Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

7.8-beta-13 Released

Recommended Posts

Thanks @Kriven; I'll take a look. Platform categories not showing playlist games is sort of by design, since I assume that platform categories should most likely have both playlists and platforms in them, and the games are most likely the same games between platforms and playlists. It would probably end up being a performance issue if I processed all child playlists at once and then merged them all together.

That said, of course the playlists lists should be showing games just fine, so I'll load up your data and see what I can figure out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beta 14 is out now guys; I have fixed a bunch of bugs, but really the only major change for this release is that images are now included for all the arcade playlists. You'll have to refresh your image cache in Big Box to get them to show up though, of course.

Hoping to put out the official release early next week. :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jason Carr I can confirm that the download of the beta 14 is faster than the previous ones, but still slow for my connection near of 4 or 5 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sir BLaDE said:

@Jason Carr I can confirm that the download of the beta 14 is faster than the previous ones, but still slow for my connection near of 4 or 5 minutes.

Downloads are now back on our own servers, now that we have three different servers hosting the various services. All three servers are currently very overpowered for what they're serving (both processing and bandwidth-wise), so the only possible cause of slow downloads right now would be something between users and us in the Interwebs, which is unfortunately out of our control, sans for distributing the downloads via a bunch of servers in a bunch of different locations. We somehow had complaints even with Amazon S3, so I'm not sure there is anything more we can do. Glad to hear it's at least faster for you though, @Sir BLaDE. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Beta 14 is out now guys; I have fixed a bunch of bugs, but really the only major change for this release is that images are now included for all the arcade playlists. You'll have to refresh your image cache in Big Box to get them to show up though, of course.

Hoping to put out the official release early next week. :)

Thats great news Jason! one question yesterday i updated the images for my playlists manually  because beta13 didn't have the images yet. i did this for each platform: Edit -> images.

But if i delete those again will it auto download the standaard beta14 playlist images instead?

Edited by Puppet
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Puppet said:

Thats great news Jason! one question yesterday i updated the images for my playlists manually  because beta13 didn't have the images yet. i did this for each platform: Edit -> images.

But if i delete those again will it auto download the standaard beta14 playlist images instead?

I believe the logos are actually part of the beta download, not downloaded separately later. So you would delete the ones you have, open bigbox and refresh the platform wheel cache.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jason Carr

I'm bringing up the topic of the automatic playlist creation again as I've had some time to make some changes and further try to understand the issue.  I deleted all of the playlists and then deleted my MAME platform.  I imported MAME ROMS, but this time named the platform ARCADE.  In addition, I did not apply any of the MAME import filters.  I'm using a full rom set 0.183 and when finished importing I had 10,516 games in the ARCADE platform.  I then automatically created Arcade/Mame playlists from the Tools menu.  At this point I hadn't consolidated ROMS.

When finished I checked the CAPCOM Classics playlist and the following games were missing (I understand when the games are missing related to being a different region or bootleg, etc.).

Avengers, Block Block, Captain Commando, Carrier Airwing, Commando, Final Fight, Forgotten Worlds, Ghosts n Goblins, Knights of the Round, Side Arms, Space Invasion, Street Figher, Street Fighter 2: Championship Edition, Street Fighter 2: World Warrior, The King of Dragons, The Punisher, Speed Rumbler, Three Wonders, Top Secret, Warriors of Fate, and Willow.

I then manually searched my ARCADE platform for these games.  I found all of them and manually added except for Avengers and Commando; which were not found.

I'm hopeful this is helpful in tracking down what may be causing some games to come up missing.

 

Edited by Coptimus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/03/2017 at 11:03 AM, Pacman56 said:

 

I'm not looking for a solution for myself (since I can always clean those duplicates - after import) but I thought this may be something of interest in a future release. ;)

1.png

Audit Media.txt

@Pacman56 how do you remove your duplicate images as this is something i need to do, I did try the their party app in the download section but it seemed to hang up the pc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

@Pacman56 how do you remove your duplicate images as this is something i need to do, I did try the their party app in the download section but it seemed to hang up the pc

@Rincewind Unfortunately, I am using something called "Pacman's Rom Manager" ;) which has been in perpetual beta!

I certainly feel reluctant to upload this tool (at least the current version) in the 3rd party section simply because it contains experimental features that would confuse users. If however you are still interested in trying out the "Remove duplicate images" function, send me a PM and I can arrange to give you a copy in addition to provide you with instructions. Getting feedback from you may be just what I need to make it available to everyone! :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coptimus said:

@Jason Carr

I'm bringing up the topic of the automatic playlist creation again as I've had some time to make some changes and further try to understand the issue.  I deleted all of the playlists and then deleted my MAME platform.  I imported MAME ROMS, but this time named the platform ARCADE.  In addition, I did not apply any of the MAME import filters.  I'm using a full rom set 0.183 and when finished importing I had 10,516 games in the ARCADE platform.  I then automatically created Arcade/Mame playlists from the Tools menu.  At this point I hadn't consolidated ROMS.

