LaunchBox Community Forums

Unofficial BigBox Kodi Addon(Linux and Android Beta)

1 hour ago, slipsystem said:

Hi thanks allot for that. I have found the problem, there is an issue with converting some unicode characters in kodi. i am currently looking into how to fix this.

as for scrummvm and windows, I had an issue with this in the past but I thought I fixed it. can you run the update database function inside the addon, this should fix launch parameters for previous versions. then let me know if they still are not able to launch.

Hey, it worked great after DB update :). Now the only emulator I can´t get running is dosbox. Will provide a log for you.

I also have some questions/requests:

1. Will there be support  to pull the AHK script that is provided in launchbox with each emulator. Me for example have a custom script for keymapping the C64 emulator.

2. Provide or clone the function "quit key combo"  (Close the active window) from launchbox. Now some emulators is hard to quit without a keyboard.

Many thanks slipsystem for this great addon :)

kodi.log

16 hours ago, sic said:

Hey, it worked great after DB update :). Now the only emulator I can´t get running is dosbox. Will provide a log for you.

I also have some questions/requests:

1. Will there be support  to pull the AHK script that is provided in launchbox with each emulator. Me for example have a custom script for keymapping the C64 emulator.

2. Provide or clone the function "quit key combo"  (Close the active window) from launchbox. Now some emulators is hard to quit without a keyboard.

Many thanks slipsystem for this great addon :)

kodi.log

my focus at the moment is getting cross platform working to the max. i am starting with android and then moving to linux.

as for auto hotkeys and quit key combos , i am doing some reading on the launchbox plugin system that has been recently implemented. I am hoping to be able to launch the games via launchbox itself instead of intercepting commands that it sends. this way the games will launch as if Launchbox actually launched it. i am not sure if this is even possible but thats where i will be putting my attention.

• Like 2

my focus at the moment is getting cross platform working to the max. i am starting with android and then moving to linux.

as for auto hotkeys and quit key combos , i am doing some reading on the launchbox plugin system that has been recently implemented. I am hoping to be able to launch the games via launchbox itself instead of intercepting commands that it sends. this way the games will launch as if Launchbox actually launched it. i am not sure if this is even possible but thats where i will be putting my attention.

Ok, hope that the pluginsystem will open up that approach to launch games. Will subscribe to this thread to follow your work.

14 hours ago, zetec-s-joe said:

This is a great idea! Thank you so much for this, please keep working on it and tweaking it to perfection! What Kodi Theme are you guys using out of intrest??

I am using estuary mod 17. it supports clear logos and trailers. it also uses skin helper which automatically downloads images on the fly.  I was using Aeon Nox but it didn't support trailers when I was testing.

20 hours ago, zetec-s-joe said:

This is a great idea! Thank you so much for this, please keep working on it and tweaking it to perfection! What Kodi Theme are you guys using out of intrest??

Im using Arctic: Zephyr, I like the clean layout. 

7 hours ago, slipsystem said:

I am using estuary mod 17. it supports clear logos and trailers. it also uses skin helper which automatically downloads images on the fly.  I was using Aeon Nox but it didn't support trailers when I was testing.

I'll take a look, been using Aeon Nox Silvo Mod for a long time

1 hour ago, sic said:

Im using Arctic: Zephyr, I like the clean layout. 

Ahh, its a very clean skin, I used it for a very long time.

WOW, don't know how I missed this. This is exactly what I had hoped someone would do with BB and Kodi.

Everything seems to work well. The only thing that seems to be missing is a way to directly BB from a main menu item. Is this feature already in there and my old eyes are missing it and if not, is it planned to be added?

7 hours ago, BlackSol said:

WOW, don't know how I missed this. This is exactly what I had hoped someone would do with BB and Kodi.

Everything seems to work well. The only thing that seems to be missing is a way to directly BB from a main menu item. Is this feature already in there and my old eyes are missing it and if not, is it planned to be added?

There is a menu item to Launch BigBox, unless you are using a different operating stem then this item is disabled.

1 hour ago, slipsystem said:

There is a menu item to Launch BigBox, unless you are using a different operating stem then this item is disabled.

Sorry, I was referring to setting a Kodi main menu item to launch BB. But no worries, i just set the "Launch BigBox" menu item in your add-on to a favorite and them added that to Kodi's main menu bar to launch. 

Hi there, great plugin idea! Unfortunately I cannot get it to update the database. I installed the plugin, ran it, and then it pops an error. Looking at the log file, this is what I found at the bottom:

15:12:49.851 T:8560   ERROR: Control 55 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't
15:12:52.235 T:856 WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle -1
15:12:52.651 T:19412 WARNING: CActiveAE::ActiveAE::CActiveAE::StateMachine - signal: 0 from port: OutputControlPort not handled for state: 6
15:12:57.651 T:12036   ERROR: ActiveAE::ActiveAE::CActiveAE::Resume - failed to init
15:12:57.651 T:12036 WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle -1
15:13:12.227 T:8560 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
15:13:12.227 T:8560 WARNING: CGUIWindowManager - CGUIWindowManager::OnAction - ignoring action 107, because topmost modal dialog closing animation is running
15:13:13.599 T:5176 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
15:13:13.599 T:5176   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'str'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\profu\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.bigbox\default.py", line 1818, in <module>
                                                elif mode==51: ResetDatabase()
                                              File "C:\Users\profu\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.bigbox\default.py", line 614, in ResetDatabase
                                                DataString = (platformname + "','" + platformdisc + "','" + icon + "','" + fanart + "','" + icon + "','" + logo)
                                            TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'str'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
15:13:13.652 T:8560   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.bigbox/?iconimage=C%3a%5cUsers%5cprofu%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cKodi%5caddons%5cplugin.video.bigbox%5cresources%5cimages%5cupdatedatabase%5cicon.png&mode=51&name=Update%20Database&url=url
15:13:13.653 T:8560   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.bigbox/?iconimage=C%3a%5cUsers%5cprofu%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cKodi%5caddons%5cplugin.video.bigbox%5cresources%5cimages%5cupdatedatabase%5cicon.png&mode=51&name=Update%20Database&url=url) failed

Any idea what's going on? How I can fix it? Thanks!

