LaunchBox Community Forums

Unofficial BigBox Kodi Addon(Linux and Android Beta)

On 4/14/2017 at 8:31 PM, neil9000 said:

Actually that dialog box was helpful to me, as I could see it was calling the correct emulator and rom from the correct locations. Just wont launch them.

Hi there is a new update that should fix the relevant paths. also good idea to keep the dialog box, I have set it to display if the launch command fails.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The_Keeper86 said:

This addon is amazing! I've always wanted a way to display my last played games etc as a widget on the home screen. Do you plan on adding anything else to the widget? I'd love to see random games :)

Im glad you like it.  I built this addon for that reason I wanted to display Last Played and Recently added games as a widget. I do plan on adding new features I just dont know what to add. Thank you for your suggestion I will be adding this for you soon.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The_Keeper86 said:

This addon is amazing! I've always wanted a way to display my last played games etc as a widget on the home screen. Do you plan on adding anything else to the widget? I'd love to see random games :)

Update in Original Post.

added features.

Play Random Game (launches a random game)

Random Games (lists some random games)

added Icons for other menu items

• Like 1

9 hours ago, slacker said:

Is it possible to scale the images better? Atm it shows box art with some parts cut off. Using Kodi 17.1 Krypton with Eminence 2.0 skin.

theoretically it is possible, It would require me to customize the addons theme. I am not sure at the moment how to add a custom theme to my addon. this would be cool though as I will be able to add other image types like clear logos and even video snaps. I will look into this in the future(maybe i will use RCB as a base).

• Like 2

New Beta Version.

Clear Logo Support

Trailer Support.

Android and Linux Support.

Next focus.

next focus will be to add custom launch command for android and linux. at the moment it checks the retroarch launch cmd and converts it to work with Android or Linux. in the future I will build in commands in case you use something like epsxe  for launchbox it will launch it in retroarch if you are using Linux or Android.

• Like 5

New update to the Beta Version.

there is now a command bypass xml file.

you can configure each platform to bypass the generated command.

the xml file is located under the addon folder

Windows

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.bigbox\resources\linuxcom.xml

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.bigbox\resources\androidcom.xml

Linux

/home/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.bigbox/resources/linuxcom.xml

/home/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.bigbox/resources/androidcom.xml

Android

/Internal Memory/Android/Data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.bigbox/resources/linuxcom.xml

/Internal Memory/Android/Data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.bigbox/resources/androidcom.xml

• Like 3

Thanks for a great addon, to bad I have my Launchbox install on a NAS so it wont work for me. The share is mapped with a driveletter in Windows 10 but dosent work anyway. Is that BUG on your todo list?

16 hours ago, sic said:

Thanks for a great addon, to bad I have my Launchbox install on a NAS so it wont work for me. The share is mapped with a driveletter in Windows 10 but dosent work anyway. Is that BUG on your todo list?

hey I was not aware of this issue, I have not tested it myself. I will have a look.

Hey I have had a look and everything seems to be working on my side. can you upload your kodi log located in 

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\kodi.log

Edited by slipsystem

3 hours ago, slipsystem said:

hey I was not aware of this issue, I have not tested it myself. I will have a look.

Hey I have had a look and everything seems to be working on my side. can you upload your kodi log located in 

Hi slipsystem

Ok, since it works for you I decided to remove my Kodi install and start over. I actually discovered that MAME was the only emulator that worked, but the others won´t.  

When I checked the logs it seems like the addon sends the right commands, but still it wont work :(

What I tried and logged for you was: 

1. Choose Commodore Amiga platform but it didn´t even show the games. I got an error message that told me to check the logs for more information.

2. Start a NES game nothing happend, just the busy screen.

3. Start Commodore 64 game, the emulator starts up but no game boots.

4. Start a MAME game, worked as it should.

Extra info:

Tried both stable and beta version of the addon, no difference.

Can also add that I always get dual messages that tells me that one of the platforms has been updated whatever I click on in the addon. Doesn´t matter if I press yes or no, it still tells me that there was an update. 

I hope my info is enough for you to see whats causing my issues, thanks again for looking into it. Love the idea of your addon and hope I can use it soon :)

kodi.log

1 hour ago, sic said:

Hi slipsystem

Ok, since it works for you I decided to remove my Kodi install and start over. I actually discovered that MAME was the only emulator that worked, but the others won´t.  

