LaunchBox Community Forums

Unofficial BigBox Kodi Addon(Linux and Android Beta)

12 minutes ago, slipsystem said:

On android devices it converts the command used to run the game. 

retroarch.exe -L "cores/stella_libretro.dll" "%ROM_PATH%"

becomes

/system/bin/am start --user 0 -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -e ROM "%ROM_PATH%" -e LIBRETRO /data/data/com.retroarch/cores/stella_libretro_android.so -e CONFIGFILE /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.retroarch/files/retroarch.cfg -e IME com.android.inputmethod.latin/.LatinIME -n com.retroarch/.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture

Thats awesome I have been looking for the command for a while ? But I was actually asking an even simpler question.

is the android add-on a standalone android app that replicates Launchbox look and launches games on an android device?

im going to go back over the thread and vids.

32 minutes ago, Thatman84 said:

Thats awesome I have been looking for the command for a while ? But I was actually asking an even simpler question.

is the android add-on a standalone android app that replicates Launchbox look and launches games on an android device?

im going to go back over the thread and vids.

Yes and no. its meant to launch games on android and linux devices, but the goal is not to replicate the look. the goal is to be able to unplug your LaunchBox hard drive and insert it into a machine not running windows and still be able to play your games. it is supposed to be a little bit pretty and functional but not meant to be a replacement for LaunchBox and not meant to look the same. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tony Birt said:

Hi Slipsystem, awesome addon, Using on Windows 10, all emulators are working perfectly for me.  I am get an error when opening the Windows platform though.

kodi.log

Emulators.xml

Platforms.xml

hi Tony i an aware of the issue i am busy investigating how to solve it. the problem is with displaying some unicode charactets like left quotations.

On 5/14/2017 at 0:24 AM, fawkesyeah said:

Yes! Your package fixed it. I hadn't realized a few games were in no platform. Thank you for your help on that!

A different question for you: I've tried flipping through a few different views in Kodi, and I'm seeing them all use either the game box or the background. Is there any way I can make a view(s) use the Steam Banner image instead? I have all of my games with proper Steam Banners and I prefer using those if I can.

I have added the steam banners under the Kodis banner layout, any theme using banners will be able to use the files.

On 5/15/2017 at 7:47 AM, The_Keeper86 said:

Would it be possible to only show games that have art? At least in the random games widget. A lot of Mame games show sometimes with no art. If not no worries. I hope this requests makes sense? 

I have added a button that can be toggled in the settings menu that will allow you to only show games with boxart available. you will need to update the BigBox Database inside the addon.

On 5/19/2017 at 11:17 AM, martinconroy said:

Back again @slipsystem with another idea! Just thought - would be great to be able to hide certain platforms. Some cannot be (easily) emulated on some systems so would be good to be able to hide those :)

I have added a contect menu to hide platforms, right clicking on a platform under the platform list or pressing c will allow you to disable the the platform. the platform can be re enabled under the removed platforms menu.

• Like 1

On 2017-5-20 at 8:59 AM, Thatman84 said:

Thanks for clearing that up. Maybe worth adding that line about the hard drive to the 1st post

Not that this is necessarily the case! My media is stored on a local server that both my Windows system (Launchbox) can access and also my Android device (nVidia Shield). I don't need to move anything to use content on all my devices.

2 hours ago, martinconroy said:

Not that this is necessarily the case! My media is stored on a local server that both my Windows system (Launchbox) can access and also my Android device (nVidia Shield). I don't need to move anything to use content on all my devices.

Good thing for clarity is not to say "unplug  hard drive. " as a NAS and hdd are in essence the same thing.

just gotta use the right term

be cool to see a capture vid of your setup working martinconroy 

15 minutes ago, Thatman84 said:

Good thing for clarity is not to say "unplug  hard drive. " as a NAS and hdd are in essence the same thing.

just gotta use the right term

be cool to see a capture vid of your setup working martinconroy 

Only just got the Shield so working on getting everything working nicely in RetroArch on PC then will be trying to migrate settings :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Thatman84 said:

So I'm getting somwhere with this now and I must say it's looking like an awesome plugin.

Using Shield TV

I can see my media and the list of games but every game is just giving an error message at launch.

Any game any platform (I only have 3). Lynx and 32x are unzipped roms in the launchbox Games folder

Emulators.xm

Platforms.xm

kodi.log

sorry my mistake for the one platform the <Platform> was opened twice without the </Platform> to say that the entry was ended. I will do a update tonight in the mean time you can replace the androidcom.xml in 

/Internal Memory/Android/Data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.bigbox/resources/androidcom.xml

androidcom.xml

2 minutes ago, Thatman84 said:

Cool.. i will give it a go tonight

So am i understanding that file is the list of supported systems for your plugin? And is that the only place thatbi would need to add things to get other emus to work?

yes that is correct.

that list is replacement commands. so if a platform is not working you would change the command in this file. there is some logic to try and use Launchbox commands on android so sometime the platform is not in the xml but it will still work.

the logic first tries to get the command from the xml if it fails it will use its own logic to convert the launchbox commands.

4 minutes ago, Thatman84 said:

Very cool.

Do you habe a list of supported and tested playforms?

nope i could write a theoretical list but every operating system is different and what works for me may not work for someone else. for instance my tablet is 64bit so I dont get the same retroarch cores as my cellphone.