When finished I checked the CAPCOM Classics playlist and the following games were missing (I understand when the games are missing related to being a different region or bootleg, etc.).

Avengers, Block Block, Captain Commando, Carrier Airwing, Commando, Final Fight, Forgotten Worlds, Ghosts n Goblins, Knights of the Round, Side Arms, Space Invasion, Street Figher, Street Fighter 2: Championship Edition, Street Fighter 2: World Warrior, The King of Dragons, The Punisher, Speed Rumbler, Three Wonders, Top Secret, Warriors of Fate, and Willow.

I then manually searched my ARCADE platform for these games.  I found all of them and manually added except for Avengers and Commando; which were not found.

I'm hopeful this is helpful in tracking down what may be causing some games to come up missing.

 

Hi @Coptimus, how are you identifying those games as missing? Are they showing up as missing in the games list when editing the playlist? Games are identified by the MAME zip file name, so perhaps the list is just incomplete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Hi @Coptimus, how are you identifying those games as missing? Are they showing up as missing in the games list when editing the playlist? Games are identified by the MAME zip file name, so perhaps the list is just incomplete.

@Jason Carr Yes...I identified those games were missing via the edit function and then looking at the "games" tab.  Where they used to say Mame on some and Arcade on others, due to my change (only having ARCADE as a platform) they only show as Arcade now.  I found the "missing" games by simply going to my ARCADE platform and using the search function in Launchbox (top right).

It seems the games are being picked up by the initial import of the ARCADE platform, but not the automatically created playlists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all, beta 15 is out. Text descriptions are now included for the arcade playlists, but will only show up if you delete them and have them recreated, unfortunately. I did go through and fix a bunch of bugs, but I haven't addressed everything in this thread yet (specifically the issues reported by @Kriven and @Coptimus). That's on my list. :)

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were just talking about playlist descriptions earlier, good timing. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quick question, is there any way to hide the arcade platform? Now I have all the arcade playlists and descriptions for them I don't really need arcade as a platform. Obviously I can't delete it as the playlists rely on it, but if I could hide it in the platform wheel that would be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Hey all, beta 15 is out. Text descriptions are now included for the arcade playlists, but will only show up if you delete them and have them recreated, unfortunately. I did go through and fix a bunch of bugs, but I haven't addressed everything in this thread yet (specifically the issues reported by @Kriven and @Coptimus). That's on my list. :)

@Jason Carr Further information on the issue.  I deleted all of the playlists and my ARCADE/MAME platform.  I imported MAME from the tools menu and this time selected the option to have the playlists created automatically at the time of import.  I imported all CLONES.  After it was done, I took a look at CAPCOM Classics and the playlist was rather complete.  The only things that were missing were things that I didn't import (such as prototypes or quiz games).  I then went in and consolidated ROMS so that I didn't see a bunch of duplicates.

After this was done, I once again went in and looked at the playlists.  This time I looked at all of them and they are all complete.  I don't know if this information helps, but do want you to know that for me...this resolves my issue.

As others have said, I'm so glad I was turned on to your front end by Simply Austin.  You and the team here are a dedicated group and Big Box is simply awesome.  I still use Rocketlauncher for Bezels and Fade Screens, but Big Box interfaces with Rocketlauncher beautifully.

EDIT: The only issue I seem to have now is that when I go to BigBox, there are multiple duplicates in the playlist views.  I do not see duplicates in Launchbox view.

Edited by Coptimus
Updated information
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A feature I would absolutely love to see is the ability to add standalone windows games. For example: I have Another Metroid 2 Remake, and would love to be able to add it to launchbox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, corvusfan23 said:

A feature I would absolutely love to see is the ability to add standalone windows games. For example: I have Another Metroid 2 Remake, and would love to be able to add it to launchbox

You can already do this. In the Main Menu, Game->Add... then set the Application path to the game's .exe file.

Edit: There's also Tools->Import->Windows Games, but I've never been able to get it to work. Just scans for hours before I get sick of waiting and kill it.

Edited by prolecat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, prolecat said:

You can already do this. In the Main Menu, Game->Add... then set the Application path to the game's .exe file.

What he said, you can also go to tools/import/windows games and it will scan for pc games on your system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, corvusfan23 said:

A feature I would absolutely love to see is the ability to add standalone windows games. For example: I have Another Metroid 2 Remake, and would love to be able to add it to launchbox

 

Screenshot (39).png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beta 16 is out now guys with only minor bugfixes, but I want to confirm that one bug in particular is indeed fixed (the null reference bug related to retrieving custom field names).

@Kriven I dove into your collection in the live stream this morning and it turns out the issue is that you have a custom field named "Playlists". Everything should work properly if you delete that custom field; unfortunately LaunchBox gets confused if you use that name for a custom field.

@neil9000 Unfortunately currently there is no way to hide the Arcade platform without hiding the games from the arcade playlists as well; that is a good point. Unfortunately it's too late in the game to add something for that though, so we'll have to get back to it at some point in the future.

This may be the last beta to go out before the release tomorrow, or I may have another beta out in the mean time depending on what I find to fix. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...