed at how far things have come. I'm pretty much blown away by it all. So many systems and games now and it would be dreadful having to bounce around the PC running this and that. LaunchBox/BigBox has been a blessing getting me up to speed and keeping things simple and in one place as I add more and more.

It definitely has taken over my life and that's fine by me. I can't think of a better way to while away my retirement hours.

amen to that mate!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Patham said:

As an old retired guy who's been away from the emu scene for a long time I'm constantly amazed at how far things have come. I'm pretty much blown away by it all. So many systems and games now and it would be dreadful having to bounce around the PC running this and that. LaunchBox/BigBox has been a blessing getting me up to speed and keeping things simple and in one place as I add more and more.

It definitely has taken over my life and that's fine by me. I can't think of a better way to while away my retirement hours.

Glad you are all up and running now @Patham after some initial headaches. :) 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Patham said:

Now debating on whether or not it's worth the trouble to upgrade my old mame set and deal with that headache. As far as LaunchBox goes, it's been smooth sailing so far. Loving the new consolidate roms feature! :)

I have so many mame roms in there now, consolidation was heaven sent. It was such a mess previously that I deleted a lot of them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Patham said:

I haven't even checked out the downloads section yet. I guess I need to have a look. Myself, I came here for the support and quickly found most of what I wanted to ask was easily searched and answered. Honestly, I find LB easy to work with and most of my specific questions are regarding the various emulators. The folks here have been great with help on that end as well when they could have easily chased me off to the appropriate place for answers. I even got a nice and helpful PM from a member here which I thought was over the top. You are right, it's a wonderful community.

With that, here's a MAME question. Is it worth upgrading my MAME and the subsequent ROMS, CHD'S, etc...or should I just stick with what works? I ran the consolidation tool in LB on my old set and it really weeded through and straightened out a lot.

Ill be honest, I had a bastardised really old mame set, that I have recently swapped out for the latest set, which was a massive download, but I love..

• Like 1

Honestly, Launchbox and its community is perfect in scope for me. This place is built on people with a common love of games, and everyone seems to have the right kind of chilled out attitude for it. Perhaps it's because we're a community of people willing to invest some time in luxuries in life? Who knows.

For me, Launchbox is a blessing in the living room. In a house of 4 guys who all work on gaming videos (I work on a channel called DidYouKnowGaming! Check it out!) we couldn't ask for an easier way to manage all of our random ass games that we'll never dig out of the cupboard. Truly amazing stuff guys, always waiting to see what else you've got.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Thanks so much everybody, this is really great to hear. We're working on playlists in the live stream right now and I'm excited about what's next. :)

quite welcome man because of your excellent content on youtube my LB is coming along sexy ass hells... no way ill have it liek you're epic setup but damn close... I see what you mean about picking and choosing platforms and quality vs throwing everyday emu we find inside of Launchbox... I trully would love to add commodore 64 to it but I'll leave it for now cause ive stumbled on sega saturn stuff! Knights!!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tSRDazz said:

Honestly, Launchbox and its community is perfect in scope for me. This place is built on people with a common love of games, and everyone seems to have the right kind of chilled out attitude for it. Perhaps it's because we're a community of people willing to invest some time in luxuries in life? Who knows.

For me, Launchbox is a blessing in the living room. In a house of 4 guys who all work on gaming videos (I work on a channel called DidYouKnowGaming! Check it out!) we couldn't ask for an easier way to manage all of our random ass games that we'll never dig out of the cupboard. Truly amazing stuff guys, always waiting to see what else you've got.

woot? We have someone from DidYouKnowGaming in our community? That's awesome! I really love your videos.

It seems that LB attracts all the right people :D

• Like 3