LaunchBox Community Forums

Arcade Playlists Missing Games

solidmeister

Okay I just tested this and imported those 4 games and LB totally screwed up and just named 3 of them after the zip name and made hotd into a game called Hot Dog even though it clearly showed all the MAME specific forms in the import wizard so now 3 of us have loaded these games in the program with different results so I have no clue what is happening. I'm using 7.11also. All games pulled the proper media from Emumovies

Edited by DOS76

Update deleted the games and ran it again and was about to get the same results then I decided to go back a form and unchecked import nonworking and when I did that it named them correctly and they all imported fine

Okay I take it back HOTD is nowhere to be found and HOTD4 created an additional app but both the main rom and additional app point to the hotd4.zip so there is some weird stuff happening here.

Edited by DOS76

Yeah, not to consistant is it. My only real issue was it not catching LB Database names. All the roms loaded, so no strange issues like you two had, it found Wiki meta, just would not find LB Database meta. I had to edit each game and delete the wiki ID then rerun search for metatdata again. On a couple I had to delete the name down to just like House or Dead in order for it to pull any LB data. 

2 hours ago, DOS76 said:

Update deleted the games and ran it again and was about to get the same results then I decided to go back a form and unchecked import nonworking and when I did that it named them correctly and they all imported fine

Okay I take it back HOTD is nowhere to be found and HOTD4 created an additional app but both the main rom and additional app point to the hotd4.zip so there is some weird stuff happening here.

This is what happen to me, and when I "allowed duplicate" games I got two house of the dead 4, one for the actual game and one for hotd.zip.

Edited by natemac00

• 6 months later...

Out of interest was this fixed? My arcade list has all 29 CPS1 games but lists 12 and then when I got to edit it has 17 as missing???  Bar individually going into the game individually and adding it to the list it could take ages.

My mame pack is the latest and on import CPS3 didn't even come up.  It's inconsistent still, for me at least

• 1 month later...

This still appears to be an issue, but if it helps I think I may have narrowed down the problem.

It seems when I import the full collection (clones and all) it populates almost every game in the playlists except a small handful (5 or 6 games across all playlists) where there are slight naming differences. For example in the Daphne Playlist I see missing  "Dragons Lair" (no apostrophe) and in my Arcade collection I find Dragon's Lair (with an apostrophe).

If when importing I choose to skip clones and prioritize a region (any region) I end up with tons of missing games in the playlists. I check my collection and find the games, but apparently not the specific clone that the playlist is looking for.

So it seems the playlists look for a specific version of the game, and if you filter that clone out when importing it wont match the playlist with whatever version you keep.

• 4 months later...

Hey guys, I was just wondering if this issue was ever resolved. I have a full 0.198 set and I am missing a number of playlists and the playlists I do have seem to be missing a significant number of games. I have deleted the whole set and reimported multiple times. I am on LB version 8.9, and am using the MAME full set import wizard. I have tried various combination of options (North America vs World, include nonworking roms, all check boxes checked/unchecked.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2018 at 9:06 AM, Owls21 said:

Hey guys, I was just wondering if this issue was ever resolved. I have a full 0.198 set and I am missing a number of playlists and the playlists I do have seem to be missing a significant number of games. I have deleted the whole set and reimported multiple times. I am on LB version 8.9, and am using the MAME full set import wizard. I have tried various combination of options (North America vs World, include nonworking roms, all check boxes checked/unchecked.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I was able to get all/most of the games using the MAME Full Set Importer... I chose to include non-working games and that did the trick... that also seem to add a lot of crap as well like system devices that I had to manually remove myself.

I was using MAME .201

17 hours ago, natemac00 said:

I did not, just the import unplayable games.

Ok, so I just reimported a full 0.198 set using the Full Set Import wizard. The options I used were: Import clones as additional apps, North American Region, and I unchecked "Skip games unplayable in MAME." All other boxes are checked, including the 3 playlist generation boxes at the bottom.

LB says 7,840 games were imported. Below are the playlists that were generated and the game counts for each:

2 Player			1672
4 Player			1672
Arcade				7840
Atari Classics			143
Ball & Paddle			74
Beat Em Ups			251
Board & Card			3
Capcom Classics			153
CPS I				33
CPS II				37
CPS III				7
Cave				28
Data East Classics		145
Fighting			284
Flyng				495
Irem Classics			61
Konami Classics			208
Light Gun			169
Maze				265
Midway Classics			119
MultiGames			78
Namco Classics			245
Namco System 22			17
Nintendo Classics		48
Pinball Arcade			17
Platform Games			353
Puzzle				260
Racing				395
Rhythm				0
Run & Gun			133
Sega Classics			522
Sega Model 2			34
Sega ST-V			73
Shoot Em Ups			453
Shooter				1301
SNK Classics			148
SNK Neo Geo MVS			141
Sports				544
Taito				305
Williams			17

I don't know how many I am missing, but the ones that come to mind are Daphne, Segal Model 3, Sammy Atomiswave, Neo Geo AES. Also, some of the game counts look low.

