LaunchBox Community Forums

can't import Amiga CD32 cue files since last db update

archimage

Hello, I have created a post in the wrong place (Launchbox section), but I guess I had to open it here.

I have problems importing Amiga CD32 .cue files since last DB update. I have only 8 games imported, the others are all skipped.

Before database update I have successuflly imported all of them, now it doesn't work.

I guess something changed, the name isn't the same Amiga CD32>Commodore Amiga CD32.

Also I have noticed that when I import or update files over old ones metadata isn't updated correctly, I get the right data only when I delete the platform and reimport everything again, it's hard to guess if everything is up to date.

If anyone has the same problem as me please let me know.

Thank you

The Database doesn't dictate what you can and can not import. If the names are off, then metadata and media wont be scraped because they can't be matched, but you can import everything. Do you have any hidden games? When you import, you would use the Windows search to filter out your .cue sheets. It should only import new games and skip over any duplicates unless you tell it to force importing duplicates. As well, even if you delete the games and platform, all the media is still there on your hard drive, and when you re-import the games you don't need to re-download images if you don't want. Either way, if you click on the platform, then click on a game, press Ctrl + A to highlight all of the games, then go to Tools -> Download Metadata and images. If you want to replace everything, then choose the first option from the list of choices. I generally choose the second one to find metadata and media for games that have empty fields. As for the platform being the wrong name, you can name them what ever you want, just make sure to use the Scrape As feature to scrape it as the proper name, otherwise metadata and media wont be found easily, or at all. If you already created the platform, go to Tools -> Manage Platforms, double click on the platform and set the Scrape As here, or during import if you type in a non-default platform name, Scrape As will pop up here too.

I don't know what other section you posted in, I am just seeing this one first, but this being in the LaunchBox Troubleshooting or Noobs section would have been totally fine to me. Most of these questions are actually completely unrelated to the Database it's self, so I'm gonna go ahead and move it over.

Did you delete your games from LB or just the platform? If it is just the platform then the games are still there they are just orphaned without a platform and you can't add them until you remove them and I can't off of the top of my head remember how to do that.

What I did : had a folder o:\roms\amigacd32 with old versions of the game (mp3 tracks). I delete the games from the folder replaced with newer ones with wav tracks, then I removed the platform from launchbox, then reimported. Only 8 are imported. How to make it understand that games are not there anymore ?

Edited by archimage

6 minutes ago, archimage said:

Thank for the proposal, but it didn't solve my problem, the (none) platform is empty, no games inside, so it's obviously something else... I can't figure out because there's no trace, no error, it just doesn't import

Try reimporting and checking the import duplicates checkbox.

• Like 1

Just now, archimage said:

Yes it worked finally ! Thanks Neil

Why are they considered duplicates ?

Also I don't know why emumovies don't want to connect anymore !

Glad it worked for you. they were considered duplicates because you haven't actually removed them from launchbox. It was just a hunch I had. Glad its working for you now though.

• Like 1

Just now, neil9000 said:

Glad it worked for you. they were considered duplicates because you haven't actually removed them from launchbox. It was just a hunch I had. Glad its working for you now though.

Sorry ill rephrase that, you haven't deleted them from launchbox, so when you tried to add them it said zero inported because they where already there, so telling it to add duplicates just repopulated it.

1 minute ago, archimage said:

next time I should delete through tools manage platforms If I understand well

Yes, delete through there 1st. That should of removed all the xml files. then you re-import. The reason the import duplicates worked is because the games where still there somewhere so when importing you did not add any new games, so zero found. checking the add duplicates just imported all the same games again.

19 hours ago, DOS76 said:

Did you delete your games from LB or just the platform? If it is just the platform then the games are still there they are just orphaned without a platform and you can't add them until you remove them and I can't off of the top of my head remember how to do that.

@DOS76 Said this hours ago and was correct. Glad its all sorted though.

Something seem still strange to me... If duplicates are imported, originals are probably still there, because the 8 imported games were in double. So I guess launchox keeps the first import, and when import duplicates is checked it just imports another one. So my question is where are the original games listed ?