LaunchBox Community Forums

suggestions on hardware for my arcade please

spaceman

Going back to an earlier question / point... You use a Windows PC with Luanchbox, and then use InstantSheller to hide the Windows OS.

https://www.gameex.com/instant-sheller-and-shelling-guide/

I have an arcade I built about 6 years ago on Windows 7 running HyperSpin, shelled with InstantSheller so when I turn it on it loads straight to HyperSpin, and when I close it the PC shut's down.

I'm currently configuring a new PC completely for the purpose of LaunchBox and plan on shelling it with InstantSheller once it's fully configured.

5 hours ago, thraxlol said:

Going back to an earlier question / point... You use a Windows PC with Luanchbox, and then use InstantSheller to hide the Windows OS.

https://www.gameex.com/instant-sheller-and-shelling-guide/

I have an arcade I built about 6 years ago on Windows 7 running HyperSpin, shelled with InstantSheller so when I turn it on it loads straight to HyperSpin, and when I close it the PC shut's down.

I'm currently configuring a new PC completely for the purpose of LaunchBox and plan on shelling it with InstantSheller once it's fully configured.

yes this it what I'm leaning towards. So the arcade feels like an actual arcade not a PC... good work

• Like 1

Since these utilities point windows towards your frontend exe (instead of the windows explorer.exe), it is important to have a fully working & bootable backup of your os before doing any such modifications.

A good solution is to use Casper 10 which clones the entire boot HD to another HD - if something goes wrong just swap the disks.

• Like 1

On 24/03/2017 at 8:43 PM, Crush said:

Since these utilities point windows towards your frontend exe (instead of the windows explorer.exe), it is important to have a fully working & bootable backup of your os before doing any such modifications.

A good solution is to use Casper 10 which clones the entire boot HD to another HD - if something goes wrong just swap the disks.

Will Do and thank you for this Vital information 

• 2 months later...
I want to be able to turn my Arcade on and let it run straight to launchbox mode. Not turn it on and have a OS WINDOWS  at the front end of the monitor feeling like a PC. Somebody suggested this is possible running WINDOWS in the background. I just don't know how to do it [emoji20]    Mind you I've never actually installed launchbox or used it before But I'm planning to by the end of the year!!!!

I've been watching clips on youtube and i was like wow I want an Arcade running big box mode, So i'm just taking baby steps atm trying to figure out how can i achieve this and what hardware do i need to run it.  

Just suspend your computer. Instead of turning it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk