LaunchBox Community Forums

can't import Amiga CD32 cue files since last db update

archimage

Ok let's find a conclusion if someone wants to track this really annoying bug.  This time "amiga cd32" changed to "commodore amiga cd32". My launchbox kept "Amiga CD32" name. I just decided to update this folder.

1. I deleted manually the games in the source, and replaced the roms for better ones

2.I deleted the platform in Launchbox, it was named Amiga CD32 as the old naming convenion in the DB

3. I imported as "Commodore Amiga CD32"

4. Importing results at 8 games instead of 155

PROBLEM : old games are still there not deleted because not found anymore..

WORKAROUND : Import as duplicates

LIMITATIONS : I guess this coud happen anytime for any platform, you notice it only when it's big enough... how woud I know ? It doesn't tell you games are not imported, it just tells you that X number of games are imported succefully, no error, no warning, no way to notice this bug... I have noticed it just because of the difference between 155 and 8. It could be on any platform. And let's say it could be 1500 instead of 1700. Who would notice it ?

There's also no way to find where are hidden the duplicates. It would be nice to be able to understand how the database works and be able to purge manually orphaned games.

It could be a good thing  to track this bug or at least understand precisely what happened.

Games hiding without finding them is quite annoying...

Edited by archimage

1 minute ago, archimage said:

Ok let's find a conclusion if someone wants to track this really annoying bug.  This time "amiga cd32" changed to "commodore amiga cd32". My launchbox kept "Amiga CD32" name. I just decided to update this folder.

1. I deleted manually the games in the source, and replaced the roms for better ones

2.I deleted the platform in Launchbox, it was named Amiga CD32 as the old naming convenion in the DB

3. I imported as "Commodore Amiga CD32"

4. Importing results at 8 games instead of 155

PROBLEM : old games are still there not deleted because not found anymore..

WORKAROUND : Import as duplicates

LIMITATIONS : I guess this coud happen anytime, you notice it only when it's big enough... how woud I know ? It doesn't tell you games are not imported, it just tells you that X number of games are imported succefully, no error, no warning, no way to notice this bug... I have noticed it just because of the difference between 155 and 8. It could be on any platform.

It could be nice to track this bug.

Games hiding without finding them is quite annoying...

I don't think this is a bug per se. The name doesn't just change from minute to minute, I still feel like you have another amiga cd32 or variant of that in your data folder that you have not deleted, so its gamelist is still there. therefore you have to import as a duplicate in order to import the games as the file directory path is still the same. I would still personally look at the data folder and delete anything that looks like amiga cd 32, and start again. I am sorry I couldn't get this solved for you tonight, and hope you don't hold it against me, I tried. :) 

• Like 1

Here are all the platforms I have : Amiga (zip files), Amiga WHDLOAD (zip files), Commodore Amiga CD32 (cue files), some games are identical because they were released on the two platforms, but still not the same platform nor extension, even artwork is different.

For example : Akira in Amiga WHDLOAD

I don't hold anything against you on the contrary you helped me and gave me a nice workaround thank you !

Have a good night !

Capture.PNG

Edited by archimage

I entered Amiga platform, search for deleted roms, it cleaned the mess they were pointing to Amiga CD32 games in the amigacd32 folder, not in the amiga folder which didn't contain cue files. good feel satisfied !

Edited by archimage

Just now, archimage said:

I entered Amiga folder, search for deleted roms, it cleaned the mess they were pointing to Amiga CD32 games in the amigacd32 folder, not in the amiga folder which didn't contain cue files. good feel satisfied !

Pleased for you, so I was sort of right there was another set of games somewhere so you had 2 sets of everything!! Anyway I am pleased it is solved, so not a bug. Enjoy your games and launchbox/bigbox.

• Like 1