LaunchBox Community Forums

Naomi Setup

johnnyskullhead

MAME .174 to .180 split, .181 to .183 split or non-merged and you're good as far as MAME rom sets. For Naomi specific it just depends on what you search. If you find a Naomi rom pack somewhere online, try it. All I mean by pre-compiled is that someone has compiled a rom set of just those specific roms.

Just remember if you plan on using this for Dreamcast and you get the183 or upward pack the dc.zip file has now been split into 3 separate files (dc.zip, dceu.zip and dcjp.zip) and you will need to unzip them all put all the files in a dc folder and then zip it up to make the bios that Demul is looking for.

Edited by DOS76

MAME = Arcade, and all of these special sets (Naomi, Taito, Neo Geo, etc) are all Arcade games. Every single one of those roms is already included in a MAME Rom set, which just got updated to MAME .183. You can manually pull out the games you'd want to create a seperate set of games, or you can find them pre-compiled online. As far as what Derek was saying, as of MAME .181 or .182, the Dreamcast BIOS were changed (which is what Demul uses, even for Naomi). It used to be that it was all in 1 file, dc.zip, which is what Demul wants. Now, MAME has split that in to 3 different files. You'll need to take the files out of the 2 new zips and put them in the dc.zip, or download a MAME non-merged romset which has a correct dc.zip. However, a split romset (the standard set that has 3 dreamcast bios files now) is much much smaller than a non-merged rom set. Non-merged is much larger due to every variant of file has everything required inside of each of them. It's a combination of split and non-merged. MAME is kind of confusing, so I don't blame you.

• 1 year later...
21 hours ago, Retro666 said:

Digging up an old thread :) 

Has this changed much with Mame set 2.01? I’ve just finished getting the lot (2.3tb) and want to start getting my platforms in order and working :)

Oh and it’s my first post so go easy on me!

cheers,

You will have the MAME software list sets there if it is that size, so you will have a lot of disc based console systems. The biggest packs for just MAME would be a non-megerd set and the matching CHD set which will be around 500GB in total.