LaunchBox Community Forums

8.0 feature list

neohusky

1 hour ago, teeedubb said:

I really like this idea, with one change - instead of the 'no boxart' text, have LB generate the covers on the fly with the game name on there, so instead of 'no boxart' it would be 'mr do'. I have seen some kodi skins do this for disc artwork.

I've requested this feature several times... I hope it happens.  As much time as people are spending on themes, it would be nice to have a decent looking image for games with missing art.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2017 at 0:01 AM, Kriven said:

He's going to do a poll I think, right? Like before?

Some kind of parental control system, you guys. Like, hiding certain tagged games unless a password is entered.

Vote PC!

I'm starting a campaign. Consider this the Ratings Matter Party.

I'd like to throw my name in the hat voting for this kind of feature.

• Like 1

I want launching an app like KODI or Jukebox from top level menu more than anything else. Hey, you're a mod, do you know if my username can be changed or am I locked in? I'd like to change to JaysArcade if possible. If not, no big deal. I just don't see a way to do it myself.

• Like 1

I personally would love to see some sort of "game caching" feature, akin to steammover.  My scenario:

I keep most of my games/roms/isos .7z compressed on my file server to save space.  I know LB can decompress these files to play the game/iso, but that takes time.  If i'm repeatedly playing a game, that would mean a wait each time.  What if we could create a launchbox "game cache" folder on my emulation machine's SSD, temporarily decompress the game to that folder, and launch it from there, then _leave the uncompressed copy_ for future launches, either until i clear the cache, or "unmark" the game from caching?  Or, something like "favorite" games get cached, others don't, or files below a certain size don't get cached because decompression would be so quick, that kind of thing.

This would give us the "best of both worlds" for space-saving as well as launch speed for our frequently played games.

Thoughts?

• Like 1