LaunchBox Community Forums

Playlist ideas

2 minutes ago, proghodet said:

Aimtrak guns use the same technology as a wiimote, just a sensor bar placed on top ( I actually use my Dolphin bar for both the guns and four wii-motes ), so you can use it for any screen you'd like :) But yes, it is an investment..

OK, I already have a fake wii sensor bar I got off amazon uk for about £5 Its completely wireless ie battery powered, its just 2 points of light as is the official wii bar. Are there light guns I can get that will work with that? Please say yes.

Just now, neil9000 said:

OK, I already have a fake wii sensor bar I got off amazon uk for about £5 Its completely wireless ie battery powered, its just 2 points of light as is the official wii bar. Are there light guns I can get that will work with that? Please say yes.

It should work for guns - it would work with just two tea lights, according to mulitple articles and videos i've seen online :)
But the aimtraks (i haven't tried any others) comes with a sensor bar pr. gun - you only need one for multiple guns though :) Maverick's Arcade on youtube has a pretty thorough guide on how to to set it up.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, proghodet said:

It should work for guns - it would work with just two tea lights, according to mulitple articles and videos i've seen online :)
But the aimtraks (i haven't tried any others) comes with a sensor bar pr. gun - you only need one for multiple guns though :) Maverick's Arcade on youtube has a pretty thorough guide on how to to set it up.

Lol, got it "shit outa luck" cheers fella. :) 

proghodet,

I brainstormed a few ideas:

Shoot'em ups (SHMUPS)

Beat'em Ups

Pinball

RPGS

All the shitty games that AVGN played...

OR...

Go on youtube and find some TOP 100 lists and make a playlist based on those...

Just throwing 'em out there.

Have fun. :)

-mv

Edited by MetalVinnie
Bad spelling
  • Like 1

Okay, so I'm picking up that what neil9000 said a couple of posts backs is true;

Personally I have never used the sort by series myself, and would hazard a guess a lot of other users don't either.

So I guess that most people will just use playlists as an easy way to have a series or a genre together. Since I already have filled out all the fields for any game entry (with at least series and genre) those kinds of playlists are redundant for my setup.

However, i'm enjoying seeing these suggestions, so just keep'em coming! :)

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:52 PM, ALIE said:

Light guns was the first I have been doing.  I would also love to see best of or top 100 or something for Arcade, DOS,Amiga and such since I don't know much of what is the best games but other people might :)

There's something similar already created for Hyperspin. You can find the lists of best games for various systems here: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/9751-my-best-of-listings/

You just need to create Launchbox playlists based on them. A bit tedious but it beats searching the net for best of lists.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

If anyone gets a good playlist built, it'd be awesome if you could upload it to the Downloads section here. Playlists should share very well between users, so I'm hoping we can get a good collection of playlists going. :)

I have a decent lightgun playlist going with mame, demul, model 2 and windows lightgun games all in one. I could possibly share that if anyone is interested.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jaythompson said:

I have a decent lightgun playlist going with mame, demul, model 2 and windows lightgun games all in one. I could possibly share that if anyone is interested.

Incredibly off-topic by me here, but i've been curious - is there a way to get 2 players with lightguns in model 2 and / or demul? I have tried a bit, but couldn't work it out :)  I'm only using PCSX2, MAME and windows for lightgun games, as they seem to have been easiest to set up.

35 minutes ago, proghodet said:

Incredibly off-topic by me here, but i've been curious - is there a way to get 2 players with lightguns in model 2 and / or demul? I have tried a bit, but couldn't work it out :)  I'm only using PCSX2, MAME and windows for lightgun games, as they seem to have been easiest to set up.

Look up demulshooter. It's a third party program that does exactly what it's name implies. Bit of a learning curve to set it up but the documentation is pretty straightforward. I believe the thread about it is over on the byoac forum. There are a couple other programs - troubleshooter and troubleshooter2, but I found demulshooter the easiest to get going.