LaunchBox Community Forums

DEMUL No fullscreen

latin625

I'm pretty sure Demul just remembers whatever you had it running as when you closed it - in other words if it's in full screen when you exit the emulator it loads back up in full screen the next time you start it. I believe that's what Demul does anyway.

As far as the crashing, try checking the "attempt to hide console window at startup" in the emulator entry in LB.

For Demul in LB, you need to check "Hide console window" when you edit demul in LB, it should solve the crashing. It should also remember your fullscreen when you re-load Demul automatically. As for the bar at the top, I'm not sure, but there's no bar at the top for me.

Edit: You may also need to exit Demul from Alt + F4 and not Controller Automation.

• Like 1

NullDC "works" insomuch as it plays some games decently... sometimes. It's nowhere near as accurate overall as Demul. There are plenty of games that have major problems with NullDC. There are games that have issues in Demul as well, mind you, but not as many. Even games as major as Shenmue have huge visual problems in NullDC.

• Like 1

Um... we were being idiots (not you Latin). After thinking about it again, I realized, my demul runs in 1280x960, not a small window. I keep it windowed... but I remember a fullscreen option, and it's totally there. I don't know why I didn't think about that sooner. I was reading other posts and talked myself out of the option being there! There is a checkbox to start in fullscreen though... that's all you need.

vPj5jdM.png

• Like 1

Thanks @SentaiBrad

Tried your settings and still would not go into fullscreen. Best I could get was an off centered window version going.  I think I am gonna stick to NullDC.  The frustration of getting that emulator to run is just not worth it.  Hope I can run DemolishFist on NullDc...gonna try soon

Which video plugin (config -> plugins and paths) are you using for Demul? There's gpuDX11 and gpuDX11ng. This is what I've got for mine:

58fbbb853cd0a_Demul-01.thumb.png.36e06112c3b2cb3fdbffbea277296bbd.pngAnd this is what I have in graphics config:

58fbbbce40307_Demul-02.png.324ccdfbfac79bed4c5f764468a1bdf6.pngAnd this is what I have on my emulator details tab in LB:

58fbbc175908e_Demul-03.thumb.png.378a27641341233bc91111752e450a0e.pngIf this is what you've got and it's still not running in fullscreen I'm inclined to think you've got some kind of external software that's interfering - maybe something set in the Nvidia control panel or with Nvidia Share or whatever the ATI equivalents are if you've got an ATI card.

• Like 1

Yeah... I have the same settings.  No biggie.  Thanks for the help though.  I think ima stick with NullDC for now.  Just want to start playing and not worry about the crashing with LB and the non full screen.

Edited by latin625

• 5 months later...