LaunchBox Community Forums

7.10-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

On 5/11/2017 at 2:55 AM, emko said:

well after running update metadate/images on my collection i do a "clean up images" i get like 700+ duplicated images deleted, is there a way to log the new image download to see what LB DB CRC its trying to match and what my image is returning? because clearly the clean image system is working correct so why wouldn't the image downloader return the same CRC match?

Good to know, that makes sense. It's possible that we may have a discrepancy where images are evaluated differently between the two (maybe one includes region folders and one doesn't?); just a guess. I will look into. :)

On 5/11/2017 at 6:09 AM, DOS76 said:

Okay Demul was doing that to people for awhile checking the attempt to hide console window on startup checkbox in the manage emulator edit form fixed it for a lot of people in Demul

Wow. That is most definitely the best sleuthing I've seen in a while, @DOS76. You're amazing.

• Like 1

Beta 6 is out guys! I believe I've solved the lack of screenshots bugs when not showing a video, and also the startup threading bugs that were occasionally happening since the startup performance improvements. :)

But plugins have still been the focus here. There are two more plugin types now: ISystemEventsPlugin and ISystemMenuItemPlugin which will allow you to plugin into startup, shutdown, etc. events (the former) and add items to the Big Box System/LaunchBox Tools menu (the latter).

I've also added a bunch of additional documentation: http://pluginapi.launchbox-app.com

Thanks everyone! :)

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

Also, I will be doing a surprise live stream some time this afternoon (in the next couple hours probably) so I can test and demonstrate some of the community's plugins. :)

ooh i will try and stay awake for a "totally surprising live stream" then, was going to have a early night, but it is Friday night so.... ill stick around. :) 

• Like 1

@Jason Carr Great beta update transitions between platform and game categories in BigBox what a speed improvement almost seamless.  Thanks for fixing the screenshots in the <transitions:TransitionPresenter TransitionSelector="{Binding ImageVideoTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding ImageVideoView}" IsContentVideo="true" working as before.  Your probably going to sat what the #*#* but would it be possible for you to add a new <transitions:TransitionPresenter TransitionSelector that worked like when it was broke ie:- that doesnt do the screenshots when using background video as this would be great for views where you did not want to see screenshots in the small video placement area when using background video in other words just add the broken version of the <transitions:TransitionPresenter TransitionSelector="{Binding ImageVideoTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding ImageVideoView}" IsContentVideo="true" where it wasnt showing screenshots as a new <transitions:TransitionPresenter and could you make it have the stretch functionality.  KUDOS on another great update.

Edited by Maddoc1007
  • Like 1

Jason,

I updated to the latest beta version 7.10 beta 6 and I'm getting constant crashes. This was never an issue before but now when ever I run a Dosbox game if I press the menu button on my Xbox One Controller Bigbox instantly crashes to an error message, it doesn't seem to matter which game or what key joytokey has been set to press with the menu button. I should mention I am also using Rocketlauncher. This problem so far only seems to happen when ever I run a Dosbox game, I have not done major tests but MAME seems to work fine. This was never an issue in any of the previous releases? Any help appreciated...?

EDIT: OK so I found the problem, some mix up with Controller Companion which I was using to launch Bigbox, weird was working fine before....Anyway I would consider this problem solved.  

Edited by Levo_Stone
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, JaysArcade said:

Wow. Latest beta, everything feels so snappy. Switching between games in BB - transitioning between videos seem to be much faster than before. You're doing something right @Jason Carr! Keep up the good work!

Same for me! Awesome!

• Like 2