Any ideas guys?

15 minutes ago, Owls21 said:

Ok, so I just reimported a full 0.198 set using the Full Set Import wizard. The options I used were: Import clones as additional apps, North American Region, and I unchecked "Skip games unplayable in MAME." All other boxes are checked, including the 3 playlist generation boxes at the bottom.

LB says 7,840 games were imported. Below are the playlists that were generated and the game counts for each:

I don't know how many I am missing, but the ones that come to mind are Daphne, Segal Model 3, Sammy Atomiswave, Neo Geo AES. Also, some of the game counts look low.

Any ideas guys?

daphne you need to do manually, Model3 you need to create your own playlist (source CONTAINS model3.cpp) same with Nioma & Atomiswave (nioma.cpp), and AES.... you'll end up deleteing about half those roms you imported, change your sort to Genre and looking for something System/Device I beleive, those are all garbage unless someone says otherwise.

AES is also the home console of MVS so that wouldn't be in MAME.

My Arcade show's 4091 and as I said I used a complete rom & chd set of .201

Edited by natemac00

27 minutes ago, natemac00 said:

daphne you need to do manually, Model3 you need to create your own playlist (source CONTAINS model3.cpp) same with Nioma & Atomiswave (nioma.cpp), and AES.... you'll end up deleteing about half those roms you imported, change your sort to Genre and looking for something System/Device I beleive, those are all garbage unless someone says otherwise.

AES is also the home console of MVS so that wouldn't be in MAME.

My Arcade show's 4091 and as I said I used a complete rom & chd set of .201

Great, I started creating some of the playlists that were missing. Thanks for the help.

@Jason Carr is there a reason some arcade system playlists are not part of the automatic download and have to be crated manually?

3 minutes ago, Owls21 said:

Great, I started creating some of the playlists that were missing. Thanks for the help.

@Jason Carr is there a reason some arcade system playlists are not part of the automatic download and have to be crated manually?

The playlists that are created are specifically for MAME arcade games. The playlists you're referring to are either not playable (or barely playable) with MAME, or are not arcade playlists.

5 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

The playlists that are created are specifically for MAME arcade games. The playlists you're referring to are either not playable (or barely playable) with MAME, or are not arcade playlists.

Asked and answered. Simple enough. Thanks.

I know some unplayable roms in MAME are handled a bit better by other emulators so I was going looking to have the playlists created and manually change the emulator for the roms that run better outside of MAME.

BTW, I love LB/BB. Thanks for all the work you've put into it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Owls21 said:

Asked and answered. Simple enough. Thanks.

I know some unplayable roms in MAME are handled a bit better by other emulators so I was going looking to have the playlists created and manually change the emulator for the roms that run better outside of MAME.

BTW, I love LB/BB. Thanks for all the work you've put into it.

Thank you Owls. Yeah, there are emulators that are definitely much better suited for some of those platforms. We use the MAME metadata in order to process everything correctly, so we would need a different solution for the non-MAME stuff.

7 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Thank you Owls. Yeah, there are emulators that are definitely much better suited for some of those platforms. We use the MAME metadata in order to process everything correctly, so we would need a different solution for the non-MAME stuff.

I used the MAME Metadate from your import to import all the additional game. BUT...

I set CP1, CP2 & CP3 systems to use specific cores from Retro Arch,
NAOMI, Atomiswave, Hikaru & Cave to use specific command-lines with DEMUL,
Model2 roms to use the Model2 Emulator by Nebulus
Model3 Roms to use Supermodel Emu
and Daphne to use the Daphne Emu.

Everything is technically Arcade but you have bulk change the EMU's...that would be the only thing I would ask for a feature update.

@Jason Carr Anyway just like playlist (If/then) If a rom is in X playlist, use Y EMU or if SOURCE is X(model3.cpp) then use Y EMU.

Edited by natemac00
  • Like 1

I know there are workarounds for this, but does anyone know if this is being tracked as a bug? I'd rather not import a bunch of non working games just to fully populate playlists. Right now the biggest one I'm missing is Arcade Classics.

I imported using a full mame 0.202 split set.