When I checked the logs it seems like the addon sends the right commands, but still it wont work :(

What I tried and logged for you was: 

1. Choose Commodore Amiga platform but it didn´t even show the games. I got an error message that told me to check the logs for more information.

2. Start a NES game nothing happend, just the busy screen.

3. Start Commodore 64 game, the emulator starts up but no game boots.

4. Start a MAME game, worked as it should.

Extra info:

Tried both stable and beta version of the addon, no difference.

Can also add that I always get dual messages that tells me that one of the platforms has been updated whatever I click on in the addon. Doesn´t matter if I press yes or no, it still tells me that there was an update. 

I hope my info is enough for you to see whats causing my issues, thanks again for looking into it. Love the idea of your addon and hope I can use it soon :)

kodi.log

Hey thanks for the info, this always helps diagnose the problem quickly. 

I have updated the Beta Version in the original post, this should hopefully fix the issue.

the problem was that I only joined the paths if they were relative outside the Launchbox folder because I was not sure what would happen if the paths were not relative. that is why commodore 64  started but did not launch the game because it could not find it. a lot of emulators like retroarch also will not start unless all the parameters are properly met so If it cant find the game it will not launch.

the reason why you are getting the message that Bigbox was updated is because the plugin has detected that one of the platform xmls has been updated. this does a loop threw all the platforms so if you updated 2 platforms it will tell you twice. the nice thing about this is that if you click yes it will update just the platform that was updated and not the entire database which takes forever. i will be working on making this less annoying.

also in the beta version I have  fixed the genre list it now displays individual genres instead of tag groups.

ie instead of displaying

action;shooter;adventure;

adventure; shooter;

puzzle;adventure

it will display

action

adventure

puzzle

shooter

i have also fixed retroarch config for android. this was an issue that I picked up when using my controller, every time I launched a game my controller was not configured.

at the moment I am busy working on android command replacements, I am going to try get all my platforms out the box. I also want to do a scan so it can detect whether you have downloaded the core needed in retroarch as well as the bios, then warn you if they are not found and tell you what to download. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, slipsystem said:

Hey thanks for the info, this always helps diagnose the problem quickly. 

I have updated the Beta Version in the original post, this should hopefully fix the issue.

the problem was that I only joined the paths if they were relative outside the Launchbox folder because I was not sure what would happen if the paths were not relative. that is why commodore 64  started but did not launch the game because it could not find it. a lot of emulators like retroarch also will not start unless all the parameters are properly met so If it cant find the game it will not launch.

the reason why you are getting the message that Bigbox was updated is because the plugin has detected that one of the platform xmls has been updated. this does a loop threw all the platforms so if you updated 2 platforms it will tell you twice. the nice thing about this is that if you click yes it will update just the platform that was updated and not the entire database which takes forever. i will be working on making this less annoying.

also in the beta version I have  fixed the genre list it now displays individual genres instead of tag groups.

ie instead of displaying

action;shooter;adventure;

adventure; shooter;

puzzle;adventure

it will display

action

adventure

puzzle

shooter

i have also fixed retroarch config for android. this was an issue that I picked up when using my controller, every time I launched a game my controller was not configured.

at the moment I am busy working on android command replacements, I am going to try get all my platforms out the box. I also want to do a scan so it can detect whether you have downloaded the core needed in retroarch as well as the bios, then warn you if they are not found and tell you what to download. 

Thanks, that was fast! 

Now C64 works fine. Did you see any reason why Commodore Amiga wouldn´t even show the games?

I will check more emulators tonight and see if I can get them to run :)

2 hours ago, sic said:

Thanks, that was fast! 

Now C64 works fine. Did you see any reason why Commodore Amiga wouldn´t even show the games?

I will check more emulators tonight and see if I can get them to run :)

i notice commodore amiga is looking for the emulator as a image for some reason. if you can send me you launchbox data folder i can try diagnose why its getting confused.

57 minutes ago, sic said:

Hi, you got PM :)

Hi thanks allot for that. I have found the problem, there is an issue with converting some unicode characters in kodi. i am currently looking into how to fix this.

as for scrummvm and windows, I had an issue with this in the past but I thought I fixed it. can you run the update database function inside the addon, this should fix launch parameters for previous versions. then let me know if they still are not able to launch.