Pinball FX2 setup (media included)

RetroNi

I second Dane here, thanks a lot...
One question, if I set up 

$Esc::
{
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
} 

To exit Pinball Fx2, then is there another way to exit to the main menu for the game?  I don't completely want to remove that ability...

32 minutes ago, cleverest said:

I second Dane here, thanks a lot...
One question, if I set up 

$Esc::
{
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
} 

To exit Pinball Fx2, then is there another way to exit to the main menu for the game?  I don't completely want to remove that ability...

I use the exact same script but have "4" instead of "Esc" as "4" is the right flipper button on my X-Arcade Tankstick and I also have my PS4 controller home button mapped as "4" through Controller Companion. Then when "Esc" ispressed it just exits the game in Pinball FX2 back into the menu.

58 minutes ago, Dane said:

Sorry but whereabouts in LaunchBox do these files get placed?

\LaunchBox\Data\Platforms

You should see an xml file for each of your platforms in this folder. Just replace your existing PinballFX xml with it. I'd back up your original first just in case.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DerHof2007 said:

\LaunchBox\Data\Platforms

You should see an xml file for each of your platforms in this folder. Just replace your existing PinballFX xml with it. I'd back up your original first just in case.

Thanks very much, that did the trick and I'll know for future ones now.

• 4 months later...

I just want to thank @RetroNi and all the other contributors for this brilliant thread!! It's really helped me get my Pinball FX2 platform looking superb!!

Just to add my tuppence worth... with the Pinball FX2 exe I'm using I've found that if I add the command line parameter /LoadTable

/LoadTable

Then the program starts up with the table already loaded.

I also using @Retro808's suggestion of the putting an AutoHotKey script in so that the table closes back to BigBox.

So if I edit my emulator those two tabs look like this...

Image1.thumb.jpg.3aabe3755f816475b00821bdc4d03b52.jpgImage2.thumb.jpg.f10f43be60b1cd130ac7e7582a40e875.jpg

Thanks again for everyone's help :)

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

For the AutoHotkey Script...

Is there a way to use the back button on my Xbox 360 Controller (don't think it matters but its the arcade stick). I've Tried Joy3Back and other variations. On Mame my Xbox 360 Arcade stick shows up as Joy 3.

This thread has been a Life Saver!

• 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, MADMAN said:

Sorry for the noobness, what would be the appropiate names of the subfolders within \LaunchBox\Images\Pinball FX2 to place the image files?

\LaunchBox\Images\Pinball FX2\Screenshot - Gameplay <--- images.zip files go here

\LaunchBox\Images\Pinball FX2\Clear Logos <---clear logos.zip go here

\LaunchBox\Images\Pinball FX2\Fan Art - Background <----background.zip files go here

Thanks Copper!!! All working now!

Additionally, I edited the XML to add missing tables from the OP XML, there should be 77 tables in total, and the original XML think had 61 tables. The artwork however has them all!

I added the descriptions/notes to each of the added tables (a tricky one indeed, couldn't find the descriptions anywhere and I wanted the ones from in-game, so took screenshots of each and ran them through an OCR for image-to-text (yup, screw typing manually!)), and renamed some Titles for better organization (Star Wars Pinball, Marvel's, etc).

Important note: If you already have Pinball FX2 added, depending on the version of the executable, your Emulator tag inside the XML might need to be changed, otherwise it will prompt you to choose an emulator when trying to run the tables. What I did was to backup my XML, added a table, exited LB, and then copied the emulator tag from this new XML, and replaced all the emulator tags inside my backup XML using Notepad++.

I am attaching screenshots of my Pinball FX2 main screen, as well as inside LB, and of course the edited XML.

Hope you find it useful!

Pinball_FX2_Main.jpg

LB_Pinball_FX2.jpg

Pinball FX2.xml

• Thanks 2

Wow thank so much! You have more tables than I do for sure. But I do seem to have more tables than I thought I did. So huge thank you!

I'm not 100% but if you go into the pinball FX2.xml and replace the emulator with: 4aa3f197-fbd7-4352-84d7-fd7f55661264 <--this will boot directly into the table. Your xml was bringing me to the beginning of the game. of course, back up, and then use notepad ++ to replace all entries. If that doesn't work...I can tell you how to do it through launchbox itself.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Hello, the first thing for my English google translator
I get to boot the system with the rom but I always go to the main screen
... I put / LoadTable on the command line (I do not know if it is space or 
without space because in Johnny T post he writes it with space but in the 
image it looks without space ...), but it does not work for me, the system 
starts but it goes to the main screen ... and you have to choose the table ... 
On the other hand, the script does not work either close that if I do well 
in other systems ..I do not know what may be happening, can it be due to the 
configuration of the program itself? Should something be done in it?
Thank you
Edited by retroseriestv

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/17/2017 at 4:40 PM, RetroNi said:

Over the last few days i decided to setup Pinball FX2 in Launchbox which was the easy part.
Getting it to look Beautiful in launchBox was an absolute nightmare because everything had to be done and added manually, because theres nothing to scrape for this platform in the database.

Heres the final result:

Reveal hidden contents

58f512d89e433_Screenshot03.thumb.jpg.3be7c0b3cdbd70d5a45dccd53ddcd029.jpg58f512d6c76c1_Screenshot02.thumb.jpg.30a2eac0585dba3c58fc6490ccf3e181.jpg58f512d350057_Screenshot00.thumb.jpg.1ee9c37e473cf9dd5f47f312127c2f63.jpg58f512d4c5b56_Screenshot01.thumb.jpg.1e8ca434cfc48f0bb9fdb3e9dbe6d6ee.jpg

So i have decided i would upload everything here to save people time in getting Pinball FX2 setup in LaunchBox.

How to setup Pinball FX2:

To setup Pinball FX2 in LaunchBox is just a matter of importing the .pxp table files as the roms and then adding the pinballfx.exe as the emulator.
It's best to NOT scrape any data at all because you'll end up with all the wrong information from the scraper anyway, so just uncheck ALL the boxes in the scraper and import.

Heres a few screens to show how to setup:

Reveal hidden contents

Import the .pxp table files as the roms:

01.thumb.jpg.e5bd6d6b15008fd1780061c68c419489.jpg

Add the pinballfx.exe as the emulator:02.thumb.jpg.dbece0b0490be659fed572b0af793be4.jpg

Uncheck ALL the boxes in the scraper and import :03.thumb.jpg.edb328184b858119a0b983db129a39dc.jpg

Now that you have Pinball FX2 up and running in LaunchBox its time to add everything to make it look good.

Table Clear Logos:

Backgrounds and Box Art:

Gameplay Screenshots:

Table Videos:

Download whatever you need from above and insert them to the appropriate folders in the Pinball FX2 image/video folder.

All the files in the downloads above are named the same as the Pinball FX2 .pxp table files so they should work when placed in the appropriate folder.

I have also filled in all the metadata for the table information including developer, release dates etc and have uploaded the file for people to use.

Pinball FX2.xml 100.58 kB · 682 downloads

It expects you to have Pinball FX2 installed to LaunchBox games folder, but you can always use Notepad++ to change the location to your roms  folder.

If any of the creators above dont want their work to be posted here please let me know and i will remove it.

Would you happen to have a newer Pinball FX2.xml file with the metadata included? This is an older xml file that LaunchBox does not read all the metadata correctly from.

• 3 weeks later...