7 minutes ago, fawkesyeah said:

Hi there, great plugin idea! Unfortunately I cannot get it to update the database. I installed the plugin, ran it, and then it pops an error. Looking at the log file, this is what I found at the bottom:

15:12:49.851 T:8560   ERROR: Control 55 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't
15:12:52.235 T:856 WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle -1
15:12:52.651 T:19412 WARNING: CActiveAE::ActiveAE::CActiveAE::StateMachine - signal: 0 from port: OutputControlPort not handled for state: 6
15:12:57.651 T:12036   ERROR: ActiveAE::ActiveAE::CActiveAE::Resume - failed to init
15:12:57.651 T:12036 WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle -1
15:13:12.227 T:8560 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
15:13:12.227 T:8560 WARNING: CGUIWindowManager - CGUIWindowManager::OnAction - ignoring action 107, because topmost modal dialog closing animation is running
15:13:13.599 T:5176 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
15:13:13.599 T:5176   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'str'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\profu\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.bigbox\default.py", line 1818, in <module>
                                                elif mode==51: ResetDatabase()
                                              File "C:\Users\profu\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.bigbox\default.py", line 614, in ResetDatabase
                                                DataString = (platformname + "','" + platformdisc + "','" + icon + "','" + fanart + "','" + icon + "','" + logo)
                                            TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'str'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
15:13:13.652 T:8560   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.bigbox/?iconimage=C%3a%5cUsers%5cprofu%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cKodi%5caddons%5cplugin.video.bigbox%5cresources%5cimages%5cupdatedatabase%5cicon.png&mode=51&name=Update%20Database&url=url
15:13:13.653 T:8560   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.bigbox/?iconimage=C%3a%5cUsers%5cprofu%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cKodi%5caddons%5cplugin.video.bigbox%5cresources%5cimages%5cupdatedatabase%5cicon.png&mode=51&name=Update%20Database&url=url) failed

Any idea what's going on? How I can fix it? Thanks!

looks like it picked up a problem writing to the sql database.  can you send me your data folder so I can try it on my side.

52 minutes ago, fawkesyeah said:

Sure, here you go, my Launchbox Data folder.

Data.rar

Hey I have had a look at your data folder. the problem is coming from some of your pc games being listed as unknown platform. this is leaving the xml as 

<Platform>
    <LocalDbParsed>false</LocalDbParsed>
    <Name />
    <Developer />
    <Manufacturer />
    <Cpu />
    <Memory />
    <Graphics />
    <Sound />
    <Display />
    <Media />
    <MaxControllers />
    <Folder />
    <Notes />
    <VideoPath />
  </Platform>

the addon is erroring out because it cannot determine the platform.

the only way to fix this at the moment is to remove those lines from the xml file.

even once you have done this it will constantly tell you that the Unknown Platform.xml was changed since the last update and ask if you want to update the database.

I will try and implement some error checking if the Platform Title is blank in the future.

my best recommendation for now is to have a look at what games are in the Unknown Platform.xml delete the Unknown Platform.xml and import those games again under windows.

attached you will find you data folder where i removed those lines from the platforms and deleted the xml labled unknown platform. i also replace the right quotation mark on Sid Meier’s as this is not supported in the addon it now looks like this Sid Meier's. I do think that the unknown platform xml is there by mistake and is not actually being used by launchbox. to be safe always backup your data folder before doing anything.

Data.zip

• Like 1

Yes! Your package fixed it. I hadn't realized a few games were in no platform. Thank you for your help on that!

A different question for you: I've tried flipping through a few different views in Kodi, and I'm seeing them all use either the game box or the background. Is there any way I can make a view(s) use the Steam Banner image instead? I have all of my games with proper Steam Banners and I prefer using those if I can.

Edited by fawkesyeah

7 hours ago, fawkesyeah said:

Yes! Your package fixed it. I hadn't realized a few games were in no platform. Thank you for your help on that!

A different question for you: I've tried flipping through a few different views in Kodi, and I'm seeing them all use either the game box or the background. Is there any way I can make a view(s) use the Steam Banner image instead? I have all of my games with proper Steam Banners and I prefer using those if I can.

yes and no. the plugin has support for banners if your custom theme supports it but i have not implemented steam banners yet. i will add this for you in the next release.

On 2017-5-1 at 5:54 PM, slipsystem said:

New update to the Beta Version.

there is now a command bypass xml file.

you can configure each platform to bypass the generated command.

the xml file is located under the addon folder

Windows

Linux

Android

This is so awesome! Can't wait to try on my LibreElec setup, and getting an nVidia Shield tomorrow so that too!
If I set up RetroArch in Windows, is it possible/easy to transfer those configs to Android/Linux versions?